USAA Employee Reviews

Found 1,012 reviews matching the search
Productive but not creative
Creative Design Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Very corporate and sometimes a little dull. The people were nice but it just wasn't a good fit for me. I feel as though my strengths weren't utilized and I wasn't put on many projects.
Pros
good food and pay
A very professional company to work for.
Contract First Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
One of the key tenets of the company is to serve those who currently serve and who have previously served this country from all branches of the military.

The company offers an extremely high service level to its members that is unparalleled and centered toward doing the right thing for its members.

I can attest to this as both a member and a former contract employee.
Na
Auto Adjuster III-Non Injury (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Very stressful, unrealistic goals. Added stress by very completive environment for promotions. ........................................................
Very fast paced and demanding
Non Injury Auto Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2017
Great company with amazing benefits. The company obviously cares about it's employees and it's members. The job is not too hard if you didn't have constant inbound phone calls.
Pros
Company and culture are great.
Cons
Membership is self entitled
Great place to start
Senior Wealth Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Fantastic place to start your career, especially if you take advantage of the education benefits. The most successful people I knew at USAA maxed their education benefits, collected as many credentials as possible and leveraged those assets outside of USAA.

Middle management is entrenched and many are promoted solely based on what they have done in a call center. If you are smart and competent, leadership at USAA is not for you.
the job was too fixed
Website Customer Support (WCS) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2017
the overall experience was amazing but I wished they paid more for the type of work we were doing. our department were the lowest paid area and for the kind of situations we had to face were not worth the money. Their bonus system is unacceptable.
Interesting place to work but limitations
NMS Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2017
If you are an enlisted military veteran then you may want to look elsewhere for a company to work for. They cater to the military but only former officers can start out at a junior level employee. If you are a former enlisted veteran with 4 master degrees you will still have to start at entry level. Then they promote education but do not advance careers based on that education or job skills. It is not what you know but who you know. Its all about branding at USAA. Basically you have to constantly kiss up to the higher managers to be seen and then only the cheerleaders get advancement. It is frustrating. You are way underpaid and the benefits are average. I have done employee benefits for over 20 years and can tell you the benefits are average at best. The 401k is the best part of USAA as they do match up to 8%. That is better than most companies but the health and dental benefits are less than what I have had at other companies.
Pros
Company gyms, food courts, break rooms
Cons
Dont respect education or job skills
Good Place
Auto Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Good place, great company, takes care of the veterans, just really cliquey. Management is good. Health Insurance is a bit pricey for the employees. Good training.
Great culture if you fit in
IT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to start off your career. They really embrace learning and training. I would recommend this to any college grad looking to get started in IT.
Fun and productive place to work.
Insurance representative Pipeline Class (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2017
They help out each other to the fullest. Hard working people but they know how to balance the work life with your personal life. Great benefits for the family along with the employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Great environment, great people to work with - they really do care about their members. There is a great work-life balance, and the campus has great facilities.
Pros
Discounted healthy lunches
Busy Call Center Environment, Great Benefits
Licensed Auto Claims Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
USAA has amazing benefits and perks. Once you're there for awhile, you realize why they have all the perks. If you don't mind being at your desk, on the phone all day, then this will be a great place for you. If you want to have work relationships with your co-workers or take your time reviewing claims, this is not the place for you. If you can get into a higher position, things are better. Otherwise, it feels like you're just another worker bee and can easily be replaced. You will be taking calls all day from not only insureds, but also claimants, other insurance providers, repair shops, enterprise rental, lawyers, etc. The huge call center environment is very different from other insurance companies.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses, covered parking, Starbucks, Cafeteria on site, overtime, on site gym, relaxation rooms
Cons
restricted to desk, lack of socialization, on phones constantly, unrealistic target goals, trivial
Busy
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day would include fielding inbound calls from members to review, update and write new auto and property policies. One cannot help but learn almost everything about insurance.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Required to oversell.
too many cooks in the kitchen
Real Estate Processor II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
Not a bad place to work but no job growth opportunity. The real estate lending department is way behind other lenders. Systems constantly break and understaffed.
Pros
location
Cons
No job growth. USAA does most of their promoting from outside the company.
I enjoyed working at USAA and miss the management and employees
Personal Lines Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Working at USAA was a great experience. Both the company and its employees were second to none. I hope to work there again in the future.
I had a great amount of training, both in skills and work ethic.
Pros
Great amount of support
Cons
Not able to stay in Texas
Third party
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 13, 2017
My third party location had very friendly and helpful coaches but the overtime and shifts were a hassle. They are also very strict on 15 min and lunch breaks.
Pros
coaches
Cons
shifts
Great company
Insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Job is great. People are great. I worked there for 2 years. I left due to personal reasons but would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to work there.
Pros
great benefits. Great people. Great atmosphere.
Cons
No commissions for sales. Pay starts low but promoting quickly.
Challenging and fulfilling
Auto Claims Adjuster III (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 12, 2017
A feeling of accomplishment when you help someone put their life back together. Work day goes quickly with inbound and outbound calls and claim worklist to complete daily
Is an amazing place to work
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2017
This is a great company to work, I never work for another company where employees are truly value, the culture is great and do their best to balance work and family, management works with you to develop your skills.
Pros
Cons
don't really have cons
good company
Fraud Prevention and Detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I learned a great deal about fraud and how to try and protect my identity with social media. It's best when a person does not put all their info online

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2