USAA
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

USAA Employee Reviews

Found 3,407 reviews matching the search
Usaa is in the process of changing things for the better but it is not better yet. Not many people are on the same page. Sometimes hard to get your daily work done.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of employees don't do what they need/should
USAA has great benefits, pay, and most of the people are wonderful. CEO and other major leadership turnover has been countless and there have been major layoffs (ongoing). This really can be an amazing job w/room for advancement with the right leadership. If you're unfortunate enough to get a supervisor lacking in leadership skills, it can really be a toxic work environment. (Which I imagine can be true of any workplace). I made great friendships & appreciate what I learned here but would not go back anytime soon. My manager was smart, addicted to her position, & being promoted, but really terrible to her team. We were all very unhappy with her alone, not USAA. Again, it's all about immediate leadership at USAA. If you get a good manager that will support you, you can be very happy with USAA (if you make it through the layoffs).
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Tuition Assistance, People
Cons
Constant turnover, layoffs, management
I love my job . The pto is the best. You get like 45 days total. You can buy pto at the beginning of the year and if you don’t use it you can sell it back.
Great company to work for. Had great benefits. Company has many perks and opportunities for growth. Managers encouraged growth as well and would tell you about opportunities. They are good at training you and reviewing procedures to keep you at your best. Gave beautiful holiday parties, gave holiday bonuses, as well as a annual bonus if the company as a whole met all goals.
Pros
On site cafeterias, gyms, clinic
Cons
Short lunch break (35 minutes)
I’ve been working with USAA only for a couple of months and love USAA but the pay is not very competitive. Being on the top of the Forbes list, I would expect a better pay. Benefits are good and they respect each employee.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Job Security
Cons
Pay
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really love my job overall, as I am still employed by USAA. Although there are days where work/life balance has become increasingly unavailable, when it is available there is a huge benefit to have a life outside of work.
Pros
Great benefits, 401Ks and medical/dental/vision/life insurance coverages
Cons
Busy most of the time, no real work/life balance at this time
Overall, it’s a great company to work for. Pay is good, benefits are good, currently work from home... but everything is very corporate. It’s very structured and the position felt very sales like, which I wasn’t expecting. They push you to meet numbers and make sure you know you won’t qualify for bonuses if you don’t produce.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Can be high stress
Direct management has been great to work with, the issue is that our company appears to be going downhill and all of the employees believe the upper management team is not being very transparent about what is happening with our company. We have all been scared for the future of our jobs.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Pay
Cons
Overwork
Hardest part of the job: Back to Back calls, Members who dont follow directions making your job that much difficult. You get plenty of PTO but good luck trying to get it approved, bid for holidays which you never get. Procedural changes happen but poor communication and sometimes occur with a "We'll figure it out as we go along" lead. Culture is just like anywhere else, no different. This could be dependent on position in the company Its a challenging position, if you like dealing with people this may be for you.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, PTO Hours
Cons
Hard to get PTO, Communication
The work culture was fun and motivated. The management team was very helpful in helping me reach my goals. They also provide educational assistance
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Heavy workload
Usaa helped advance my education and career but the further I grew with the company the stress and management culture became overwhelming. They promote work life balance but fail to exercise it.
Usaa has been the best company I have ever worked for. They truly care about their employees and their well-being. They also care about their members. I feel highly supported and motivated within my department and have a deep level of respect for my management. I plan on staying 20 years with USAA! Very competitive to get into but very worth it !
Very client oriented company, doesn't have the call center feel more like a personal representative to the member. Metric doesn't have a big impact on performance. Survey were split so you are rated based on your performance separately from the company.
Pros
Take time to help client so no rush to get off phone
Cons
This is a company that is great for getting your feet in the door of the corporate financial/insurance world. Work it for a few years and use it as a credential to go elsewhere. The pay is steady, but not great.
USAA is an excellent employer. I was provided with great training and constantly learn in my position. I've been in banking in a previous career and now in insurance claims. Customer service is emphasized and empathy is key. We deal with tragedy and catastrophes daily, and it feels good to help members in need. The workplace culture is awesome even while working from home. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes but forces you to learn quickly.
Pros
$10, 000 Tuition Assistance, Benefits, Paid Time Off, Yearly Bonus
Cons
It can be a good workplace. I wanted to get out of the adjuster roll and more on the back end heading towards an actuary job. I was told that it is hard to get out of non injury auto because they are so desperate for people. A manager told me that I should quit wait the amount of time you have to be away and then try for the position I want. The odds of going from non injury to anything other than a lateral move are slim to none, unless you have the connections.
Pros
Health benefits- they are a lot better than what other companies are offering, Bonuses, lots of work from home, Pay for school - any degree
Cons
Having to work overtime to stay on top of work load, never getting a break between calls to “breathe”
I loved it. The work was fulfilling, the pay was decent and any issues that came up were felt with tentatively. It was hard at times due to customers. But there was nothing about the company that I could complain about
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Customers were evil
At USAA there is not a lot of growth, you might feel stuck in a position for 1+ year. Benefits are great with education assistant, 401k matching, and a great work life balance.
Great pay and benefits but the workload is stressful great company overall. You have to start off with a late shift and no consecutive days off they have shift bids which you may or may not get your requested schedule.
Managers at USAA think they are leaders and that is not true. As a veteran, I know leadership. You can find a good manager here or there, but they are still managers: they cascade tasks. Most managers are promoted worker bees who don’t know how to develop people. Leaders, people who provide vision and encouragement, who are uplifting and mentor future leaders, are rare.
Pros
Life balance is ok depending on manager.
Cons
All the reasons I joined, the superior benefits and perks, are gone.
At USAA you are expected to work very fast and take on a lot of work. At times it feels as though you don’t have much time to breathe in between calls. You must be very good at multitasking and handling a high case load. It can be very difficult to make outbound calls when there are always new calls waiting in the queue that you must take. Once you get the hang of the process, it becomes more bearable. You are judged based on metrics, call quality, and customer feedback surveys. If you are good at your job, you will be given more work.
Pros
Decent pay, great benefits, job security
Cons
Stressful, fast paced, metric driven
  1. Employee Reviews