USAA

United States3,927 reviews

Found 3,927 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,962 reviews
militarymembercenterclaimbenefitbonusgymadjuster

Great benefits

Training was fun. Paid for my license but I didn’t get a lot of support when I had to take calls. April talks down to you and likes to make you feel little.

Good job hard to advance

Good job, great people, very hard to advance in my opinion if you get on the bad side of top tier management hard to get pto during a lot of the year

Pros

Work from home, good health benefits, good development from managers, people that care about you

Cons

Stressful, high call volume

USAA insights

Based on 1,774 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Benefits are fabulous and workplace culture is hire to retire

Workplace celebrates and encourages diversity and inclusion. Benefits are fabulous. Mission, values and membership are front & center. May not be cheapest but tries to make up for it in customer experience and discounts.

Lack strategy, toxic, cultish

Not a healthy place to get things done or grow your career. Extremely toxic and political. There is no clear business strategy, the so-called culture can only take the company so far and fool people so long.

They will work you to death

Stressful place to work where you can never do enough. If you do, you're given more. Work/life balance phrase hasn't been said for 10 years. It was once a good place. But now it's like a corporate job where they don't care at all about you or what you care about their bad decisions. They recently decided to take away retirement benefits that have been in place since the inception.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

You are a number no longer a person

No way to grow

Great company. Management made it difficult to grow. There is no time to get to know you team and you don’t feel as part of a team.Pay is also not comparable to other insurance companies.

Strong Sense of Mission/Purpose

Core value alignment with military branches and membership. Great people and leaders. Great work life balance with leaders who understand life can happen. Excellent place to advance your career if you are willing to put in the work.

It's good if you can vibe with the culture

The people are awesome the benefits are some of the best in the biz. The company strives for innovation and really does support developing talent. It IS a company that serves the military however, and can sometimes feel stiff.

Great company with amazing benefits

The people at USAA are amazing for the most part. They have great leaders and trainers to help you succeed. The biggest downfall is that it is difficult to breakout into a new department due to the high volume of applicants.

Great training, varied work shifts, excellent compensation.

My years at USAA were filled with rewarding challenges. The educational aspect was superior. I was trained in all personal lines insurance and was fortunate to work in after hours division and obtained multi state experience.

Pros

Excellent in house self study resources.

Cons

It was a really long walk to lunch and not enough time to leave.

Th re emplane great but work like balance and you never know when you will be laid off

I left not my type of environment and you are always getting written up from. people that have no idea what they are doing and have less experience. So it was very disappointing that you felt like you would be let go for anything

Be prepared for slave labor

Do you like being micromanaged? Do you want to be hospitalized because of the amount of stress USAA puts on you?Lied to?Healthy points how ? If you don't work overtime you will be punished and written up can't work on your claims while talking to claimants calling in?No wonder adjusters are quitting left and right and USAA does a great job encouraging you to further your education but when can you make the time if your busy working 7 days a week because you won't be able to catch up on your claims. They will micromanage you u til you are forced to quit. Do yourself a favor find a company that truly stands behind there mission they claim to be, but why do so many people quit daily too much stress no work-life balance especially if you have a family be ready to dedicate your life to USAA

benefits

Cons

micromanaged no work life balance

Friendly atmosphere

Even though I am contracted through USAA I feel like a part of the team. I enjoy working here and hoped to do so. I currently have two amazing bosses that are always there to help.

Great benefits

I love the benefits and the culture of the company. The workload and unrealistic expectations are a bit much sometimes, but leadership tries to support you the best they can.

Benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

decent company high turnover rate

The type of role I had was very monotonous. It wasn't challenging, and I was bored for my entire shift. Also, working from home wasn't for me. I had very little interaction with my team, and there was no team building. I felt like I was on time-out for 8 hours a day. I wasn't allowed to leave my desk without fear of my stats dipping.

Usaa

Great company, great supervisors and pretty good benefits. The down size is that flexibility is not that great, there are times when you can leave is is slow but other than that you are micromanaged like crazy

Calls can be overwhelming at times but overall not a bad place to work. Good benefits and PTO. Approachable management that actually listens to what the employees have to say.

Wonderful company

Would highly recommend working for Usaa just based off of the fact of their values and even the workload isn’t too stressful or demanding And we’re all a big family at Usaa they don’t just treat you like a worker

An awesome place to work with great pay and benefits

I love working for USAA its an awesome experience great benefits and stellar management it is a little high paced often with back to back to back calls and frequent changes to policy and procedure often with very little to zero notice

Pros

sense of belonging and feeling like you are making a difference

Cons

high passed environment in the call center

Typical Call Center for Frontline Employees

At first glace, USAA looks like a great place to work. A lot of the employees here are very passionate about what they do. However, it really is just a call center job. You take calls for 8 hours a day, and only get breaks from taking calls (other than your three daily scheduled breaks) 2x a week. Each break from taking calls only lasts an average of 45 minutes, if that. It is extremely easy to get burnt out from only speaking to random people on the phone all day long, most of which are angry and scream or curse at you. You are held to a standard by your metrics, which, granted, are much better and easier than other call centers. But your only job is to be the dog that gets kicked down when members need something. USAA tries to tell you that's not the case, but it is.If you are passionate about the military and don't mind working at a call center, this may be the job for you. USAA does pay for months of training and for you to get your insurance license, which was great. But overall, not the job for me.

Great company but low pay

Great company but the pay is below average. The medical insurance in not good. However, the managers are great and the work semi-rewarding. I would recommend.

Common questions about USAA

Answered by current and former employees at USAA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at USAA.
Powered byComparably