USAble Life

USAble Life Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
Benefits
The benefits are really good. The work life balance is not good. Accountability lacks consistency. There are multiple systems to work out of that don't talk to each other.
Excellent sense of trust and flexibility
This company allows for flexibility and growth. The people within the company want to drive change and provide a better product. Mistakes are viewed as learning opportunities.
A solid company
My career at USAble can best be described as stable. I actually left for a larger shop closer to home but it only took me 3 months to see the light and come back. Pay is competitive for the area, 401k match is nice, bonuses, yearly salary increases. At least in my department we are always challenged to progress and be better at our jobs. Managers care about their people. Would recommend. Only reason for docking a star is the culture is kind of stuffy for my tastes. Not terribly so, but if you consistently show up in t-shirts and tennis shoes you will probably get talked to.
Productive/self-fullfiling opportunities
Receiving/reviewing new and ongoing disability claims; processing/releasing weekly disability payments to claimants; followup calls to dr's ofc for status; coodination of benefits with external customers.
Great management & coworkers
As a benefit consultant, it's rewarding to be able to help clients and their employees make informed decisions regarding their employee benefits. USAble seems to care about their employees so my experience this far has been very positive.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Amazing Culture
Of all the companies I have worked for, USAble Life was by far the best culture and work life balance. From the building location, the décor, the smiling co-workers, the amazing managers, the CEO who spoke and remembered my name, it was the best company I have worked for thus far.
Pros
Being treated fairly and with respect.
Cons
Having to park so far from the building if you weren't there early.
Do not work for the call center they are understaffed and it is very stressful.
My experience was horrible. The call center is the worst department to work for. They only hire 12 people to handle a heavy workload so they are always understaffed. They are not flexible at all when it comes to work hours, taking off, or being late. The managers are not team players and they are bad about denying unemployment benefits. In the call center you are expected to multitask and juggle calls, emails, and questions non stop. It definitely gets overwhelming and they should pay a lot more for what you have to put up with.
Its a good place to work..
It just depends on your manager or the department. It's a good place though. They provide decent benefits and they do encourage furthering your career, and provide career development.
Good company - bad lower management
The company as a whole cares about employees- lower management not as much. No formal training program, processes are very manual and not well defined. few dual controls.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, cafe on site
Cons
High health insurance costs/deductibles, small pay increases, open positions take months to fill, heavy work load
They are focused on a good company culture. They have a yearly fun day, offer employee gifts and the work is meaningful. Most everyone is great to work with.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Pay could be better and offer better health insurance
Comfortable Job
I use to work for USAble Life for 13 years prior to my resignation, and the only reason I resign was due to a better offer at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The schedule at USAble Life was Monday through Friday fifty hours a week but Arkansas Children's Hospital offered me a position working 32 hours a week and only having to work two day.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Open enrollment time could be little stressful
It use to be a great job
The company changed when management changed. Upper management became cut-throat and you didn't know if your position was secure or not. The job became more stressful.
Pros
I liked my position. Benefits and pay were good
Cons
No advancement, poor management
Great job and place for advancement
If I could have worked from home 5 days a week I may not have ever left. They promoted based on your performances which was very good. Management changed making improvements in the processes.
Loved it.
Associates and management was great. Would of made this a dream come true job but at the time I could not work within the same sister company as my brother did. Would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Policies
Poor working environment
Poor and stressful working environment and the turnover rate is very high. Seems that the director of that department was only interested in women that were young and thin.
Amazing place to be!
USAble Life cares and helps all employees to grow and help them to have a balanced work/home life.

We work hard to give customers the best experience and help them on their worse day.
Great company
Competitive pay, can be stressful during busy season. Not a lot of room for advancement. Smaller company with a great culture. Not up to date with technology
Flexible and supportive. Really enjoyed my time there.
I was a contract employee while they were looking to hire an on-site recruiter. They were great to work with and let me tele-commuite for most of my time with USAble.
Broad array of insurance needs
A typical day as an Enrollment Coordinator was gathering and preparing data for upcoming open enrollments. Excel formulas are a part of your day to day formatting of payroll files. There were several management changes that caused some confusion within the department which led to the demise of several employees. The hardest part of the job was gathering all the needed information and then making sure your case was working properly prior to the enrollment beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job was your working relationship with fellow employees.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Software incapablilities
It is a good place to work
I worked in customer service, so a typical day involves signing in at 8 and answering phones and emails all day answering and assisting customers with their policies and claims. Along with documenting all the calls.
No direction or security
The place is a ship without a rudder. They additionally eliminate positions at the drop of a hat. Pay and benefits are good, but that’s it. Absolutely no job security and your role will change at least once per year.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Poor leadership, uncooperative associates, chaotic business environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAble Life. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight