USAble Life

USAble Life Employee Reviews

USAble Life insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Good benefits. Growth and opportunities within the company is encouraged. The best interest and well-being of employees is a top priority for leadership within the company.

Horrible work environment

Poorly run department. Bad management and severely understaffed which caused employees to be over worked . They did things like cancel 15 min breaks and threaten mandatory overtime. You could never take off because only one person was allowed off at a time and the same ppl seemed to get all the days. I’ve never worked in such a unprofessional and unorganized environment and that includes fast food in high school. High turnover

Cons

No breaks at times

This company takes care of its employees

huge focus on the employees being their whole selves. Major focus on work life balance. Free training and accreditation. Amazing benefits. Diverse culture

Pros

They care about every employee

Stay away from Customer Care

If you want to be apart of the company, but feel like the gum on the bottom of someone’s shoe- customer care may be right for you. The department is not respected by any other department. They will tell you that you’re the face of the company, but refuse to train you properly. There were different expectations for different employees. The work load was unrealistic and there was no flexibility when it comes to mistakes. If there was a mistake, the goal was not to educate you but to reprimand you. If you’re looking for a job, that you don’t wake up every morning- hating-I would encourage you to be patient and continue looking. Imagine a work day of constantly receiving calls that you don’t know how to assist with (due to lack of training), two fifteen minutes breaks that you have to raid from your coworkers, and a 30 minute lunch that you’ll never want to return from. Save yourself the stress.

Stay away from the Customer Service Department

I’ve never worked for a company with such poor management. If you value yourself don’t work in the customer care dept or claims dept. The manager and the supervisor are TERRIBLE in customer care. They act as if they care but they don’t. Lunches are 30mins but they will sell you a dream that once they are full staffed lunches will be a hour, which won’t ever be possible because they dept has a very high turn over rate! The have a very strict occurrence policy and they aren’t flexible when it comes to working with you when requesting time off. They simply only care about the call center’s ASA! There is no Confidentiality with leadership and employees. They will tell your personal business that should not be shared in meetings. The work load is very heavy and hectic! There is a lot of information you are required to retain in such a short time. If you don’t learn it they will fire you. The company as a whole lacks structure and accountability. When I first took the job I was excited about it simply because of the money but after working there I quickly learned money isn’t everything ! I rather dig a ditch before I go back to work for USAble Life!! Everyday i went to work i was depressed and hated waking up in the morning ! Don’t work here!

Pros

Money

Cons

Work life balance

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Just a job

No much of an inspiring career choice. The employees are really nice and helpful to one another. However, there is a lot of miscommunication which can cause some procedures to be confusing. You HAVE to be on top of everything or else you will be fired. There is a medium turnover rate. All day you are sitting in a call center taking calls. Don't recommend this job if you prefer a more uplifting environment.

Benefits

The benefits are really good. The work life balance is not good. Accountability lacks consistency. There are multiple systems to work out of that don't talk to each other.

Excellent sense of trust and flexibility

This company allows for flexibility and growth. The people within the company want to drive change and provide a better product. Mistakes are viewed as learning opportunities.

A solid company

My career at USAble can best be described as stable. I actually left for a larger shop closer to home but it only took me 3 months to see the light and come back. Pay is competitive for the area, 401k match is nice, bonuses, yearly salary increases. At least in my department we are always challenged to progress and be better at our jobs. Managers care about their people. Would recommend. Only reason for docking a star is the culture is kind of stuffy for my tastes. Not terribly so, but if you consistently show up in t-shirts and tennis shoes you will probably get talked to.

Productive/self-fullfiling opportunities

Receiving/reviewing new and ongoing disability claims; processing/releasing weekly disability payments to claimants; followup calls to dr's ofc for status; coodination of benefits with external customers.

Jobs at USAble Life

See more jobs

Great management & coworkers

As a benefit consultant, it's rewarding to be able to help clients and their employees make informed decisions regarding their employee benefits. USAble seems to care about their employees so my experience this far has been very positive.

Amazing Culture

Of all the companies I have worked for, USAble Life was by far the best culture and work life balance. From the building location, the décor, the smiling co-workers, the amazing managers, the CEO who spoke and remembered my name, it was the best company I have worked for thus far.

Pros

Being treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

Having to park so far from the building if you weren't there early.

Do not work for the call center they are understaffed and it is very stressful.

My experience was horrible. The call center is the worst department to work for. They only hire 12 people to handle a heavy workload so they are always understaffed. They are not flexible at all when it comes to work hours, taking off, or being late. The managers are not team players and they are bad about denying unemployment benefits. In the call center you are expected to multitask and juggle calls, emails, and questions non stop. It definitely gets overwhelming and they should pay a lot more for what you have to put up with.

Its a good place to work..

It just depends on your manager or the department. It's a good place though. They provide decent benefits and they do encourage furthering your career, and provide career development.

Good company - bad lower management

The company as a whole cares about employees- lower management not as much. No formal training program, processes are very manual and not well defined. few dual controls.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, cafe on site

Cons

High health insurance costs/deductibles, small pay increases, open positions take months to fill, heavy work load

They are focused on a good company culture. They have a yearly fun day, offer employee gifts and the work is meaningful. Most everyone is great to work with.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Pay could be better and offer better health insurance

Comfortable Job

I use to work for USAble Life for 13 years prior to my resignation, and the only reason I resign was due to a better offer at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The schedule at USAble Life was Monday through Friday fifty hours a week but Arkansas Children's Hospital offered me a position working 32 hours a week and only having to work two day.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

Open enrollment time could be little stressful

It use to be a great job

The company changed when management changed. Upper management became cut-throat and you didn't know if your position was secure or not. The job became more stressful.

Pros

I liked my position. Benefits and pay were good

Cons

No advancement, poor management

Great job and place for advancement

If I could have worked from home 5 days a week I may not have ever left. They promoted based on your performances which was very good. Management changed making improvements in the processes.

Loved it.

Associates and management was great. Would of made this a dream come true job but at the time I could not work within the same sister company as my brother did. Would go back in a heart beat.

Pros

Great job

Cons

Policies

Poor working environment

Poor and stressful working environment and the turnover rate is very high. Seems that the director of that department was only interested in women that were young and thin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAble Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare USAble Life with

• USAble Life
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?