USHA Job Security & Advancement reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced work, great leadership
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 24, 2018
In my year working there, I met some of the best leaders I have ever come across. This job was tough. You had to motivate yourself everyday. Being a Health Insurance Advisor isn't easy. You have to be a self starter, be very organized and persistent. The biggest reason I left was to pursue a lifelong goal I wanted to meet. The Quakertown, PA office is a great environment with great people. If you want to pursue being an Insurance Agent as a career, this is the place to go.
Pros
You make your own hours, excellent leadership
Cons
100% Commission
High pressure to perform
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2018
The work environment is highly competitive. Workers are expected to be dedicated to the company and work hours can be very long. Compensation is commission only.
Pros
Unlimited income potential
Cons
long work week
Great people sketchy products
Direct Health care sale agent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2018
Product is not waht it appears to be very sketchy. I was a top seller within 5 months. Once open enrollment sstopped sales plunged. Found out with in 6 mos. just how misrepresented the product was, could no longer ethically continue with company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad products
Make your schedule and big commissions
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 22, 2018
US Health Advisors is a company that cares about its employees. There is opportunity for great commissions and residual income. A typical day consists of making calls from a computer to clients that requested information. Advise the client of their options, present the products through screen share and fill out electronic applications for the clients. It's a simple set of steps, but the job does require tenacity, drive, expertise and discipline. If you like to work for yourself, and you strive to be successful, this is the career for you
Pros
You're your own boss; 100% commissions
Cons
100% commissions
Great opportunity for highly driven individuals.
License Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa/BrandonMay 22, 2018
Self Employed work day, 8am-9pm, fast pace. meet meetings are highly driven and lots of incentives short and long terms. Weekly advances, tri-monthly bonus, chance for monthly bonuses, etc. Merit base promotion. Amazing Leaders and individuals looking to help you achieve your full potential.
The real deal with USH Advisors
Health/ Life Agent (Current Employee) –  AnywhereApril 19, 2018
This is my first job as an insurance agent. Things I have learned. Your first year is going to be difficult. Financially in the insurance business you have to build your back end/ residual in order to survive the slow months. No matter where you decide to start your insurance career someone is buying leads here they are provided. Which is good and bad. Good because leads run from $1 to as much as $30.00 and you are dialing 200 a day. Bad because they do buy the leads it prevents you from working with multiple companies. Everyone I have ever spoke within the company are fantastic. This company has great leadership. The pitfall and this will be a generalized statement. Companies sell leads sell the information to multiple companies so potential customers get slammed with phone calls the first couple of days and for the customers they cannot differentiate from some telemarketer and an actual agent. Insurance agents get paid once a policy is approved. So there are agents in the industry that say what you want to here to get paid a commission. But that comes down to individual integrity not a companies values.
Pros
Work from home. Long term residual income.
Cons
You have to get licensed in many states and some of the agents that work here are dummies.
Miss leading
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 1, 2018
I had just lost my job of 12 years and was looking when I ran across this company. I was told that "this produce sells itself". It most certainly does not sell itself and company philosophy is to tell the client just enough to so you don't get in league trouble. But do not explain things in great detail. Be vague.
Great Company - Last Career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 8, 2018
If you are looking for your last career, this is the place! The culture in the GA Office is amazing.. I felt like part of the team on day one. The office is a positive enviroment with hands on training.

If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love!
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Great Products, Mission of HOPE...the list goes on. If you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!
Cons
I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. If you do not want to put in the time or work hard, then this is not the right career
Ramp UP Time
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2017
Started with company as an intern and gradually learned the business. The average sales agent told me that it had taken them about 3 to 4 months to Ramp Up. I found that in my personal experience working with USHA to be true. Once you make it you are in and the pay is good.
Pros
Flex Work Hours
Cons
Ramp Up Time took about 3 to 4 months before making money
Pyramid structure designed to benefit a few rather than all employees.
Licensed Health/ Life/ Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2017
High pressure sales company, no job security, production had to be weekly to survive, almost everyone I went through training with had no choice but to quit because it was 100% commission and not easy to earn enough money to get through the learning curb. Also, the managers do not care that new people were having to constantly be hired because they made money off our sales, a pyramid structure.
4commission based
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
very high pressure job
Do not start out here!!
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 3, 2017
The only reason for anyone to start their insurance career here is if they are young and/or still living at home with no bills, or if you are a highly seasoned vet with at least 3 full months of expense money to be ready. The commissions are high, but underwriting is stringent and therefore the "target prospect" scope is extremely narrow. Narrow to the point of needing at least a 3 month cushion to ride on; IF the initial time of "getting up and running" can be gotten through, then it is an amazing team to work with.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
EXTREMELY narrow market - needle in a haystack
Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Deceptive in hiring process, training manager was cut throat and not willing to go that extra mile to help new employees. Wouldn't recommend working here.
All promises were kept.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
All of the promises made to me during the recruiting were kept. Solid support system in place, positive culture, and friendly team to work with, they are family oriented.
Pros
In house live training.
Cons
Long hours.
No longer wanted to do insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Was only in the insurance business for a short time. Decided to put more time into real estate. Did not see the advancement I thought I might-takes too log to build a book of business.
Productive and fun work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2017
I love working for the company, management is great and there to help whenever you need it, no question to small and they take as much time withbyou as you need.
Unlimited earning potential!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2017
I am so grateful for this opportunity and for my family's future!! Working with USHA has changed my whole outlook and given me HOPE! I can now dream again and I see that I will actually achieve those dreams! If you are looking for a career that offers hope, support, unlimited earning potential, plus a secure future, then look no further! No more 8-5 for 40 years with nothing to show for it! Thank you USHA!!
Pros
No commission cap, management opportunity, residual income
Cons
none to list!
Great Culture Amazing Company
FSL (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 9, 2017
This company is by far the best company I've ever came across. The culture and values the company embraces are second to none. The mission of H.O.P.E (helping other people every day) is more than an acronym, it is manifested constantly.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
None encountered
excellent company to work for
Licensed insurance sales professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
great place if you want to have a career in insurance sales. The company fosters a fun and exciting atmosphere. The management team wants to see you succeed and be the best you can be. There is incentives to insure you stay on tract with your goals.
Pros
must be able to communicate well on the phone
Licensed Agent
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2017
US Health Advisors was a full commission type position. The company gave no leads or helped build client base and in my opinion was lacking leadership.
Great opportunity to achieve your goals with the flexibility and support of a great career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2017
I can't say enough about USHA! It's been an amazing opportunity. The leadership team in The Birmingham AL office has gone above and beyond to support me. Lots of hands on training, no cold calling, plus a great bonus structure. They really encourage a team environment. Best career change!
Pros
Bonus program, agent trips, flexibility to work around my schedule, hands on training
Cons
If you're not a people person this is not the right career