UserTesting Employee Reviews

Extra Money
User Tester (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 17, 2019
It's a great option for a little extra pocket money.
Giving feedback on a website that is in the making, gives you a great feeling that you're helping a company of the ground.
Relaxed place to work with high motivation to succeed
Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2018
A typical day at work involved replying to support tickets from testers who had issues with software or a given test. I did other various jobs such as updating the website support pages and participating in client meetings. I did regular daily checkups with my manager and did side projects that helped me improve my knowledge about the company, and about various aspects of business in general. I learned a lot about the concept of ux and cx, the nature of the company itself, and the nature of work culture in general. This was the one job that was different from all the rest because I had no prior interaction with anyone working at the company. Previous companies involved family or school colleagues, and in part stepping into this new environment carried with it the unenjoyable part of the job. This didn't completely ruin my experience, but the work culture felt more polite than friendly. I really enjoy forming friendships and amicable connections with work colleagues, but I definitely felt sometimes like nobody wanted to talk to me, and that anyone who approached me for a conversation seemed like they did this out of obligation. Nevertheless, there were quite a few friendly people in the office and after a while I felt mostly welcome. Management was great, and overall I consider this to be a superb job experience.
Your own schedule
Tester (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 20, 2018
You have the option to test daily or every-other week. You are usually asked to review a website and give feedback, is it user friendly, would you use the website, etc. You are compensated well, but the pay isn't reliable pay. Working another job is required.
Pros
you make your schedule, good compensation, small time commitment
Cons
not a reliable source of income
UserTesting is a side gig
Independent UX Consultant/Tester (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 16, 2018
This is not a stable income. Testers like myself only get paid for the number of tests we take. Moreover, not all tests will be available to all. However, it isn't a scam of any kind. You do get paid the amount indicated within the timeframe given.
Overall, you set the atmosphere from wherever you are and you get a chance to learn of new things ahead of time.
Pros
tests can be short as 15 minutes and the pay remains the same
Cons
tests are not always available
Excellent Work At Home Opportunity
Usability Tester (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 24, 2018
Overall excellent option for supplemental income, work your own hours, and get paid weekly. Jobs are quick, easy, and take an average of 5-10 minutes to complete for $10 per each job (video). I recommend UserTesting to all of my friends searching for work-at-home opportunities and supplemental income.
Pros
Supplemental Income, Easy Work, Paid Weekly
Cons
Sometimes App Doesn't Work
Good for small extra money
Tester (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 23, 2018
Not a consistent stream of income but if you're looking for small extra income then this works. Great if you're looking to make extra money during spare time.
Just a side job
Website and App Tester (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2018
just reviewed websites and apps. it's a good side job because you can just log on and do it whenever you want, but there is some frustration when you repeatedly don't qualify for tests.
Pros
can do whenever you want
Cons
disqualified for many tests
Good for a side gig.
Mobile and Computer Web Tester (Current Employee) –  Anywhere with internetFebruary 22, 2018
It is a great way to make extra income, just not something to rely on to pay all of the bills. There are many tests available to try for, but this does not mean you qualify for all of them.
Its a great gig if you're going to be on your computer all day anyway, seeing as you'll hear a 'ding' when a new test is available to try for. I like to use it while searching for other jobs.
You are paid fairly, about $10 per twenty minute review, it's just you may only get one an hour or every hour and a half. You can always come back to it if you have been gone from it for awhile, just review the tutorial and you'll be on your way, meaning the job security is spot on, but I don't see how you would advance in the company.
Overall a great site to check out if you need to supplement your income or have extra time after work, but not the job you need to support your life (most likely).
Also, I find recording the reviews to be a lot of fun and the time goes by very quickly. I'm thankful for UserTesting.
Pros
Make your own schedule, Fair payment
Cons
Not reliable, No benefits
I test websites and android apps for UserTesting.
Website Tester (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I sometimes test and review WebSites for the company usertesting.com and I also test Android game apps but it's only if I qualify for the tests and when I do they sometimes take about 15 minutes so they are very short.
Pros
Work From Home, Pays In Paypal, Tests WebSites and Game Apps
Cons
Rarely get accepted to take on the tests.
Great to make extra cash
Tester (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 21, 2018
It's a great place/website that allows you to make extra cash for short videos reviewing websites and products. I really enjoy it and when I have free time I like to go on and make a little extra cash. There's not always opportunities but when there are it's first come first serve.
Great people but the best ones move on.
UX Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 13, 2017
Many of the smartest, most talented people move on quickly so it is hard to learn from them. Overall the culture is great, everyone is nice, but it's not always easy to voice problems, or frustrations.
Average
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is that the company allowed me to work from home which saved me valuable work time as I didn't have to communte. I enjoyed the flexibility.
Good company, flexible hours
Research Assistant - User Research Team (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 6, 2017
When I pick up a project for UserTesting, the first thing I do is message the UX researcher in charge of the project to confirm some details. Generally, I'll have to watch through several videos and annotate how users respond to the interface when navigating through the assigned tasks in the usability study.

My research assistant manager is very helpful and understanding; he'll help me if I have any questions and will respond relatively quickly. Co-workers at UserTesting are very nice and there is generally a relaxed company culture.

Sometimes, watching videos over and over again can be a little repetitive. I am well compensated for my time at UserTesting so I can't complain about this aspect.

The flexible hours allow me to pickup projects when I am most available, and if I'm not I can decide not to do so.
Pros
Get compensated well for an RA, and very flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes it is slow so there won't be any projects available to pick up
Awesome culture, great company, and fun people to work with!
Usability Research Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 23, 2016
UserTesting is on track to IPO in 2-3 years, and it feels great to be a part of the growth of the company!

Although we're making moves to increase our salaries to industry standards (in the Silicon Valley), you do get stock options, which will be quite valuable in a few years!

There's a ping pong table and foozball table, we have offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, and Atlanta, and, if you have the time, you can get a massage every week!

It's challenging work, but it's fun!
Pros
Free catered lunches on Tues/Thurs, free weekly massages, ping pong table, free weekly happy hours on Fridays, great culture, constant upgrades to facilities, etc.
Cons
Lower salary than industry standard for most positions, but that's offset by the stock options/great benefits you get
Easy to set your own hours. Flexible.
Reviewer/Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2016
A work at your own pace job. You can take on as many projects as you want and the pay varies depending on the job chosen. The hardest part of the job is handling clients who can sometimes be very specific about what they expect. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to test out new web sites and apps.
Pros
flexible hours, work unsupervised
Cons
Not always steady, can be demanding depending on the job
Contract work from home
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
Easy work, decent pay, but getting jobs was a free for all among all the employees.
Jobs weren't easy to acquire, but often led to further pursuit by the client for further testing.
Management was all done digitally, without any names given of managers.
Hardest part of the job was non-mandatory feedback from clients on the quality of the test, thus often it wasn't obvious how well you were doing as a QA.
Easy work, Quick 15-20 minute reviews of software/websites distributed right to your home computer, pay was received quickly.
Great Work Environment
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 6, 2016
Very flexible schedule and great colleagues to work with. Must be able to balance and multitask, as things can get very hectic.
It is a fun place to work, has great people working there.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 19, 2015
A typical day is get in early, get on the phone and email, go to meetings throughout the day and follow with customers all the time.
I learned a lot about user experience and testing from UT.
Management is great, they are focused on the customers and their success.
Co workers are the best! Great group of people.
The hardest part was adapting to recent management changes.
Working with the customers and your co workers.
Sales office was rocky - but overall good company
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2015
The sales office had a lot of turbulence during a vast growing period, but overall great company to work for. They did have free lunches twice a week!
Good part time testing training
Q.A. Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed the flexibility and the variety of applications you are exposed to in the testing environment. It is also a great way practice verbal skills when reviewing test cases and execution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UserTesting. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UserTesting.

Powered by Comparably