USD 383 School District Employee Reviews

3.7Job Security & Advancement
Fun place to work
ESOL Aide (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 4, 2019
I help students who are new to the country. I help them in reading, writing, pronunciation and school work. My supervisor is great. She gives great feedback. We have fun food days about 1-2 times a month. The hardest part of the job is discipline with kids but that is typical for working in a school. The most enjoyable part is seeing the kids' excitement as they see their English improve.
Pros
Helping kids, lots of food days, friendly co-workers
Cons
kind of low pay
People are easy to work with
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 13, 2019
Loved the people I worked with and can’t wait to work with more of them, speacially teachers and the kids that go to the schools, also can’t wait to work full time.
Work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2019
Driving a school bus is one of the most rewarding job. You are responsible for the safety of the child so you are always on your toes. The only bad thing is it is seasonal.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Not year round work
Best place to work friendly people
Busdriver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 18, 2018
Best people to work with friendly and always willing to help very easy to make lifelong friends here
Management is very hands on and likes to know your opinion on how things are runnning
Pros
Down time between shifts
Cons
Small break room that has little seating
Large vehicles and school aged children
School Bus Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 24, 2017
Enjoy driving large vehicles, children, split second decisions. This is a day as a school bus driver. Learning a new name, picking up a new child, children getting on the bus for the first time are the greatest smiles anyone can witness.
Pros
Fexlible schedule during the day
Cons
Other drivers
Productive, enjoyable, rewarding
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 9, 2015
This is a rewarding job transporting elementary through high school students. The dispatch and maintenance crew take care of the drivers and buses very well and provide an enjoyable working experience.
Pros
Transporting children
Cons
Split shifts
Always interesting people each day a little different.
Cahier at Manhattan High East (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 11, 2012
I would come in and get the snacks ready first and see if anything needed reordering .I anything needed reordering I would tell the kitchen manger what needed ordering. Then I would get the crates of milk onto the cart and put them in to the refrigerator .When I finished putting away extra milk and empty crates. It was time to put water and juice on the cart to put into the refrigerator after lunch.
Then I would go check the tables from breakfast to see if they needed cleaning. After that I would put the forks and spoons into their containers for lunch. Then it was lunch time and time to help the kids buy lunch and snacks. After lunch it was time to clean the tables for the next day.
I got along well with all my co-workers.
I learned to deal with many different people and different situations..
The best part was working with the kids and their different personality's.
Pros
dependable money and routine; good peolpe to work with.
Cons
the hardest part was lifting the heavy milk crates and cleaning the tables at the end of the day.