USHA Employee Reviews

disgusting place
Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2018
training is not paid
management only cares about their own team
cut throat
you pay for everything out of pocket
1099 employee push you to work at office 7 days a week
Wolfe of Wal street type office culture
very deceitful don't waste your time, 2% make the money they "promise" you will make
Met lots of interesting people. Fun atmosphere!
Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Longwood,FLNovember 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job was getting to talk to people in an attempt to make a sale. Leads were great in the beginning and then went down hill thereafter. I would recommend this position to someone who has a significant savings. The managers do very well though because of the hierarchy!!
Pros
Great Peers!
Cons
Not enough income
Horrible place to work
Insirance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2018
Management is awful and you can’t make your own hours like they promised. The lead system is awful as you call the same person multiple times a day after 10 other people have already called them. Just a horrible place to work.
Fun place to work.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dalls TexasNovember 15, 2018
Fast paced, fun and nurturing environment.Coworkers are very helpfull. You are provided plenty of suport to meet and or exceed your goals, given that you have the drive and fetermination.
Pros
Uncapted earning potential.
Cons
Old leads to call from.
Great job, if your looking for 1099 work.
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
This was a good job, but it really only makes sense if you have the time, money and effort to put into. You have to pay to get contracted and pay for your state licenses. As a 1099 contractor you have no benefits and you must supply your own equipment. Also you have to pay for errors and omission insurance as well as software fees per month.

This is a good job for someone who is retired and has a steady income or someone who is married and their spouse has steady income. Overall great management and dedicated coworkers. Very positive work environment.
Pros
Set your own schedule, potential for decent money.
Cons
1099, fees and expenses, realistically you work from sun up to sun down. Takes time to get established.
Easy going environment
Producer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed the work but in order to be successful, you have to have the money to buy leads at the $5 per lead rate. Otherwise, you buy cheaper leads that are older and harder to convert.
Cons
Commission only
Not what it seems
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
I left a steady job of 15 years jehrre I knew I had a set retirement because I was told I would make decent money, make my own schedule and work from home because I would be my own boss.
Unfortunately they hold potential leads over your head to force you to do things their way. The lead source they have is not that great and is not as positive turn around as they promised.
Pros
Supposed own boss
Cons
Personal Financial status worse it has ever been
Sales is challenging.
Captive Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 23, 2018
That sad, the way we worked leads was horrible, calling the same people every 2 hrs! The atmosphere was the most unprofessional I've ever been in. If you don't mind animals, cussing, yelling for fun, then you may be wired to work there. The way to success is to treat each call as the first of the day and do at least 200 calls a day. No problem, accept you may call the same person 2 to 3 times. How would you respond?

There are good people there and I think they genuinely care about folks being successful.
Pros
Co-workers care and some will nurture/help as much as they can.
Cons
Very unprofessional. On the phone with folks in the background cussing is not the best situation, And repeat calling!! This is the worst.
Multi Level Telemarketing Scam
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2018
Do not fall for this scam. It is nothing more than a scam. There is no way to make money at this company unless you invest thousands buying your own leads and bringing in people to work under you. It's multi level marketing pure and simple.
Pros
Cons
They promise you the moon and deliver nothing!
This is a position for those who have only worked in commission sales,
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
8am to 6-8pm. Laid back environment. Cannot say that I actually learned anything. Strictly calling in office, or hitting the pavement reaching out to small businesses.
Its the people and the product
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 10, 2018
The people are great but local division is the pits! They treat you like your not worthy and with indifference. Middle mgmt is stuck buffering the jerks from getting in your business when they ask why your having issues.
Pros
able to make big money
Cons
Not worth the BS
US Health Advisors
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 8, 2018
Amazing atmosphere at USHA the people who work here is very diversified and it is amazing to see how the office gets along and have a good time. The team leaders and branch manager will help you when trying to complete your sales. The whole branch is a huge team that helps each other to make sales.
Bad Leadership
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70817September 24, 2018
Great environment but barely any training or coaching outside of the first week. Highest turnover rate and they focus more on the newer people than people who got hired last week. Also pressure and harass you if you don't go into the office daily.
commission only work!!
Health Insurance Agent - unlicensed (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This is a commission only job and you have to continuously make cold calls all day in order to be lucky enough to get one or two people in a week. Sometimes you can go days/weeks without making any money.

You can make plenty of money during open enrollment, But not so much during the rest of the year.
Pros
can make money during open enrollment
Cons
won't make to much money -
Ok place to work if you can live without making money for a while
Health Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working from home is phenomenal and I love being my own boss and employee! However, just starting out, I have worked weeks on end and have not made more than 1 sale, so be prepared to possibly work for a while, being unpaid, as you learn the ropes.
Pros
good $ when sale is made
Cons
no $ when no sale made
A great oppurtunity to stay close to family while earning a living in health and life insurance
License Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2018
A typical days work involves making up to 400 cold calls on leads that are freely provided through vanilla soft program. I enjoy explaining the innovations of health insurance of US Health advisors to those I talk to.
Pros
commission percentages are high when paid
Cons
very hard to get a customer to want to buy
mediocre
Licensed Life/Health agent (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2018
I don't want to write a review but the site is making me write down something so I will just say it is a mediocre job, nothing special, and thats all i have to say
Local Manager is not in tune with his team
Field Training Agent / Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 29, 2018
Local management insists on micro managing all.....turns into a revolving door as a result. All of my team- 10 members left as a result of him not allowing me to manage my own team
Pros
Commission
Cons
Micromanaged
Great life to strive for
CAREER HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 23, 2018
Long hours are put in, you find the more work you do the better you serve those who need your help. The days are long but the rewards are worth it. Keep a positive attatude and you will go far.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
You get what your worth
Not paid for a month at times
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 22, 2018
It is a great job for a single person, not for someone who has a family. Most of the time you are required to work 8 to 10pm everyday. Target market is only about 14% of population. when you sell its good $$ but you dont always sell. You end up getting a loan and owe money to the company.
Pros
Good commision % if sell a good policy-
Cons
not meant for individuals with families