URBN Employee Reviews

Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 7, 2018
Opportunities for advancement are available and the supervisors and managers are definitely there to help you. Huge learning experience and I like every minute of my clocked-in-life here.
Pros
2-15 minute paid breaks, 1 hour lunch, plenty of OT, great beneifts
Sketchy place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAOctober 25, 2018
A lot of people were scary/on drugs. The restrooms were the typical shoot up lounge and people would just steal things all the time. I tried to make it work there and stay focused on my own team, but people were quitting and the work got unbearable and stupid. The manager never managed in his life and started the same day I did. Not a good place when I worked there, maybe its better now.
Pros
Cons
too many
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 27, 2018
This place is horrible I would not recommend. I worked there for 4 months and the scheduling was so bad. They literally have the option of changing your schedule every day, even the day before or a few days before you come in . So they make you check your schedule everyday before you leave, after a while it gets stressful ! you never have a set schedule! You can work 11-8 one day and 2-11 the next. If you get confused and come in at the wrong time , even if it’s 30 mins or 15 mins , (which can happen because they change the schedule so much ) , you get points and they DO NOT take off points. Also, their point system is horrid. You get points for being 3 min outside of your scheduled time for breaks, lunches , clocking in and out. Oh and if you have to use the restroom when it’s not break time, you have to go in 3 min or you get points. Depending on where you sit, it is impossible! If you have family issues they don’t take off points if you can’t come in so once they are there they stay. They don’t accept doctors excuses. They already have a crazy schedule system so you would think there point system would be fair!! it’s hard if you’re sick or family member is sick or something. THEY DONT CARE. You don’t have a life outside of work because they schedule you 9 hours a day and you work all holidays except Christmas. Management only cared about themselves and seemed racist. also, they never wants to take escalated calls. Training is only a week and a few days so you are definitely not prepared for the floor but they get annoyed when you ask for help. They have a training class  more... every month, because people come and go so much because of how they operate. It literally makes you dread coming to work . I could go on and on!!! If you have a family or any obligations that pertain to having a normal life this is NOT FOR YOU . Sure is not a typical 9-5 job!!!  less
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Management, scheduling, point system
poor management and morale
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
Company fostered competition and dishonesty. Lack of HR department (seriously) leads to no outlet to report mistreatment by superiors. Superiors often grossly under-qualified for their positions and rely on low pay subordinates to bear most of the hard work.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
No human resource department
URBN Call Center does not care about you as a individual they only care about there company
Contact Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 24, 2018
working at urbn call center in Augusta Ga
was stressful not because of the work but because of the people
hire management' they do not help you meet your goals but only care about if you can help your supervisor make his are her number to be the best supervisor for that current month i would think both of those would have to play hand and hand in order to get a great solution but not in there book i work there 4 years seen people come and go the i know alot about the call center in Augusta Ga some good things and bad
Pros
Pay 9.50-10hr, Repetitive Work Once You Learned It, Meet different local co-workers, Good Benefits, and your chair spins
Cons
Racist, Leads And Managers Have Attitude Problems When You Ask For Help, No Opportunity To Grow, The Company Sales You On Hope And Dreams They Can Not Fulfill, No Help With Working With Your Schedule
It's good!
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Great Culture, Create People and you have a lot of options to learn if you are a go getter.
-Hardest Part is working with the people
-Most enjoyable is working with the people :)
Temporary is key
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
Unfortunately the management team tells you what you want to hear, but takes no action to further the process. I think it's a great gig for part-time.
great pizza and beer menu
Line cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
it was a good job for learning how to manage kitchen life and learn new things
from preping food and slicing vegtables
and cleaning floors and taking orders
Not good for conscious individuals
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
I work in one of the the Atlanta store. The pay is joke for how hard you actually work during a shift. The management only cares about hour store goals. There is always someone new, because there is always someone leaving because of poor work conditions. They (management) constantly hassles the employees about "buying from the store" to fit the "Aesthetic'. Basically, put your entire paycheck back into the store so they can reap the benefits. The customers are mostly upper class (I mean look at the prices), so get ready to be belittled and challenged everyday by them. You don't get much praise and acclamation unless you buy the clothes, make the higher sales, and harass each and every customer until they make a big purchase. Management constantly tries to put the employees against each other by creating a "challenge" or a "game". The scheduling is also a joke. Now, there is a "scheduling computer system" instead of an actual human as a scheduling manager. Hours constantly gets cut, overbooked outside of availability, a fight for time off or extra days between employees. The list goes on and on. It honestly is not a good place to work. I never recommend it. The company does not care at all about their employees, especially their part time employees. I wake up dreading the work day. Oh and the work conditions behind the store, where the employees nest, is atrocious. It is very tine, congested, dusty, and everything, including the bathroom facilities are always breaking. As much money as the company makes, you would think we'd have better working conditions or more employee incentives.  more... If you get an interview, RUN!  less
Pros
Not much
Cons
Pay and Management
CSR to Support Processor (Furniture Team)
Support Processor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 11, 2018
The contact center can be a very fun place to work for if you can overlook the annoying customers and potentially bad schedule. Like many call centers, they are very strict about attendance and punctuality. It's a great place to work for if you need a guaranteed 40+ hours a week, but might not be the best if you plan to work and go to school, or if you have a family (depending on the department/team you work in). When I was a CSR the scheduling ranged anywhere from 7a-4p to 3p-12a, any day of the week, including holidays, except Christmas day. Once I applied and was moved to the furniture team, my schedule was M-F and I was there no later than 6p. The training was fairly easy. The center stays open until midnight and even later during the holidays (2am if I remember correctly) so that's definitely something to consider. The management was okay but some supervisors weren't very eager to help when it came to escalated calls.
Pros
No dress code, very laid back environment, opportunities for experience in other departments, employee discount for all URBN brands!
Cons
scheduling, pay isn't the best, high call volume meant 30 min lunches
Good
CUSTOMER SERIVCE REP (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 6, 2018
Good place to work. It is a relaxed environment where we help customers over the phone. This is an easy job to do. The floor layout is open. I wasn't there long.
Disappointing Management and Work/Life Balance
Visual Store & Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIApril 6, 2018
This company is great to work for IF you're only looking for a part-time job and don't necessarily have an investment in it. However, for full-time salaried store and visual managers, the regional management will work you right to the bone. Unrealistic expectations of what came be completed in a day's work. Work to life balance was not good.
Pros
cool concept, great merchandise
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Productive and quick-paced with an atmosphere to build my career as a pharmacy technician.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  August ,GAMarch 25, 2018
I initially work 8-5 Monday they Friday unless overtime is required. Since I’m on the support side there is a lot of multi tasking . No one person does a one job and that’s it.
Would not recommend this job to others
Dock Clerk / Receiver / QA / Re-work and Put Away (Current Employee) –  Gap, PAMarch 23, 2018
Sometimes could be a busy day sometimes slow but I learned a lot a of new things and new positions .the company is very stress related , very poor management and decisions made. the hardest part of the job is the ability to get through the days of un organization ..the most enjoyable part are my co-workers awesome people to communicate an work with ...
Pros
Got to lean alot to be able to move forward
Cons
poor management skills
great experience
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
thankful for the opportunity

great experience

Answering switchboard calls
Computer troubleshooting
Handling workflow effectively and quickly to consistently respond to member trouble tickets in a timely manner
Answered an average of 75 calls per day, addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing new product information
Relaxed setting lateral movements
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
While it is a good place to work with excellent benefits paid time off relaxed setting, there is very little room to advance to a management position.
easy going
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
Easy going , supervisors are super helpful . Customer are great, you get to speak to people from all over the world. Hardest thing would have to be the 3-12
Encouraging Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Working is different everyday. The customers are upbeat and passionate about our clothing. My coworkers are very inspiring, and everybody is encouraging of one another. I love working with everybody
Fun co-workers but no room for advancement
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
A fun place to work but sales people stole sales from each other. Most of the part time employees did nothing but stand around and chit-chat with each other. Good discount but sale items were not included in the employee discount.
Pros
good discounts for employees
Cons
co-workers not willing to pull their weight
Decent pay, recognition not so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GADecember 7, 2017
An easy job with a cushy discount, but don't expect hard work to be noticed. You truly are just another number for this company and can be replaced with the next training class in two weeks. That being said, you can be replaced with the next training class, so don't feel like you can slack off and NOT put in the work, either.