Urban Pathways Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and Dysfunctional
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2018
I wish I could tell all but I would take up 4 pages so I will provide a summary of a few things. The program manager comes to work likes she auditioning for America's Top Model and the the social service supervisor thinks she's the program manger!. Between the both of them there is a lack communication. For example, the supervisor had a meeting with her staff later on the program manager had a meeting with the same staff and repeated the same thing the supervisor said earlier. The supervisor said "I told them that already". Things like this happened quite often. Management talks down to staff and uses bullying tactics. The case managers can't plan their day because of the everyday interruptions and dysfunctional antics from management. The culture there is unprofessional and has a low moral. It starts from the top. Case Mangers are sent out into the field by themselves and management don't care if you get hurt or about your safety. Their only concern is if you made the visit. Management don't REALLY care about the clients either, their only concern is did you write the notes for the clients, not asking how is the client doing today? They don't pay for your car mileage and is always running out of Metro- cards but expect you to go out into the field almost everyday. Also HR is no help either. You can send them an email and then turn around and have to call HR to see if they received your email. Please don't leave them a message either because they will not call you back. I don't not recommend this job to anyone. Seriously, this location needs to be shut down!
Pros
Staff get to leave a few hours early during the summer.
Cons
A lot of paper work and unrealistic expectations to get the work done, Paper work that hasn't been completed a least 1 year ago that's given to case mangers, A lot of under-cover fraud going on
Not too bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with my fellow staff and the people we served (veterans). It was just main office and management that were not realistic. I came in when everything was a disaster and there was a lot of stress on me to fix errors I had no idea to fix. I didn't have help with management. I liked that I had my own office. I also liked that there was always something to do.
Pros
Private office, nice staff and events
Cons
too much expectactions and not enough support.
Tiny unprofessional not for profit
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
The services to clients are a joke in all honesty, all they are providing is a temporary roof, all services the clients need, is pretty much on the client. The case managers are just documenting, documenting, and DOCUMENTING and making copies COPIES and MORE COPIES to make it seem like the program is doing something. The pay and the benefits are NOT worth A THING. Now that I've been here, I'd say it's for people who lack skills and confidence to do any better, which the agency uses to keep them down.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Coming in
Productive workplace
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
Can be frustrating at time front line supv on site with difficult clients at times but is very rewarding to see people move up and out and be independent for themselves.
Cons
Mgt needs to be more supportive and understand what your going through on site every day
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 4, 2018
Urban Pathways is a short term community based SRO that helped to keep people in need housed until they could find permanent housing. It did not do a very good job of find permanent housing for its residents.
Pros
provided housing for the homeless
Cons
many residents did not find the housing they needed.
Experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
The company doesn’t show value in their employees. HR is disrespectful, rude, and unprofessional. Management is extremely unprofessional bias and disrespectful. Don’t waste your time. Staff are in clicks, and it hate when you’re confident and chose to be to yourself instead of engaging in unnecessary drama.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, Low Pay, Unprofessional, No support, and bias Supervisors.
i do not recomend working with this organization
Social Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  new york citySeptember 22, 2018
Working at Urban Pathways was very stressful and toxic at times. It was an environment where the Supervisors pitted the employees against each other , The management was unwilling to listen to everyone ,when it came to the working conditions . Making decisions based on favoritism instead of merit.
Pros
The physical work environment was good
Cons
The environment was not conductive to growth and development
Stressful
Head Maintenance Technician/Porter (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 25, 2018
Terrible environment to work in the management was unprofessional, there was no room to move up and the management treated the workers like they was dispensable.
Urban Pathways
Social Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 20, 2018
Very diverse organization with room for growth. Besides the commute, I dont have any other complaints. My program director was very hands on with her staff and assured we always had the tool needed to succeeded.
Productive and fun place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2018
Excellent Organization to work for.
I learned how to engage with clients
clients suffering from a mental illnesses
fast past and completive environment.
working with the clients.
Great place to work because of cultural diversity.
Social Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Nice place to work because of multidisciplinary staff, type of clients and management collaboration to help. Sometimes, higher management staffs can identify potentials and exploit. However, some staffs/supervisors has little or none experiences to do the work and are not teachable. Generally speaking, Urban Pathway is great place to work. Always room for improvement.
Pros
Training! Training!! Training!!!
Cons
Salary is averagely poor
Great place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. Benefits. Interview was 2 weeks. 401k and all the works. They train you as well. Willing to come bavk immediately. Perfect job perfect pay
Great company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I messed up and got fired but i would give anything to work here again. They give benefirs vaca pay sick leave. They are truely the ideal company. And they truely care about their emoloyees.
Pros
Respect and gratitide
Cons
Stressful environment but the client made it worth while
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 27, 2017
in this field it is imperative that the staff feel appreciated because it is stressful enough. This company lacks compassion. its all about the money and what statistics show on paper. I was disappointed about this.
Pros
Good pay, meet great clients
Cons
lack of compassion from supervisors and HR
Great job
Outreach Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2017
I learned a lot from this position due to it was new and performing outreach. I loved engaging the residents and working with the team that I worked with.
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments however, very low paying, expensive health care and poor management. Would be a great job environment if improvements are made in these areas.
Pros
Recognizes staff members for their accomplishments
Cons
Poor management, expensive health care
What you learned
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
How to deal with stress and more knowledge of the homeless population. Computer skills. Multi task and making quick decision when it comes to client better way
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
Benifits
Case Manager
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
I enjoy working within human services. I was able to learn a lot and gain a plethora of experience. I was able to gain insight into working with the chronically homeless. The workload is attainable if balanced correctly.
Productuve Workplace and Friendly Environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
I am truly grateful for the opportunity Urban Pathways has given me to work for such a great company. This company is truly transparent and the workplace culture is stress free considering the type of clients we serve. I would recommend anyone to work for this wonderful company if given the opportunity.
Great staff
Case Aide/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Great staff, Love Ms.Lombardi, However they are not a big company, so the salaries are not very competitive...........................................
Pros
Great staff, support from upper management
Cons
Low salary