USAble Life Employee Reviews

Good company - bad lower management
Premium Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2019
The company as a whole cares about employees- lower management not as much. No formal training program, processes are very manual and not well defined. few dual controls.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, cafe on site
Cons
High health insurance costs/deductibles, small pay increases, open positions take months to fill, heavy work load
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
They are focused on a good company culture. They have a yearly fun day, offer employee gifts and the work is meaningful. Most everyone is great to work with.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Pay could be better and offer better health insurance
Comfortable Job
Senior Group Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72223November 17, 2018
I use to work for USAble Life for 13 years prior to my resignation, and the only reason I resign was due to a better offer at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The schedule at USAble Life was Monday through Friday fifty hours a week but Arkansas Children's Hospital offered me a position working 32 hours a week and only having to work two day.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Open enrollment time could be little stressful
It use to be a great job
Central Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2018
The company changed when management changed. Upper management became cut-throat and you didn't know if your position was secure or not. The job became more stressful.
Pros
I liked my position. Benefits and pay were good
Cons
No advancement, poor management
Great job and place for advancement
Group Issue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 16, 2018
If I could have worked from home 5 days a week I may not have ever left. They promoted based on your performances which was very good. Management changed making improvements in the processes.
Loved it.
Individual Issue Speacialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2018
Associates and management was great. Would of made this a dream come true job but at the time I could not work within the same sister company as my brother did. Would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Policies
Poor working environment
Intake Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2018
Poor and stressful working environment and the turnover rate is very high. Seems that the director of that department was only interested in women that were young and thin.
Amazing place to be!
Manager Policy Services (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
USAble Life cares and helps all employees to grow and help them to have a balanced work/home life.

We work hard to give customers the best experience and help them on their worse day.
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
Competitive pay, can be stressful during busy season. Not a lot of room for advancement. Smaller company with a great culture. Not up to date with technology
Flexible and supportive. Really enjoyed my time there.
Contract Recruiter - Human Resources Division (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2018
I was a contract employee while they were looking to hire an on-site recruiter. They were great to work with and let me tele-commuite for most of my time with USAble.
Broad array of insurance needs
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
A typical day as an Enrollment Coordinator was gathering and preparing data for upcoming open enrollments. Excel formulas are a part of your day to day formatting of payroll files. There were several management changes that caused some confusion within the department which led to the demise of several employees. The hardest part of the job was gathering all the needed information and then making sure your case was working properly prior to the enrollment beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job was your working relationship with fellow employees.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Software incapablilities
It is a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2018
I worked in customer service, so a typical day involves signing in at 8 and answering phones and emails all day answering and assisting customers with their policies and claims. Along with documenting all the calls.
No direction or security
Worker (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 8, 2018
The place is a ship without a rudder. They additionally eliminate positions at the drop of a hat. Pay and benefits are good, but that’s it. Absolutely no job security and your role will change at least once per year.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Poor leadership, uncooperative associates, chaotic business environment.
Its a Job
Claims Coordinator II, Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2017
Not a stable work environment, has a high turn over rate. Poorly managed.Mandantory overtime is expected. The training is not thorough, hav e to learn on your on. Department is not team oriented.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
mandantory OT, favortisim, poorly managed, very stressful job with unrealistic turn-around time for claim processing
Poor Managment
Claims Coordinator II, Claims Department (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2017
Heavy work load, mandatory overtime. Management not fair to all employees only close friends. Training is not done poperly. Although this is a job it is stressful work environment.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Scheduling, Accurate Traning
Fast Paced
Membership and Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2017
USAble is a face paced environment. There is opportunity to learn new tasks but not many opportunities to advance careers. The company does think of the employees first in regards to benefits.
Group Issue Specialist
GROUP ISSUE SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2017
This company does compensate employees very well. There is absolutely no room for advancement. Company is constantly changing, but there isn't any consistency. Very stressful chaotic due to no organization.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling/ Work from Home/ Great benefits
Cons
Poor Management/ Poor Training/ Men Promote Before Women
Depends on your department
Operations (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2017
Your experience will undoubtedly vary based on your role, location, department and direct management. There are some exceptional people but organizational restructuring has driven uncertainty across the organization.
Great team and great company
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PASeptember 18, 2017
I highly recommend USAble Life. Although I worked remotely from PA, I always felt I was a part of the team. Colleagues are responsive and wonderful to work with.
Enrollment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy working here, the work-life balance and culture. My only complaint is that there seems to be a constant restructure going on. They are all strategic and logical, but it is a little unsettling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAble Life. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight