USHA Employee Reviews

Great people sketchy products
Direct Health care sale agent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2018
Product is not waht it appears to be very sketchy. I was a top seller within 5 months. Once open enrollment sstopped sales plunged. Found out with in 6 mos. just how misrepresented the product was, could no longer ethically continue with company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad products
I would not recommend working here.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
Unless you want to sit in a call center for 8 hours a day making 200 plus calls this is not the job for you. There is no support financially in regards to a salary. To qualify a potential insurer they have to be in perfect health.
Good Boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2018
Love My Boss, fun work space, good for insurance, power to my boss, great communications, loveable work space, friendly people, caring people, overall just nice company.
You'll laugh every day
Account management/Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
The best part of USHA is the culture and environment. Everyone is very supportive and genuinely wants to help you achieve your goals. Anything is possible with this company if you want it enough.
Challenging but rewarding job
Independent Sales & Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2018
Best part of the job is helping people in need save 30% on their health care. Typical day consistent of making 150-200 outbound calls to people in several states to educate and write insurance plans for their well-being and budget.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of viable leads and marketing-affects pay tremendously
Excellent workplace culture with people who want you to be successful
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work is calling Customers from a Lead System. I give quotes to people who are interested in either getting new health insurance or are looking to replace what they have. I process applications who want to get the health insurance we offer. I become their personal agent when they have been approved for the policy.

This job has an excellent workplace culture with a fantastic management leadership.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. Everyone genuinely supports each other and wants each other to be successful.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture, fantastic management
Cons
1099 worker. No benefits or paid time off.
Work is available
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 29, 2018
The full outline and description of the job, from interview to becoming licensed and certified is all said to be easy. It's not an easy process, you are basically self trained. Lacks lower management.
Pros
flexible
Cons
insecure
Make your schedule and big commissions
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 22, 2018
US Health Advisors is a company that cares about its employees. There is opportunity for great commissions and residual income. A typical day consists of making calls from a computer to clients that requested information. Advise the client of their options, present the products through screen share and fill out electronic applications for the clients. It's a simple set of steps, but the job does require tenacity, drive, expertise and discipline. If you like to work for yourself, and you strive to be successful, this is the career for you
Pros
You're your own boss; 100% commissions
Cons
100% commissions
Great opportunity for highly driven individuals.
License Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa/BrandonMay 22, 2018
Self Employed work day, 8am-9pm, fast pace. meet meetings are highly driven and lots of incentives short and long terms. Weekly advances, tri-monthly bonus, chance for monthly bonuses, etc. Merit base promotion. Amazing Leaders and individuals looking to help you achieve your full potential.
Difficult to make money
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2018
The company expects you to make a minimum of 300 phone calls/day so make sure you are cool with doing that. They will tell you though that that is the minimum, if you want to make $40K/year, you are probably making 400-600/day. Make calls even when you are on vacation. Just never stop calling.

You can certainly make a ton of money, and we hear from those top earners on a weekly basis. However, as of today, 80% of the sales people aren't on pace to earn $60K/year let alone what is advertised.

If you can literally handle: staying on the phone without even a lunch break for 10 hours with that phone dialing continuously, leaving hundreds of voicemails, hearing from people that are upset because you are the 15th person to call them that day, then you can likely be part of that top 20 or even 10 percent.

If you do make it to that top 10 percent, you can make tons of money however, be prepared to spend money on yourself as all of the top earners got there by buying their own leads to supplement the company provided leads that everybody is calling. This may be difficult if you don't have money to spend right away or need every penny you earn.

Lastly, health insurance is highly seasonal. From Nov-end of January, there is a lot of business to be had. Outside of that, it feels like you are working for little pay. You have to be highly motivated to keep at it when you haven't made a sale for a few days.

In summary, it can be a great job but since you can make gobs of money but really only the top 10% do, the other 90% struggle. Not very good odds in my opinion.
Pros
You can make as much as you want
Cons
90% of people can make better money elsewhere
great place to work if commision based is for you.
Licensed Health Agent for TX, LA, and more (Current Employee) –  not sharingApril 26, 2018
can earn amazing money if talk to a lot of healthy people. work place in most places is friendly and helpful. though many choose to work from home if you have their number then they are happy to help you. it really helps you understand what need to do.
if not a good people person let me save you some time. this is not for you. a lot of talking. a lot of details. a lot of learning every detail of conversations all hoping that they are healthy enough to get normal plan and if not then talk another plan is fine however that plan is great for some and bad for others.
Pros
own time call but should be in office during learning period
Cons
commissioned.
Business practices
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Phone calls to perspective clients not a lot of training. Management misleads agents on commission basis. Management encourages agents to mislead clients in what their policies cover.
The real deal with USH Advisors
Health/ Life Agent (Current Employee) –  AnywhereApril 19, 2018
This is my first job as an insurance agent. Things I have learned. Your first year is going to be difficult. Financially in the insurance business you have to build your back end/ residual in order to survive the slow months. No matter where you decide to start your insurance career someone is buying leads here they are provided. Which is good and bad. Good because leads run from $1 to as much as $30.00 and you are dialing 200 a day. Bad because they do buy the leads it prevents you from working with multiple companies. Everyone I have ever spoke within the company are fantastic. This company has great leadership. The pitfall and this will be a generalized statement. Companies sell leads sell the information to multiple companies so potential customers get slammed with phone calls the first couple of days and for the customers they cannot differentiate from some telemarketer and an actual agent. Insurance agents get paid once a policy is approved. So there are agents in the industry that say what you want to here to get paid a commission. But that comes down to individual integrity not a companies values.
Pros
Work from home. Long term residual income.
Cons
You have to get licensed in many states and some of the agents that work here are dummies.
Good people, income opportunity, be completely informed before taking job
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
USHA is an opportunity to make good money and advance rather quickly if you are successful. The managers are caring and helpful, and motivate you to succeed. My warning is, only join this company if you are prepared to go all in, and keep the job for a while.
Pros
good people
Cons
could leave job owing company a substantial amount of money, constantly hiring new people.
Usha
Licensed Life, Health & Accident Producer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2018
I did not agree with the business practice of USHA. I was not comfortable selling a product that I did not believe in. It felt more like a telemarketing job. I appreciate that I was able to obtain my license during my time there.
Pros
assistance with obtaining license
Cons
business practice, horrible leads
Miss leading
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 1, 2018
I had just lost my job of 12 years and was looking when I ran across this company. I was told that "this produce sells itself". It most certainly does not sell itself and company philosophy is to tell the client just enough to so you don't get in league trouble. But do not explain things in great detail. Be vague.
Productive and motivating workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2018
Good company, Great training, Long hours. You need to be extremely self motivated. If you do not have a little money in the bank to hold you over until you start making money it might be difficult for you.
Pros
managers and training
Cons
can be very challenging
Want to pay to work for someone?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2018
Any sales job that does not pay a base is a terrible company. USHA does not sell health insurance. They sell life insurance with health benefits. Scam company. Sales managers will encourage you that you can make 6 figures your first year but nickel and dime you to pay for leads, (phone burner $80/mo) and that's just the beginning. Go get a job at a normal company.
Cons
No base
Best career decision I ever made!
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 8, 2018
Left the corporate grind for yes a tough sales job but like anything else, if you put in the work and the success will follow. From the homeoffice, the senior leaders, the local leaders all the way up to the CEO himself the support and accolades they give us is unmatched. It a work family of "We" not I and the family is nationwide. Everyone is supportive and helpful towards one goal.... Helping Other People Everyday for ourselves and for our customers.
Pros
Excellent product and training, Leaders and coworkers work together, Best options for customers, Best success working for each other
Cons
Work hard, play hard company where you can make a lot of money if you have a good local manager
Life & Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2018
You MUST be able to make over 100 dials a day, sometimes cold calls. Leads are provided but some are either old or not valid. You also must be self motivated. You're a commission only 1099 person.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Leads not well managed