USF Holland Employee Reviews

Dock Worker/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46241April 7, 2018
It is a fast-pace work envirnment with good professional people that is good at there job and what they do. The CDL trainers are direct and straight forward
Pros
Good work envirnment
Benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work plenty of hours and they have lots of work for a young man great health care and vacation time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lots of hours
Decent company, I enjoyed my time there.
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 23, 2018
Low pay for the area. TONS of overtime. Terminal manager had no interest in improving the working conditions Very easy job overall. I enjoyed my time there for the most part.
Pros
Very easy job
Cons
Terminal manager was lacking
Decent place to work part time
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAMarch 22, 2018
When I started to work at USF Holland in 2003, it was a great place to work. The Pay($16 p/hr) was more than I was making at Full Time Job. We received a raise every year. In 2007, I moved to Georgia and started working at the biggest terminal in the Southeast, the Conley Georgia location. By this time the company had been sold to Yellow Freight. Changes were made as expected but the biggest one was the pay. The took away almost $5 of our pay. and their were never raises for the part time(casuals) people. Yet the work level never decreased, it actually increased. They then started wanted you to come in late and leave later because the full timers would all leave at exactly 11pm. If you had to have a job, it is ok but they are no where close to being competitive with the pay and they are aware of it.
Pros
part time
Cons
Terrible pay
Good hourly pay and benefits
Terminal Clerk/Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Love working in the trucking environment. Many issues with Middle Management regarding treatment of office workers.
However a very enjoyable place to work with excellent benefits.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Middle Management
Management and union destroy this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 16, 2018
Holland has some great employees that make you proud to be a part of the company but overall the union backs the employees that don’t want to work and management caters to them while the good employees get more dumped on them. Instead of management making the ones not doing anything work they add more work loads to the ones already buried in work. Then to top that off management praises the ones not doing anything and ignores the employees working hard.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Union took our pension
perfect for angry children in their mid 50's
local driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 15, 2018
The pay is okay, not great for the number of hours worked. Safety is looked down upon and mocked openly. Most employees have worked there long enough to feel a sense of entitlement and throw little baby screaming tantrums regularly. I once worked at a summer camp for children with mental disabilities, this job prepared me most for working at Holland. The management doesn't accept responsibility for anything and turns employees against each other. If you like being around dangerous angry people, you have found your home.
Pros
you will make enough money to pay bills
Cons
Awful equipment, employees drive 40mph on the lot, dangerous forklift operators
Grad Assistant
Student Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2018
My manager was very kind and understanding. The work environment is very calm and peaceful, Everyone is in their office doing their work and every once in a while someone would come out and just talk. The work load was fair and fairly simple.
great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2018
I would come in at 2:00am til 2:00pm and help unload load before 8:00 am . what learned about outbound freight is very fast . the work place is very bright with joke and laughs.
Pros
no health
Fun place, amazing environment
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2018
My typical days at work I had to report income cargo to customers, I learned invoicing, workers culture was enjoyable, the hardest part was unsatisfied customers, the most enjoyable part of the job was loading dates.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Management and employees work as a team and care for each person.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 20, 2018
My time with Holland was wonderful I loved all the jobs that I did and chances to advance. The people genuinely care about each other and will stand up for each other. I learned many great skills during my time with Holland and I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great learning and advancement chances.
Cons
Long work days
Its a union company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAFebruary 17, 2018
The union has all of the power. If you are an hourly/union employee all is well. However, if you are in any type of supervisory roll your life will be difficult.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay and union has all of the power
Great for teaching experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2018
USF is a great university. They can provide opportunities at different levels for their own students to get experience in their fields of interest. They have a great research center with Moffit institute. I worked for the college of electrical engineering as the teacher for Electronics lab. I had the opportunity to develop the curriculum for this lab.
Best job environment I every had
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCFebruary 7, 2018
To put this review simply this job was great. I enjoyed the environment and everyone who worked there it was honestly like a big familyh and everybody go along for the most part anyway
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Pay just sucked
Typical Driving job
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2018
Benefits are almost impossible to beat, free health insurance (Medical dental and vision). Perk of the union. Union dues as ove 2/2/18 is about $58 a month (have to pay your union dues to work, and receive benefits. What they wont tell you is the 10% of the ORIGINAL pay is taken for a company give back. Back when the recession hit they opt for this so they wouldn't shut down, and its stuck. you get paid 18.57 and hour, overtime after 8 hours a day, every day. Max 60 hours a week.
Benefits
Cons
Not full pay
It's okay I guess
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJanuary 24, 2018
I think it's okay for college students and people who hate customer service. The hours go by fast when there are trailers to unload or the hours can crawl if you are waiting for trailers to arrive. I liked how there is no customer service aspect to it, but some of the coworkers complain or have short fuses most of the time. The job can get dangerous. The floor can get slippery and you could slide off the docks and people can drive like maniacs and crash into you.
I
Pros
Forklift training, Easy, exercise, outdoors
Cons
petty coworkers, weather, dangerous, outdoors
Decent
Conversion Crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2018
The thing about having a job with a university is that it is very convenient and making your own schedule is a huge benefit. Shifts are four hours long which makes it easy to tie into your day.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Pay is very good for a part time job. Take home pay is about the same as some full time jobs in the Saginaw area. Paid time off is accrued weekly which is nice. Everyone at this location was pretty easy to get along with. Only issue working here is starting out part time.
Pros
Great paid time off, even for part time workers, good pay, coworkers and management are very easy to get along with. Direct deposit and paid weekly
Cons
Starting out part time. Working in the evening and would rather work a day shift.
bad management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MIJanuary 21, 2018
lot of work and no pay is bad all other ltl start ant 22 to 25 hour and they start at 16 sad. dont get hart there you will loss your job and fight them to say it was them that f up with no com to you in this time
Pros
heathcare
Cons
all the rest
A great place
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
I liked it. You gotta be ready for men to stare at you if youre a woman but overall it was relaxed and i loved it. the office manager doesnt play any games when it comes to getting your work done so if youre willing to work she has your back. there is plenty of room for advancement if you work for it.
Pros
no benefits
Cons
part time job