USF Holland Employee Reviews

I was hired as a casual, so your treated as subhuman by coworkers.
Part time casual dockworker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53221January 11, 2018
A typical day at work was getting pulled aside by the an inexperienced dock manager. Given a workload that was ridiculous and then have the regular workers treat you like dung.
Pros
Cons
everything
Professional place to work
Director of eCommerce (USF Corporation) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Although I worked at headquarters and USF Holland was a different company all the people at USF Holland were always professional and everyone's focus was on the customer. Everyone I worked with from the President to the driver were great.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Has some benefits but too much pressure on the hard workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 6, 2018
I consider myself a very hard worker and take pride in my work. Holland advances those through the system that like to take advantage of bosses as some give in very easy. Those do less work, work fewer hours, and get the same pay rate. This is just in the supervisors, they show that the structure is broken and upper management doesn't reward those that are doing what they are asked to do. I work 50+ hours a week and someone comes in and hour or two after me and leaves the same time each week being paid the same wage. Some supervisors are taken advantage of while others take advantage of the boss. If you smoke you also can take a break whenever you want while the non smokers continue to work, usually those are the dedicated workers that strive for success but struggle as the others are outside off the warehouse dock smoking. If someone wants a decent pay with great benefits this is a decent company but the management structure and policies in place are lack luster.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Young Supervisors with lack of leadership skills
Fast paced work in the shipping industry.
Administrative Assistant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 3, 2018
The managers at USF Holland were great, but I was scheduled when managers weren't in. The staff I worked with didn't seem to like me much, which was my only complaint. They paid great. I started off at $19.09/ hour, but that was as a temporary employee. If I'd gotten hired on for a permanent position, my payrate would have been lowered to $16 something per hour. The office setting isn't the most comfortable. It's usually pretty cold in the building when it's cold outside. The work is incredibly fast paced. It was like a paper pushing assembly line. Overall, it was worth the payrate though.
no progress
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
Holland has not made any progress since 1985. The management is so far removed from the industry, yet keep trying to reinvent the industry. I dont' have any more to add to this. it is a toxic environment.
Pros
Good People
Cons
management thinks they are reinventing transportation, yet refuse to have any updated or modern programs
Challenging and Fast Paced
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 1, 2018
Central dispatch is a challenging and fast paced job at USF Holland. Generally every coworker is helpful and friendly, but dealing with the terminals and drivers requires self control and patience.
Pros
Working 7 on 7 off is a good gig
Cons
Eating at your desk while working
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJanuary 1, 2018
Good place to work Lots of new guys working there now and they are kinda lazy. Management has gotten bad. Seem like they are scared to tell someone what to do or what he needs to do.
Usf holland
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 1, 2018
A goos side job. I was not able to meet union requirements as this was my only job. The job itself was not bad. All you had to do was to look on the information on your ticket and the rest was easy.
Pros
Work was easy
Prouctive and Fun!
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2018
USF is a great employer. I enjoyed the scheduling flexibility and level of responsibility. However, It was not the most exciting job. It is the perfect job for a busy student.
n/a
CDL Local P&D Driver, Route Delivery of Freight (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CODecember 27, 2017
No review at this time, it was a good job, with good folks, but the hours were long not due to company, more due to industry standards, which for myself make no sense.
job culture
Dock to Driver/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2017
The dock to driver program is a great oppurtuniy but what comes with it is bs. The managers expect you to kiss there a** because they are the ones who can tell you when to start the program.
Pros
dock to driver
Cons
cornell
always breaking federal rules
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GA 30294November 19, 2017
Company always breaking federal DOT Rules, allowing driver to falsify their logs, taking employees pay took 15% and a week vacation and still cant make a difference in their ability to preform
benefits
Cons
por working condititns
Office personnel aren't friendly
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 13, 2017
I hear all to often that " it's not my job". Management isn't willing to fix the problems, prefers to point fingers. I do not recommend working here at all. No options for advancement if you are a female.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unfriendly environment
Need to invest in some new equipment such as tractors,forklifts and trailers.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 11, 2017
This is not a family oriented company because the earliest you come to work the longer your work day will probably be.The manager is not a person that you can put any trust in.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Equipment
Productive place to work for.
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILNovember 5, 2017
Dealing with daily responsibilities which are supervising man power.
Loading and unloading truck and daily dispatch. Communicating with city drivers in and out of yard.
Stressful
Operations Supervisor (City Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 1, 2017
Currently understaffed and therefore stressful.
I've had the opportunity to work on all levels within the organization.
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the drivers who are some of the best in the industry. Their daily support and willingness to get the job done makes the job worthwhile.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very little time for breaks/lunch
Still a pretty good job
ROAD DRIVER (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 13, 2017
Considering the other jobs in this area Holland pays better an offers more than most. Like anywhere else it has its ups an downs. It's been good to me so far.
Pros
Pay
Decent Job
Driver/Dock Worker/Full-time (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL 62025October 11, 2017
It was a fair union job. had to learn how to be the low man on the list. Had to do dock work at times which was good easy work loading and unloading,.
New Setting
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2017
This job was a new setting for me because I never worked as a housekeeper. The job was very easy to accommodate to and everyone was friendly. I enjoyed all the workers.
Good job as a part-time
International Tutor and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Good place for part time. Just tutoring. If you want to make extra money and have qualified knowledge, this place may be a good place to work with. Supervisor here is nice