USHA Job Security & Advancement reviews

Pyramid structure designed to benefit a few rather than all employees.
Licensed Health/ Life/ Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2017
High pressure sales company, no job security, production had to be weekly to survive, almost everyone I went through training with had no choice but to quit because it was 100% commission and not easy to earn enough money to get through the learning curb. Also, the managers do not care that new people were having to constantly be hired because they made money off our sales, a pyramid structure.
4commission based
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
very high pressure job
Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Deceptive in hiring process, training manager was cut throat and not willing to go that extra mile to help new employees. Wouldn't recommend working here.
All promises were kept.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
All of the promises made to me during the recruiting were kept. Solid support system in place, positive culture, and friendly team to work with, they are family oriented.
Pros
In house live training.
Cons
Long hours.
No longer wanted to do insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Was only in the insurance business for a short time. Decided to put more time into real estate. Did not see the advancement I thought I might-takes too log to build a book of business.
Productive and fun work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2017
I love working for the company, management is great and there to help whenever you need it, no question to small and they take as much time withbyou as you need.
Unlimited earning potential!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2017
I am so grateful for this opportunity and for my family's future!! Working with USHA has changed my whole outlook and given me HOPE! I can now dream again and I see that I will actually achieve those dreams! If you are looking for a career that offers hope, support, unlimited earning potential, plus a secure future, then look no further! No more 8-5 for 40 years with nothing to show for it! Thank you USHA!!
Pros
No commission cap, management opportunity, residual income
Cons
none to list!
Great Culture Amazing Company
FSL (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 9, 2017
This company is by far the best company I've ever came across. The culture and values the company embraces are second to none. The mission of H.O.P.E (helping other people every day) is more than an acronym, it is manifested constantly.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
None encountered
excellent company to work for
Licensed insurance sales professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
great place if you want to have a career in insurance sales. The company fosters a fun and exciting atmosphere. The management team wants to see you succeed and be the best you can be. There is incentives to insure you stay on tract with your goals.
Pros
must be able to communicate well on the phone
Licensed Agent
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2017
US Health Advisors was a full commission type position. The company gave no leads or helped build client base and in my opinion was lacking leadership.
Great opportunity to achieve your goals with the flexibility and support of a great career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2017
I can't say enough about USHA! It's been an amazing opportunity. The leadership team in The Birmingham AL office has gone above and beyond to support me. Lots of hands on training, no cold calling, plus a great bonus structure. They really encourage a team environment. Best career change!
Pros
Bonus program, agent trips, flexibility to work around my schedule, hands on training
Cons
If you're not a people person this is not the right career

Want to know more about USHA?

Ask a question
I love this place!
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2017
This is the best of all worlds! Ethics, integrity, soul, value for the customer, purpose for the agent. Our mission of H.O.P.E. - Helping Other People Everyday - is truly emphasized by all leadership. I decided to obtain my insurance license when someone presented USHEALTH policies to me. I've had years of experience in the Healthcare industry and USHEALTH offers the most valuable, flexible, and innovative approach t…
Pros
Flexibility, self-employed, great pay, great leadership, great products!
Cons
This is hard work!
The Best Company To Work For in the USA
FTA (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I changed careers 7 months ago in May of 2016 to come work as a sales agent with USHA . I've been in sales my whole life so had some realistic expectations in the beginning of what my pay would be and starting from the bottom in a new industry. I never sold health insurance before but took the leap and sold my company that I was part owner of , making 150k+ per year for the last 7 years of my life to start all over selling health insurance and I know it was a crazy thing to do to give up a 6 figure income in the blink of an eye but I just saw the opportunity at USHA is like nothing else out there. I started out like a lot of agents and had a hard time adjusting in the first 7 weeks I only made about 2 pay checks for around $500 each. So obviously I was beginning to be quite nervous, but than I really sat back and audited my work ethic and my training I was receiving from the company on the daily calls (every day at 12 noon there is a region training call ) On these calls they alway speak about setting up your day , making the calls for prospecting and keeping it simple and basically don't try and reinvent the wheel. After really digging deep and realizing it was my self who wasn't making enough dials and was trying to do to much on the phone and not just keep things simple the way we were trained , I had a break through. I started really working harder and being more coachable and just mimicking the leaders in my region. To sum it up by just really listening to the training I received through management and auditing my own work ethic I ended up having an incredible 2016 and  more... finishing top 15 in the company in terms of sales . One of the main reasons I chose to change careers and get contracted with USHA was my buddies that were all already working for the company had such a passion for what they were doing and truly loved their job. After being at the company for 7 months I can truly see why, set aside the amazing commission structure and opportunity to make incredible money, the mission statement of H.O.P.E is shown to me every day by every person I work with all the way up to management and the leaders . Every person at this company truly cares about helping people and when you get the thank you calls and texts and hear from clients just say how grateful they are that we helped them find affordable health coverage and saved their families so much money every month it really makes the job worthwhile. This is the greatest company in the country and there is no other way to put it.  less
Pros
Commission Structure, stock options, oppurtunity for growth, work from home or office, free leads, training is A+
Cons
Can't think of any
not
Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 26, 2016
not what was promised during recruitment, start cold calling even without your license and sale insurance to people without your proper license. not a fan of that.
aggressive and forward-looking
Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2014
The USHA agressive leadership platform, and the 1099 structure, are very attractive; gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps. USHA is one of the truly "never-yeard-of-you-guys" companies, thereby forcing the potential client to first fully-trust me, THEN what I have to offer.
good management and fun to work with.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2013
Good management and fun to work with. Great training, classes and field. The company offers a very innovating insurance product.
Innovative approach to health insurance
Divisional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2013
This company has a visionary approach to the health insurance industry in a time that is so very uncertain in this industry.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Straight Commission