USHA Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Multi Level Telemarketing Scam
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2018
Do not fall for this scam. It is nothing more than a scam. There is no way to make money at this company unless you invest thousands buying your own leads and bringing in people to work under you. It's multi level marketing pure and simple.
Pros
Cons
They promise you the moon and deliver nothing!
commission only work!!
Health Insurance Agent - unlicensed (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This is a commission only job and you have to continuously make cold calls all day in order to be lucky enough to get one or two people in a week. Sometimes you can go days/weeks without making any money.

You can make plenty of money during open enrollment, But not so much during the rest of the year.
Pros
can make money during open enrollment
Cons
won't make to much money -
A great oppurtunity to stay close to family while earning a living in health and life insurance
License Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2018
A typical days work involves making up to 400 cold calls on leads that are freely provided through vanilla soft program. I enjoy explaining the innovations of health insurance of US Health advisors to those I talk to.
Pros
commission percentages are high when paid
Cons
very hard to get a customer to want to buy
Great life to strive for
CAREER HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 23, 2018
Long hours are put in, you find the more work you do the better you serve those who need your help. The days are long but the rewards are worth it. Keep a positive attatude and you will go far.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
You get what your worth
Fast paced work, great leadership
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 24, 2018
In my year working there, I met some of the best leaders I have ever come across. This job was tough. You had to motivate yourself everyday. Being a Health Insurance Advisor isn't easy. You have to be a self starter, be very organized and persistent. The biggest reason I left was to pursue a lifelong goal I wanted to meet. The Quakertown, PA office is a great environment with great people. If you want to pursue being an Insurance Agent as a career, this is the place to go.
Pros
You make your own hours, excellent leadership
Cons
100% Commission
I would not recommend working here.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
Unless you want to sit in a call center for 8 hours a day making 200 plus calls this is not the job for you. There is no support financially in regards to a salary. To qualify a potential insurer they have to be in perfect health.
Excellent workplace culture with people who want you to be successful
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work is calling Customers from a Lead System. I give quotes to people who are interested in either getting new health insurance or are looking to replace what they have. I process applications who want to get the health insurance we offer. I become their personal agent when they have been approved for the policy.

This job has an excellent workplace culture with a fantastic management leadership.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. Everyone genuinely supports each other and wants each other to be successful.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture, fantastic management
Cons
1099 worker. No benefits or paid time off.
Work is available
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 29, 2018
The full outline and description of the job, from interview to becoming licensed and certified is all said to be easy. It's not an easy process, you are basically self trained. Lacks lower management.
Pros
flexible
Cons
insecure
Make your schedule and big commissions
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 22, 2018
US Health Advisors is a company that cares about its employees. There is opportunity for great commissions and residual income. A typical day consists of making calls from a computer to clients that requested information. Advise the client of their options, present the products through screen share and fill out electronic applications for the clients. It's a simple set of steps, but the job does require tenacity, drive, expertise and discipline. If you like to work for yourself, and you strive to be successful, this is the career for you
Pros
You're your own boss; 100% commissions
Cons
100% commissions
Business practices
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Phone calls to perspective clients not a lot of training. Management misleads agents on commission basis. Management encourages agents to mislead clients in what their policies cover.
Miss leading
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 1, 2018
I had just lost my job of 12 years and was looking when I ran across this company. I was told that "this produce sells itself". It most certainly does not sell itself and company philosophy is to tell the client just enough to so you don't get in league trouble. But do not explain things in great detail. Be vague.
Pyramid structure designed to benefit a few rather than all employees.
Licensed Health/ Life/ Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2017
High pressure sales company, no job security, production had to be weekly to survive, almost everyone I went through training with had no choice but to quit because it was 100% commission and not easy to earn enough money to get through the learning curb. Also, the managers do not care that new people were having to constantly be hired because they made money off our sales, a pyramid structure.
4commission based
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
very high pressure job
Commission Only
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2017
You pay a lot to get licensed and get NO help in learning how to close the deal for health insurance. Unless you have another source of income stay away.
No thank you
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It was just the most awful thing I've ever done. I don't want to type the requisite amount of characters so while you can technically make me i refuse to give you anything of quality.
No longer wanted to do insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Was only in the insurance business for a short time. Decided to put more time into real estate. Did not see the advancement I thought I might-takes too log to build a book of business.
Very stressful on bad days
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Go through stretches where no one is interested in the product. the people are very great and willing to assist you to help get you started. It is solely commissioned based and can be very stressful when you go through days with no pay.
Unlimited earning potential!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2017
I am so grateful for this opportunity and for my family's future!! Working with USHA has changed my whole outlook and given me HOPE! I can now dream again and I see that I will actually achieve those dreams! If you are looking for a career that offers hope, support, unlimited earning potential, plus a secure future, then look no further! No more 8-5 for 40 years with nothing to show for it! Thank you USHA!!
Pros
No commission cap, management opportunity, residual income
Cons
none to list!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work if you want a flexible schedule, people who work there will help you if you have any questions. Staff is fun to work around on a every day basis
Pros
make your own work schedule, make as much income as you want to make. Basically your business
Cons
You must built up clients to make money. You will need to give it some time to make money
Great potential, but......
Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
There is a great potential for making money, but in order to make good money your management has to be helpful, you have to be willing to possibly make no money for the first few months, and in reality you have to work harder than you ever did in order to make it. The products that are sold are good, but have some flaws that make it difficult to sell.
Good potential, moderate execution
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Work from home, cold calling. Leads are solid, but support structure is minimal. As a new agent, I need a little help, and was given the expectation that I'd have it. Not so much. For an experienced agent, who needs flexibility, this is probably a great fit. For me, I need experienced individuals that are easily available to guide me. Good pay structure, good people, not a good fit for everyone.