USHA Management reviews

Great company.
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work, mostly because of the management in the office. I found the management to be extremely helpful with weekly meetings and being available to help when you needed help.

This is a good company that cares about its Agents and its clients alike.
Pros
Great management
Cons
hard to get started depending on availability. Must have resources.
disgusting place
Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2018
training is not paid
management only cares about their own team
cut throat
you pay for everything out of pocket
1099 employee push you to work at office 7 days a week
Wolfe of Wal street type office culture
very deceitful don't waste your time, 2% make the money they "promise" you will make
Horrible place to work
Insirance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2018
Management is awful and you can’t make your own hours like they promised. The lead system is awful as you call the same person multiple times a day after 10 other people have already called them. Just a horrible place to work.
Cons
Great job, if your looking for 1099 work.
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
This was a good job, but it really only makes sense if you have the time, money and effort to put into. You have to pay to get contracted and pay for your state licenses. As a 1099 contractor you have no benefits and you must supply your own equipment. Also you have to pay for errors and omission insurance as well as software fees per month.

This is a good job for someone who is retired and has a steady income or someone who is married and their spouse has steady income. Overall great management and dedicated coworkers. Very positive work environment.
Pros
Set your own schedule, potential for decent money.
Cons
1099, fees and expenses, realistically you work from sun up to sun down. Takes time to get established.
Sales is challenging.
Captive Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 23, 2018
That sad, the way we worked leads was horrible, calling the same people every 2 hrs! The atmosphere was the most unprofessional I've ever been in. If you don't mind animals, cussing, yelling for fun, then you may be wired to work there. The way to success is to treat each call as the first of the day and do at least 200 calls a day. No problem, accept you may call the same person 2 to 3 times. How would you respond?

There are good people there and I think they genuinely care about folks being successful.
Pros
Co-workers care and some will nurture/help as much as they can.
Cons
Very unprofessional. On the phone with folks in the background cussing is not the best situation, And repeat calling!! This is the worst.
Its the people and the product
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 10, 2018
The people are great but local division is the pits! They treat you like your not worthy and with indifference. Middle mgmt is stuck buffering the jerks from getting in your business when they ask why your having issues.
Pros
able to make big money
Cons
Not worth the BS
Local Manager is not in tune with his team
Field Training Agent / Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 29, 2018
Local management insists on micro managing all.....turns into a revolving door as a result. All of my team- 10 members left as a result of him not allowing me to manage my own team
Pros
Commission
Cons
Micromanaged
Excellent workplace culture with people who want you to be successful
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work is calling Customers from a Lead System. I give quotes to people who are interested in either getting new health insurance or are looking to replace what they have. I process applications who want to get the health insurance we offer. I become their personal agent when they have been approved for the policy.

This job has an excellent workplace culture with a fantastic management leadership.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. Everyone genuinely supports each other and wants each other to be successful.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture, fantastic management
Cons
1099 worker. No benefits or paid time off.
Work is available
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 29, 2018
The full outline and description of the job, from interview to becoming licensed and certified is all said to be easy. It's not an easy process, you are basically self trained. Lacks lower management.
Pros
flexible
Cons
insecure
Business practices
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Phone calls to perspective clients not a lot of training. Management misleads agents on commission basis. Management encourages agents to mislead clients in what their policies cover.
Best career decision I ever made!
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 8, 2018
Left the corporate grind for yes a tough sales job but like anything else, if you put in the work and the success will follow. From the homeoffice, the senior leaders, the local leaders all the way up to the CEO himself the support and accolades they give us is unmatched. It a work family of "We" not I and the family is nationwide. Everyone is supportive and helpful towards one goal.... Helping Other People Everyday for ourselves and for our customers.
Pros
Excellent product and training, Leaders and coworkers work together, Best options for customers, Best success working for each other
Toxic atmosphere
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Poor management never kept promises of free A leads lots of cold calling and wasted time on petty office politics. Leadership in Chicago was rated the lowest in the company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lots of cold calling dead leads
Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Deceptive in hiring process, training manager was cut throat and not willing to go that extra mile to help new employees. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Stressful
Health and Life Insurance Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2017
Stressful job, because of the cold calling. Otherwise, you need to purchase your own leads. My manager was very good and fun to work for. If you are aggressive in sales over the phone, you might do well.
Pros
Some free lunches
Telephone sales solication
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Sold healthcare program over the phone. Shot gun approach and until you are licensed in multiple states your income is severely limited. Turnover is high
Lead Fail
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2017
I was told I would be given leads that were valuable & worthy, however unless I had tons of money to dump into the system I only received 2ndhand leads.
Productive and fun work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2017
I love working for the company, management is great and there to help whenever you need it, no question to small and they take as much time withbyou as you need.
Unlimited earning potential!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2017
I am so grateful for this opportunity and for my family's future!! Working with USHA has changed my whole outlook and given me HOPE! I can now dream again and I see that I will actually achieve those dreams! If you are looking for a career that offers hope, support, unlimited earning potential, plus a secure future, then look no further! No more 8-5 for 40 years with nothing to show for it! Thank you USHA!!
Pros
No commission cap, management opportunity, residual income
Cons
none to list!
Great potential, but......
Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
There is a great potential for making money, but in order to make good money your management has to be helpful, you have to be willing to possibly make no money for the first few months, and in reality you have to work harder than you ever did in order to make it. The products that are sold are good, but have some flaws that make it difficult to sell.
excellent company to work for
Licensed insurance sales professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
great place if you want to have a career in insurance sales. The company fosters a fun and exciting atmosphere. The management team wants to see you succeed and be the best you can be. There is incentives to insure you stay on tract with your goals.
Pros
must be able to communicate well on the phone