USHA Employee Reviews

Its the people and the product
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 10, 2018
The people are great but local division is the pits! They treat you like your not worthy and with indifference. Middle mgmt is stuck buffering the jerks from getting in your business when they ask why your having issues.
Pros
able to make big money
Cons
Not worth the BS
US Health Advisors
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 8, 2018
Amazing atmosphere at USHA the people who work here is very diversified and it is amazing to see how the office gets along and have a good time. The team leaders and branch manager will help you when trying to complete your sales. The whole branch is a huge team that helps each other to make sales.
Bad Leadership
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70817September 24, 2018
Great environment but barely any training or coaching outside of the first week. Highest turnover rate and they focus more on the newer people than people who got hired last week. Also pressure and harass you if you don't go into the office daily.
commission only work!!
Health Insurance Agent - unlicensed (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This is a commission only job and you have to continuously make cold calls all day in order to be lucky enough to get one or two people in a week. Sometimes you can go days/weeks without making any money.

You can make plenty of money during open enrollment, But not so much during the rest of the year.
Pros
can make money during open enrollment
Cons
won't make to much money -
Ok place to work if you can live without making money for a while
Health Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working from home is phenomenal and I love being my own boss and employee! However, just starting out, I have worked weeks on end and have not made more than 1 sale, so be prepared to possibly work for a while, being unpaid, as you learn the ropes.
Pros
good $ when sale is made
Cons
no $ when no sale made
A great oppurtunity to stay close to family while earning a living in health and life insurance
License Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2018
A typical days work involves making up to 400 cold calls on leads that are freely provided through vanilla soft program. I enjoy explaining the innovations of health insurance of US Health advisors to those I talk to.
Pros
commission percentages are high when paid
Cons
very hard to get a customer to want to buy
mediocre
Licensed Life/Health agent (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2018
I don't want to write a review but the site is making me write down something so I will just say it is a mediocre job, nothing special, and thats all i have to say
Local Manager is not in tune with his team
Field Training Agent / Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 29, 2018
Local management insists on micro managing all.....turns into a revolving door as a result. All of my team- 10 members left as a result of him not allowing me to manage my own team
Pros
Commission
Cons
Micromanaged
Great life to strive for
CAREER HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 23, 2018
Long hours are put in, you find the more work you do the better you serve those who need your help. The days are long but the rewards are worth it. Keep a positive attatude and you will go far.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
You get what your worth
Not paid for a month at times
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 22, 2018
It is a great job for a single person, not for someone who has a family. Most of the time you are required to work 8 to 10pm everyday. Target market is only about 14% of population. when you sell its good $$ but you dont always sell. You end up getting a loan and owe money to the company.
Pros
Good commision % if sell a good policy-
Cons
not meant for individuals with families
Fast paced work, great leadership
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 24, 2018
In my year working there, I met some of the best leaders I have ever come across. This job was tough. You had to motivate yourself everyday. Being a Health Insurance Advisor isn't easy. You have to be a self starter, be very organized and persistent. The biggest reason I left was to pursue a lifelong goal I wanted to meet. The Quakertown, PA office is a great environment with great people. If you want to pursue being an Insurance Agent as a career, this is the place to go.
Pros
You make your own hours, excellent leadership
Cons
100% Commission
amazing workplace
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2018
This place truly is amazing. I love the people and I love the work that we do. I believe this company will always be around to truly help the people that come to us that need it
High pressure to perform
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
The work environment is highly competitive. Workers are expected to be dedicated to the company and work hours can be very long. Compensation is commission only.
Pros
Unlimited income potential
Cons
long work week
Good Pay Plan
Life and Health Agent (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 16, 2018
Lots of dials outside of California. Most of your day is spent on making dials. No initial training prior to getting you to dial for appointments. The office is still in the early stages of growth so it get quite loud when everyone is speaking.Very nice and professional co-workers.
Pros
Great Pay-Plan
Cons
Heavy Dialing
Great people sketchy products
Direct Health care sale agent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2018
Product is not waht it appears to be very sketchy. I was a top seller within 5 months. Once open enrollment sstopped sales plunged. Found out with in 6 mos. just how misrepresented the product was, could no longer ethically continue with company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad products
I would not recommend working here.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
Unless you want to sit in a call center for 8 hours a day making 200 plus calls this is not the job for you. There is no support financially in regards to a salary. To qualify a potential insurer they have to be in perfect health.
Good Boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2018
Love My Boss, fun work space, good for insurance, power to my boss, great communications, loveable work space, friendly people, caring people, overall just nice company.
You'll laugh every day
Account management/Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
The best part of USHA is the culture and environment. Everyone is very supportive and genuinely wants to help you achieve your goals. Anything is possible with this company if you want it enough.
Challenging but rewarding job
Independent Sales & Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2018
Best part of the job is helping people in need save 30% on their health care. Typical day consistent of making 150-200 outbound calls to people in several states to educate and write insurance plans for their well-being and budget.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of viable leads and marketing-affects pay tremendously
Excellent workplace culture with people who want you to be successful
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work is calling Customers from a Lead System. I give quotes to people who are interested in either getting new health insurance or are looking to replace what they have. I process applications who want to get the health insurance we offer. I become their personal agent when they have been approved for the policy.

This job has an excellent workplace culture with a fantastic management leadership.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. Everyone genuinely supports each other and wants each other to be successful.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture, fantastic management
Cons
1099 worker. No benefits or paid time off.