UrbanSitter

UrbanSitter Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews

Fun to work with children and families one on one and gain experience for Early Childhood Positions.

I have started with urbansitter for a few months and in those few months I have been a Nanny for one family. The family I work for is very understanding, friendly, flexible, and overall great! They treat me as their own family. I have worked as a teacher in a center before but working for only one family lets me see more of the behind the scenes perspective. However, all families are different, pay is different, schedules and rules and such are different depending on the family you work for. I am fortunate to work for a great family.

Lovely Families

It honesty just depends at where you work, the families are great and understanding depending on who you work for. Overall pretty good side job. Also make sure to be ready to stand up for yourself since some families don’t stick to their hourly rates. Kids are great though.

UrbanSitter insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Lots of flexibility and varying pay

Atmosphere is hit or miss depending on what family you work for, some are great and some are not. Kids are fun and pay can get pretty high for a nanny job!

Choice of good families

Found a lot of good nanny jobs through this company. Have met some wonderful families that have impacted me positively. This website is like a stepping stone to where you need to get. Very helpful.

Pros

There are choices

Cons

No boss. mainly working privately

Great place to find families to work with!

Urbansitter makes it super fast and easy to find the right family to work with as a caregiver. It makes it very easy to make your own schedule and find work that is tailored to your needs and preferences.

I like being flexible and it gave me that

I could accept or decline the jobs offered I could work as much or as little as I wanted to and I can set my own pay rate as well as my own hours and I get to interview my own potential clients as well as they me

Pros

I just like being in control of my paycheck

Cons

If they don't get they cut they won't post your profile

Work around your own schedule

Perfect job for college students. You're able to create your own schedule, work around it, and also pick up one time jobs. Super easy to find gigs on the job board as well!

Experience will vary a lot depending on the families you match up with

I had both good and bad experiences finding work through UrbanSitter. The app was easy enough to use and in my area there were often a lot of jobs. However, pay and quality of the work varied a lot on the families as UrbanSitter doesn't seem to regulate any of that (seen jobs posted that were under minimum wage). Can't really speak to management or anything like that since the work is largely independent unless you have to go through support for some reason which I never had to. Stopped using the app once I found a family I started working for regularly and because they changed it so sitters had to pay to use the app.

Good for first time job

No room for growthAdded membership fee which is why I stopped using UrbanSitter.No protection for employees. Not many job listings posted on the website.

Good customers

Good people with a nice personality and the kids are well behaved but some of the kids are not well Behaved and the parents are very courteous and polite

Pros

Good Tips

Cons

No healthcare

n/a

it was okay and boring, i wished that i never worked there in the first place. one day they do not do nothing to help me out and the management sucked as well. the hardest part is that you cant find any resources to help the children out.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

This was a social site like Sittercity and care.com

Through this site worked with many different families and received outstanding reviews for my job well done love this site and the way it’s set up to keeping calendar updated and families can review and message you

Pros

Families were excellent

Cons

Nothing bad

Fun environment and got to meet many great people and enjoyed watching over their children while providing a safe, fun, atmosphere

Really good atmosphere loved to watch the children. The app made it unbelievably easy and the parents are all great. I learned how to multi-task especially

Not recommended

Either you don’t receive a reply or sitters cancel on short notice. Not one reliable sitter found. Waste of money for registration and time. Just frustrating. Best method is to ask friends and colleagues at work to find a good sitter.

It's not a regular 9 to 5

It's just an app that provides a platform for childcare between provider and clientele(parents). I was content until the now required membership charge. I'm not prepared for such a change as jobs are scarce with the many sitters to choose from.

Great work environment

learned a lot, management was great, gives opportunities for those who seek it. enjoyed my time entails taking full responsibility for the health and welfare of children when their parents are away. Sitters are entrusted with every aspect of childcare from meals to hygiene to educational activities. Other important duties include discipline and keeping records of children's daily activities

Excellent until the Price Requirement

This company helped me be able to support myself through special needs nannying while in college. I stayed with this company until they decided to start CHARGING their employees a fee to use the service!

Babysitter/nanny

Most families are flexible, rate your performance, and recommend you to other families. You can create your own calendar with your availability. You select your own rates for families to see. They provide one-time, part-time, and full-time jobs.The app is easy to work. If you love working with kids this can be a nice option for that and you make extra cash as well.

Good before annual fee

I have been on urbansitter for over a year I've got several good jobs from that website. last week they started to charge sitters an annual fee... funny on the same day that the charges started they were posting available jobs at $85 an hour $20 an hour $15 an hour and lots of them which has never been the case on urbansitter very rarely would you see jobs that were $15 or $20 an hour and if they were on there they wouldn't last long or they were only for one day out of the month so I feel as though this is a marketing scam and a way of getting people to to join as new members would think that they were going to be able to get these good jobs if the paid the annual fee. Reeks of fake advertising. If you join dont expect those jobs to be available!

Pros

Cons

Fee

Beware scams

Lots of scamming families. Read your agreements carefully and don't be afraid to call them out for shorting you! The people running it will remove anything negative from the group chats on Facebook. They want to build a community but remove anyone trying to warn others of aweful experiences they have had with obvious scams

Find the right family for you

The only reason why I'd give this job a bad review is because the mother I worked for took advantage of my kindness immensely. She knew I had a strong connection and sympathy for her daughter and she used that to underpay me and exploit my free time. I still really love the family, but you have absolutely no guidance or boss, so make sure you're not being scammed and understand when you deserve better.

Common questions about UrbanSitter

Answered by current and former employees at UrbanSitter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UrbanSitter. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UrbanSitter.
Powered byComparably