USHA Work-Life Balance reviews

overworked
Advisor (Current Employee) –  tampa flOctober 23, 2017
80 hour work weeks plus 10 hours of driving a day is not worth any sum of money. The are some very immature people in the office. Although this place has unlimited potential is just very clicked up!
Stressful
Health and Life Insurance Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2017
Stressful job, because of the cold calling. Otherwise, you need to purchase your own leads. My manager was very good and fun to work for. If you are aggressive in sales over the phone, you might do well.
Pros
Some free lunches
All promises were kept.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
All of the promises made to me during the recruiting were kept. Solid support system in place, positive culture, and friendly team to work with, they are family oriented.
Pros
In house live training.
Cons
Long hours.
No thank you
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It was just the most awful thing I've ever done. I don't want to type the requisite amount of characters so while you can technically make me i refuse to give you anything of quality.
Enjoyable Competative Sales
Advisor/Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Speak to a lot of people calling, texting, or emailing. Hopefully you will speak with someone who is looking for insurance and you are able to make a sale.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Time Consuming
Very stressful on bad days
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Go through stretches where no one is interested in the product. the people are very great and willing to assist you to help get you started. It is solely commissioned based and can be very stressful when you go through days with no pay.
Productive and fun work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 30, 2017
I love working for the company, management is great and there to help whenever you need it, no question to small and they take as much time withbyou as you need.
Great and Caring Company
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 12, 2017
USHA is a wonderful company who truly care about people. There slogan is HOPE, which stands for Helping Other People Everyday. Wonderful managers who help and want to see successful employees.
Pros
Alot of money can be made, if you work hard and put your time in it.
Cons
Commission Only
Fun people
Independent Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 9, 2017
Fun people to be around. But hard to make the sales by making cold calls. We have daily conference calls to keep updated and keep you motivated so that is not a problem, but the sale is hard to make.
Unlimited earning potential!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2017
I am so grateful for this opportunity and for my family's future!! Working with USHA has changed my whole outlook and given me HOPE! I can now dream again and I see that I will actually achieve those dreams! If you are looking for a career that offers hope, support, unlimited earning potential, plus a secure future, then look no further! No more 8-5 for 40 years with nothing to show for it! Thank you USHA!!
Pros
No commission cap, management opportunity, residual income
Cons
none to list!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work if you want a flexible schedule, people who work there will help you if you have any questions. Staff is fun to work around on a every day basis
Pros
make your own work schedule, make as much income as you want to make. Basically your business
Cons
You must built up clients to make money. You will need to give it some time to make money
Great Culture Amazing Company
FSL (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 9, 2017
This company is by far the best company I've ever came across. The culture and values the company embraces are second to none. The mission of H.O.P.E (helping other people every day) is more than an acronym, it is manifested constantly.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
None encountered
Great potential, but......
Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
There is a great potential for making money, but in order to make good money your management has to be helpful, you have to be willing to possibly make no money for the first few months, and in reality you have to work harder than you ever did in order to make it. The products that are sold are good, but have some flaws that make it difficult to sell.
Licensed Agent/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Culture is outstanding. The leaders really want you to succeed! They will do all they can to help you succeed. It is hard work, however if you put in the effort you will succeed.
Pros
great training
Cons
commission only
excellent company to work for
Licensed insurance sales professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
great place if you want to have a career in insurance sales. The company fosters a fun and exciting atmosphere. The management team wants to see you succeed and be the best you can be. There is incentives to insure you stay on tract with your goals.
Pros
must be able to communicate well on the phone
Cons
Great opportunity to achieve your goals with the flexibility and support of a great career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2017
I can't say enough about USHA! It's been an amazing opportunity. The leadership team in The Birmingham AL office has gone above and beyond to support me. Lots of hands on training, no cold calling, plus a great bonus structure. They really encourage a team environment. Best career change!
Pros
Bonus program, agent trips, flexibility to work around my schedule, hands on training
Cons
If you're not a people person this is not the right career
Satellite Manager (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Productive and fun place to work and yes we do have ping pong table as our conference table. Work hard to Help Other People Everyday find their way through these uncharted waters we now face in the health insurance industry. This is by far the best insurance company I have ever been associated with.
Pros
The sky is the limit
Cons
you actually have to work
The Best Company To Work For in the USA
FTA (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I changed careers 7 months ago in May of 2016 to come work as a sales agent with USHA . I've been in sales my whole life so had some realistic expectations in the beginning of what my pay would be and starting from the bottom in a new industry. I never sold health insurance before but took the leap and sold my company that I was part owner of , making 150k+ per year for the last 7 years of my life to start all over selling health insurance and I know it was a crazy thing to do to give up a 6 figure income in the blink of an eye but I just saw the opportunity at USHA is like nothing else out there. I started out like a lot of agents and had a hard time adjusting in the first 7 weeks I only made about 2 pay checks for around $500 each. So obviously I was beginning to be quite nervous, but than I really sat back and audited my work ethic and my training I was receiving from the company on the daily calls (every day at 12 noon there is a region training call ) On these calls they alway speak about setting up your day , making the calls for prospecting and keeping it simple and basically don't try and reinvent the wheel. After really digging deep and realizing it was my self who wasn't making enough dials and was trying to do to much on the phone and not just keep things simple the way we were trained , I had a break through. I started really working harder and being more coachable and just mimicking the leaders in my region. To sum it up by just really listening to the training I received through management and auditing my own work ethic I ended up having an incredible 2016 and  more... finishing top 15 in the company in terms of sales . One of the main reasons I chose to change careers and get contracted with USHA was my buddies that were all already working for the company had such a passion for what they were doing and truly loved their job. After being at the company for 7 months I can truly see why, set aside the amazing commission structure and opportunity to make incredible money, the mission statement of H.O.P.E is shown to me every day by every person I work with all the way up to management and the leaders . Every person at this company truly cares about helping people and when you get the thank you calls and texts and hear from clients just say how grateful they are that we helped them find affordable health coverage and saved their families so much money every month it really makes the job worthwhile. This is the greatest company in the country and there is no other way to put it.  less
Pros
Commission Structure, stock options, oppurtunity for growth, work from home or office, free leads, training is A+
Cons
Can't think of any
100% comission
Account Executive, Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
The people and work culture are wonderful. Management is amazing and really cares about your success.
Work hard and you'll get out of it what you put into it.
Leads are provided.
300 calls a day to succeed required.
Tons of training and resources available for those willing to learn.
100% commission. If clients fall off after the sale is made they take the charge back from your next commission check.
incredible commission structure, make top dollar for the industry.
Flexible hours, definitely a plus.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 13, 2015
Great place to work in and a lot of potential to make big money. You truly earn what you put in. Make sure you have a reliable transportation.