Urology San Antonio Employee Reviews

Favoritisms/micromanaging
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2018
The place was really great when I first started but then the new dictator came in everything changed. The favoritisms was not that bad but now you see it more then ever. It seems as if there is not a team her and too many people wanting to be leaders and not enough people to lead. Unless you like the drama of an office or not mind being left out. Then I wouldn’t recommend this place.
fast pace , great work experience
front desk patient coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2018
very busy practice with several locations, some busier than the others you will learn about scheduling scans, ct, mri, injections, IV radiation therapy, best part is getting to know our patients.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
fasted pasted
Surgery Scheduler/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
data entry
customer service
provider contacts call
filling
scanning
appointment scheduling
collecting payment
medical records filling scanning
Pros
part time
Cons
part time
Focused and structured for patient care
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2018
I love working in my office. I am the front line in my team so I set the standards for the care out patients should have in my office. Compassion is best
Pros
caring for others and focused routine
Cons
sometimes long hours
unit clerk
MA Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2018
Reception and intake of new patients to the dialysis unit. took care of lab specimens prepared for shipment to process at labs. charting and files and reports to corporate office.
Not applicable
Patient Scheduling (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2018
This is not applicable. A typical day at work included... I learned a great deal of information about the company, and through training. The workplace culture was positive.
clinical leader to relax
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
i was primarily back office working with physicians, rooming patients, blood draws, vitals, heights, weights and injections. charting in the EMR and urine dips with labs for urine cultures.
Energetic and pleasant work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
I dealt directly with the patients and developed a relationship with them.
I learned how to handle many different situations, picked up things quickly and enjoyed the tasks I was faced with.
My boss was wonderful, I enjoyed going to work everyday.
The people I worked with definitely kept it interesting. We all had different personalities but got along great. The hardest part of the job was just not being able to help everyone. Working in the medical field you see many different types of people. Some with issues you can help and get under control and others with more severe cases.
The best part of my job was seeing the patients and getting to interact with them directly.
Pros
decent pay, decent hours, people I worked with
Cons
the rush hour traffic I hit driving home
Very disorganized management
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy my patient interaction and the interaction with my coworkers. I enjoy working with and learning all I can from the physicians I work with as well.The compensations and evaluations leave a lot to be desired. Evaluations are never done on time always 2-4 months past time due. The clinics are always short staffed and there is never enough coverage but they won't allow hiring either.
Pros
Very nice co workers
Cons
Always having to move from location to location
Stay away from this unprofessional and poorly managed place.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2016
This place is so ghetto. Professionalism is a joke. Many representatives delivered poor quality customer service to patients on the phone, the trainer I was assigned to, was cold and would just cut patients off, I had a hard time listening to her unfriendly phone mannerisms, this trainer would also take care of a lot of personal calls in between patient calls, intruding into my training time. Representatives called in frequently. The department manager was useless, was not ever able to answer any questions about the work claiming he was new there, he had a lazy approach in will in essence to help. The work environment was messy, unorganized and very cramped with extremely small work spaces, the room temperature was uncomfortably warm most of the time. Representatives and manager were loudly unprofessional and inconsiderate to other reps taking care of patients on the phone. There was very long hold times for patients due to being short staffed, patients complained frequently about the long hold times. Computers and phones were old and would not work at times. Overall, my experience was short lived here, I have never worked at such an awful place in my entire working history. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Associates have to park across the street, crossing the street is dangerous and parking lot is far from office.
Excellent opportunities for advancement
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Learned and mastered most of my clinical training with this company. Very loyal to their employees. Advancement and compensation bar none to any other employer I have worked for.
Pros
Annual reviews based on achievement/merit
Seen between 20 and 30 patiens a day.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2015
A place where you can grow and learn so much more. Everyday you saw or got to experience something new. This is one big company to begin with, they have approximately 22 physicians and I would say three times more then that in medical staff.
Very educational, learning something new every day, within the medical aspect and also computer wise. Awesome environment.
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Very educational, something new every day. Whether medical or in the computer aspect. Co-workers were awesome, always eager to help!
Pros
Free lunches.
Great environment to work in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Patient centered care and the physicians were knowledgeable and willing to educate their staff when helping with minor procedures.
Productive and postive place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 16, 2014
• Created and managed an intercompany design of a virtual paperless filing and retention system that increased efficiency and streamline office operations.
• Developed and maintained various excel workbooks designed for inter-company employee and Physicians expense reports and yearly dues
• Extensive experience in multiple accounting, business and, financial operations which include monthly bank statement reconciling, accounts payable and receivables, general leader, fixed assets, and office management
• Completed a Bachelors of Science four year degree with emphasis on Business Management, Communication, and Company Leadership
very productive, many people to meet and work with.
medical insurance/billing collections (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2014
We worked with many patients of all ages. Assisted them with any questions they may have and foward them to assistance they might have needed. It was very challenging working with patients that had cancer, but it was worth it at the end of the day due to we know we were making a difference.
Management was very open to teaching new job discriptions to learn all aspects of the buisness.
Coworkers, like any other very fun some days were not as fun but interesting.
The hardest part was when you are working with specific patients on a daily and then you find out they expire.
We had potlocks, celebrated employees birthdays, very spirited bunch.
Pros
verly large group of doctors.
Cons
no breaks.
Could be worse
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2014
Very demanding job that requires extended work hours and full work load. The company overall is known for their great work in patient care, but the overall feel and running of company lacks in employee benefits and incentives for the responsibility it gives employees. Hardest part of the job is maintaining work flow when there is minimal clinic coverage.

Typical schedule is 8-5 m-f
Pros
overtime
Cons
unwanted overtime, no support from coworkers
Laboratory review
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2013
Typically I come in right before the other shift leaves, taking over their duties and then working the night shift by myself. Usual number of samples processed runs between 20-70 samples a night, averaging about 40. My coworkers in the lab are very nice, but we are rather isolated from the rest of the group. The medical assistants who basically run the rest of the clinic have their own culture which I don't know much about. The hardest part of the job is not really getting paid for the amount of work I actually do. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to patient health care via laboratory testing, which is an integral part of patient prognosis and treatment. I also enjoy working alone and being rather isolated from the rest of the clinic.
Pros
working alone, relatively easy-going, not having to deal with the drama in the rest of the clinic
Cons
working alone, gossip in the other part of the lab, pay not too competitive
Very large practice with multiple locations.
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2013
A large practice with many doctors and locations. I found it difficult to travel to more than one office in a day.
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Traveling from one office in the morning to another office in the afternoon
A fun place to work!
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2012
Loved the job here! I learned so much about Urology.This is were I started my interest in Research. This is the reason I became a Medical Assistant. I would transfer data from source documents to case report forms, help with study required tests and procedures
Pros
free lunches