USAA Employee Reviews

Found 2,389 reviews matching the search See all 2,409 reviews
Great benefits
Auto Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2019
Fantastic benefits when I worked there, the management was terrible. Super high turnover. I was in a class of 20, when I left after a year I was one of 2 left.
USAA Great place to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2019
Extensive training course that does a great job of preparing you for the job. Call center environment but excellent working environment built on the concept of growing your career. Managers work hard to help you improve on performance in a positive and constructive manner.
Fast paste working Environment
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 19, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting clients needs. what I've learned about the job is addressing all clients by there service rank, active duty, and retirees.
Productive, accountable, dedicated
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
It's as professional as it comes. High stress but they give you all the necessary tools to accomplish your task. Every individual has to be motivated or you will not succeed.
Wonderful company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed the challenges that each day brought. My coworkers are exceptional people and I miss them very much. USAA brought such joy to my life with it's community focused culture.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2019
Hardest part of the job was the never-ending calls with little down time between calls. Very competitive work environment that doesn't leave much room for error.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nice place to work, not perfect, but better than most
Underwriter (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2019
USAA is a good place to work. I mostly liked it because the facility was nice and it was close to home. Their is typical culture issues found in most employers. Its competitive type atmosphere which brings out the worst in people. But its a company and they need to compete.
Pros
Dining in facility
Cons
Culture or rumors etc
Employee focused
USAA -Non-injury Auto Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2019
My position as an auto claims adjuster could be stress but the company, always provided ways to help make it through those times. I really enjoyed my job as I became more proficient. It was a great company you felt proud to say you worked for.
Good place to work if you like call centers
Financial Foundations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2019
USAA is a really good company to work for if you like being on phone calls all day long. This was my first experience in a call center and was not my cup of tea.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
extremely monitors efficiency
N/a
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
I don't have anything positive to say so I won't say anything. My last manager was extremely poor and was a micromanager. I had this job too long ago to remember everything
OK to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2019
promotions only come around once in a while. The pay is mediocre. Management is micro-managed from upper managed. Really depends on the team, line of business and your manager. the gym was nice.
USAA is not the Emerald City they claim to be.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
I have been here nearly 5 years and my director doesnt know who I am. USAA leverages the military persona to push the bottom dollar. They are not special, and the constant federal fines for compliance violations proves that.
Pros
Beautiful workplace
Cons
Pay, Expectations, Work/Life Balance, Inconsistency
Great Company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 14, 2019
USAA was my first experience in the Insurance World. USAA catered to their employees and made a the atmosphere a fun place to work in. USAA supported their employees and had a great work/life balance.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Limited opportunities if you are no military
Auto Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2019
USAA is a fast paced, forever changing, and a call center environment. Work culture is good and they take care of their employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the veterans.
Great Benefits
Member Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78222March 12, 2019
Great Pay, Great People, Great Environment. Work/Life Balance was a little hard to manage in the aspect of how in demand workers in my specific department were.
excellent company
Associate Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
USAA is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. If I could ever get back in I would without a second thought. USAA cares as much about their employees as they do their clientele
Excellent place to work
CONTRACTS ADVISOR (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2019
- I have got a great manager and have an excellent rapport with the the person who has been training me.
- The work environment is great, with very nice and friendly people.
- I enjoy the work that I am doing.
- As a contractor, I enjoy having my contact from my agency employer here onsite.
- I have other potential opportunities for work here once my contract ends.
- Lots of choices of food on campus.
Great company
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2019
Great opportunity to be able to work for USAA! It's been a great experience. Looking to see what other opportunities are out there with my financial experience and education.
Tough to get in
Sr. Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2019
San Antonio was my oyster because I worked there. Very secure facility. Strong company culture. Liked how it is massive but not technically corporate.
do not work here
MORTGAGE PROCESSOR III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2019
The mission was never followed. Managers never helped out, always referred to senior processor to help They would give us attitude for asking for help
benefits
Cons
every thing about the company and hire up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss