Urban Pathways Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
Can be frustrating at time front line supv on site with difficult clients at times but is very rewarding to see people move up and out and be independent for themselves.
Cons
Mgt needs to be more supportive and understand what your going through on site every day
Great place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. Benefits. Interview was 2 weeks. 401k and all the works. They train you as well. Willing to come bavk immediately. Perfect job perfect pay
Great company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I messed up and got fired but i would give anything to work here again. They give benefirs vaca pay sick leave. They are truely the ideal company. And they truely care about their emoloyees.
Pros
Respect and gratitide
Cons
Stressful environment but the client made it worth while
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 27, 2017
in this field it is imperative that the staff feel appreciated because it is stressful enough. This company lacks compassion. its all about the money and what statistics show on paper. I was disappointed about this.
Pros
Good pay, meet great clients
Cons
lack of compassion from supervisors and HR
Great job
Outreach Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2017
I learned a lot from this position due to it was new and performing outreach. I loved engaging the residents and working with the team that I worked with.
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments however, very low paying, expensive health care and poor management. Would be a great job environment if improvements are made in these areas.
Pros
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments
Cons
Poor management, expensive health care
What you learned
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
How to deal with stress and more knowledge of the homeless population. Computer skills. Multi task and making quick decision when it comes to client better way
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
Benifits
Case Manager
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
I enjoy working within human services. I was able to learn a lot and gain a plethora of experience. I was able to gain insight into working with the chronically homeless. The workload is attainable if balanced correctly.
Productuve Workplace and Friendly Environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
I am truly grateful for the opportunity Urban Pathways has given me to work for such a great company. This company is truly transparent and the workplace culture is stress free considering the type of clients we serve. I would recommend anyone to work for this wonderful company if given the opportunity.
Great staff
Case Aide/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Great staff, Love Ms.Lombardi, However they are not a big company, so the salaries are not very competitive...........................................
Pros
Great staff, support from upper management
Cons
Low salary
Don't recommend as workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Do not recommend as workplace. Senior management is poor. Hardest part of job is stress due to difficult, unsympathetic supervisors, senior management and bad communication and lack of employee support. Lots of micromanagement. Staff fun to work with though!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Senior Management, No Support
its real
Case Manger (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
it been good because I am working the population that I enjoy working with. There is always different each day. happy to have this position. this company provide training as you need it to up to date with all new thing that can help you provide the best service to your clients I wake up happy to go to work.
Tough skin required
Case Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
If you work outreach at the main office and have to with the deputy quit because that person is a bully, who is not kept in check. Working for other parts of the company may be for you but if you want to do outreach don't do it there.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
Has room to grow
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 19, 2017
Work normally was great, pleasantries with clients as well as management. Coleuges were great to work with. Company stood for a great beacon of light for New York city.
Benefits
Cons
Too much over time
Work In Progress
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
You come in to work. You have to work with tenants, guest, and staff, sometimes you get a break sometime you work a full shift with no relief. Sometimes more so than less you will be doing 16 hours a day with no breaks. Everything must be logged, you must keep a constant accurate count of your time because they love to mess up peoples hours and checks.
Pros
O.T. is available
Cons
relief post wit no relief
Nice place to work but coworkers are shady watch your back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2016
Great company overall could use more organization in operations department, great corporate staff, clean bfyjrawtuokk

Knhtrdyjollljj
Benefits
Cons
Boring
Very great place very productive you can learn a lot of things working for this company
Operation Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2016
Urban pathways is a great place hands down but I feel like they should pay much more I love working with the clients and the staff very great place to work
productive fun place to work at
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for homeless New Yorker's.We engage individuals “where they are at” through our strong network of services to help individuals move into housing and minimize the likelihood of ever returning to the streets.As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient.
Pros
sheltering the homeless
Cons
permanant housing
fun and intereting
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2016
taking care of my patients taking care of there hygene making sure my patient is clean and groomed make sure house is clean and neat and tidy,,,,my day would be nice and time managed
Overall this job is very easy and the population is very lovable and can be a bit to handle at times.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2016
I love working with the population that i work with although i feel like the employee and people in the supervisor position can make things a little easier to deal with with it comes to their employees and their personal life. We have lives and are parents as well and wish that they would try to be a little more understanding.