UrbanSitter

UrbanSitter Employee Reviews

United States42 reviews
Through this site worked with many different families and received outstanding reviews for my job well done love this site and the way it’s set up to keeping calendar updated and families can review and message you
Pros
Families were excellent
Cons
Nothing bad
I hope many caregivers will know their worth and not just take $10 or $18/hr to care for 1 or kids in NJ, NYC, CA...
It’s ridiculous how so many parents are offering miserable rates for caregivers to go to their home and provide a private care with one on one attention for their children. It’s a LUXURY to hire them and if you are broke, just don’t make kids or take your kids to daycare where they take care of a group of children at a lower rate for minding all of them at the same time. Many caregivers wen to nanny schools, they have graduate degrees, they are NCS, more than 10 years of experiences, CPR certified and much more. Some parents want you to be a caregiver, a housekeeper, a pet care, a personal assistant, all of the above for a pitiful rate! No way! I prefer to be jobless than working below my worth.

Also, almost all CAREGIVERS get paid under the table via cash or direct deposit to their back, unfortunately, they will never be able to file for unemployment if parents lay them off. Please parent, a nanny/babysitter PT or FT is your employee, look up publication 926 from the irs, you must enroll them with a W2 and take care of deductions through your family accountant. I know Urbansitter doesn’t have HOMEPAY on their profile like on Care, but you can use Homepay website on your own or use your family cpa to make things right for your caregivers. If they will be driving your kids around with their own cars, give them the IRS rate of 57.5 cents per mileage to cover gas, wears and tears on their cars on top of their childcare rate. Pay should be increased if they have
 - more...
Really good atmosphere loved to watch the children. The app made it unbelievably easy and the parents are all great. I learned how to multi-task especially
Either you don’t receive a reply or sitters cancel on short notice. Not one reliable sitter found. Waste of money for registration and time. Just frustrating. Best method is to ask friends and colleagues at work to find a good sitter.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It's just an app that provides a platform for childcare between provider and clientele(parents). I was content until the now required membership charge. I'm not prepared for such a change as jobs are scarce with the many sitters to choose from.
learned a lot, management was great, gives opportunities for those who seek it. enjoyed my time entails taking full responsibility for the health and welfare of children when their parents are away. Sitters are entrusted with every aspect of childcare from meals to hygiene to educational activities. Other important duties include discipline and keeping records of children's daily activities
This company helped me be able to support myself through special needs nannying while in college. I stayed with this company until they decided to start CHARGING their employees a fee to use the service!
Most families are flexible, rate your performance, and recommend you to other families. You can create your own calendar with your availability. You select your own rates for families to see. They provide one-time, part-time, and full-time jobs.The app is easy to work. If you love working with kids this can be a nice option for that and you make extra cash as well.
I have been on urbansitter for over a year I've got several good jobs from that website. last week they started to charge sitters an annual fee... funny on the same day that the charges started they were posting available jobs at $85 an hour $20 an hour $15 an hour and lots of them which has never been the case on urbansitter very rarely would you see jobs that were $15 or $20 an hour and if they were on there they wouldn't last long or they were only for one day out of the month so I feel as though this is a marketing scam and a way of getting people to to join as new members would think that they were going to be able to get these good jobs if the paid the annual fee. Reeks of fake advertising. If you join dont expect those jobs to be available!
Pros
Cons
Fee
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UrbanSitter?
Lots of scamming families. Read your agreements carefully and don't be afraid to call them out for shorting you!
The people running it will remove anything negative from the group chats on Facebook. They want to build a community but remove anyone trying to warn others of aweful experiences they have had with obvious scams
The only reason why I'd give this job a bad review is because the mother I worked for took advantage of my kindness immensely. She knew I had a strong connection and sympathy for her daughter and she used that to underpay me and exploit my free time. I still really love the family, but you have absolutely no guidance or boss, so make sure you're not being scammed and understand when you deserve better.
Urbansitter is a really good side job, especially for someone like myself who is in school. You make your own schedule by applying for any jobs you are available for. I recommend this position for someone enrolled in college who is looking for a side job.
Pros
own schedule, good pay
Cons
No healthcare experience
Great for creating your own schedule, rates, etc. I quickly had a growing list of excellent reviews, never had any issues with families, as they were all background checked. I loved setting my own rates.
Cared for children from different parents
got paid poorly and by the hour or by the day

hardest part is the parents are difficult to deal with and don't pay right

the enjoyable parts are the children
Cons
The job opportunities are limited and competitive. It's a website with job listings related to child care and it's dependent on you to secure hours and a position with potential clients. You learn a good deal of professionalism in relation to communication and representation.
It was amazing experience. The urban sitter app allows you to have a freedom in a sense. You pick your own jobs and hours. You can decline or accept jobs all based on the schedule you want.
Pros
You pick your own hours.
Cons
Families only book you if you have specific work experience.
Un día típico en el trabajo.
Alistar todo muy ordenadamente para q sea un día productivo

Lo que aprendí de mi día.

El orden y la limpieza es un hambiente sano

Cultura laboral.

Tener buenos hábitos y manejar los horarios con responsabilidad

La parte más difícil del trabajo.

Lo que mas me gusta de mi trabajo.

Todos los días me despierto con buena actitud porq me agrada mi trabajo
Pros
Hambiente sano
Very fun. I absolutely love children so I really enjoy this company. I get to work around my schedule and be around children all of the time. I would definitely consider someone who loves kids to work here.
Pros
Time with children.
Cons
None so far.
Good Job environment, new innnovative spirit about work. fun volunteer work great interaction with others. Friendly People. Good Upbeat environment. Fun Weekly work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I love caring for children. It teaches me what it is like to be a parent. I have to be on time picking up the kids from school, prepare healthy meals and snacks, help with homework and instrument practice, teach manners, and keep their minds and bodies active! It is a lot of work at times but I get paid a lot. I wish the hours were better (i.e. twice a week for 8 hours instead of everyday for 3-4 hours).
Pros
high pay, free food, fun conversation
Cons
no benefits, a few hours a everyday so it's hard to make plans
If you have a good profile and experience to offer, you could get what you ask for.
A good work to manage your own schedule. so, you can study and work somewhere else.
Pros
you manage your timing
Cons
payment is different on different states