USHA Employee Reviews

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work if you want a flexible schedule, people who work there will help you if you have any questions. Staff is fun to work around on a every day basis
Pros
make your own work schedule, make as much income as you want to make. Basically your business
Cons
You must built up clients to make money. You will need to give it some time to make money
Freedom but hard to get started
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  LAJuly 18, 2017
Good to get initial sales background. It takes a lot of time to get up and going since it is only commission based. You must find your own business, which if you succeed you can do well.
Great Culture Amazing Company
FSL (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 9, 2017
This company is by far the best company I've ever came across. The culture and values the company embraces are second to none. The mission of H.O.P.E (helping other people every day) is more than an acronym, it is manifested constantly.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
None encountered
Telemarketing Job
Licensed Health & Life Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2017
telemarkting job. Not much more to say. Nice enviornment. Company is supportive. compensation is good for commission sales. Its a sales centric company. the work is meneal.
Great potential, but......
Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
There is a great potential for making money, but in order to make good money your management has to be helpful, you have to be willing to possibly make no money for the first few months, and in reality you have to work harder than you ever did in order to make it. The products that are sold are good, but have some flaws that make it difficult to sell.
Licensed Agent/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Culture is outstanding. The leaders really want you to succeed! They will do all they can to help you succeed. It is hard work, however if you put in the effort you will succeed.
Pros
great training
Cons
commission only
excellent company to work for
Licensed insurance sales professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
great place if you want to have a career in insurance sales. The company fosters a fun and exciting atmosphere. The management team wants to see you succeed and be the best you can be. There is incentives to insure you stay on tract with your goals.
Pros
must be able to communicate well on the phone
insurance sales job
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 17, 2017
Job was primarily cold calling people to try and set appts to sell health insurance products offered by USHA. Schedule for job can be flexible or hectic depending on appts. Income is sales based, so no guarantee of income for hrs put in.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
No guarantee of any income regardless of effort or time working
Licensed Agent
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2017
US Health Advisors was a full commission type position. The company gave no leads or helped build client base and in my opinion was lacking leadership.
Great opportunity to achieve your goals with the flexibility and support of a great career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2017
I can't say enough about USHA! It's been an amazing opportunity. The leadership team in The Birmingham AL office has gone above and beyond to support me. Lots of hands on training, no cold calling, plus a great bonus structure. They really encourage a team environment. Best career change!
Pros
Bonus program, agent trips, flexibility to work around my schedule, hands on training
Cons
If you're not a people person this is not the right career
Good potential, moderate execution
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Work from home, cold calling. Leads are solid, but support structure is minimal. As a new agent, I need a little help, and was given the expectation that I'd have it. Not so much. For an experienced agent, who needs flexibility, this is probably a great fit. For me, I need experienced individuals that are easily available to guide me. Good pay structure, good people, not a good fit for everyone.
Satellite Manager (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Productive and fun place to work and yes we do have ping pong table as our conference table. Work hard to Help Other People Everyday find their way through these uncharted waters we now face in the health insurance industry. This is by far the best insurance company I have ever been associated with.
Pros
The sky is the limit
Cons
you actually have to work
I love this place!
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2017
This is the best of all worlds! Ethics, integrity, soul, value for the customer, purpose for the agent. Our mission of H.O.P.E. - Helping Other People Everyday - is truly emphasized by all leadership. I decided to obtain my insurance license when someone presented USHEALTH policies to me. I've had years of experience in the Healthcare industry and USHEALTH offers the most valuable, flexible, and innovative approach t…
Pros
Flexibility, self-employed, great pay, great leadership, great products!
Cons
This is hard work!
The Best Company To Work For in the USA
FTA (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I changed careers 7 months ago in May of 2016 to come work as a sales agent with USHA . I've been in sales my whole life so had some realistic expectations in the beginning of what my pay would be and starting from the bottom in a new industry. I never sold health insurance before but took the leap and sold my company that I was part owner of , making 150k+ per year for the last 7 years of my life to start all over selling health insurance and I know it was a crazy thing to do to give up a 6 figure income in the blink of an eye but I just saw the opportunity at USHA is like nothing else out there. I started out like a lot of agents and had a hard time adjusting in the first 7 weeks I only made about 2 pay checks for around $500 each. So obviously I was beginning to be quite nervous, but than I really sat back and audited my work ethic and my training I was receiving from the company on the daily calls (every day at 12 noon there is a region training call ) On these calls they alway speak about setting up your day , making the calls for prospecting and keeping it simple and basically don't try and reinvent the wheel. After really digging deep and realizing it was my self who wasn't making enough dials and was trying to do to much on the phone and not just keep things simple the way we were trained , I had a break through. I started really working harder and being more coachable and just mimicking the leaders in my region. To sum it up by just really listening to the training I received through management and auditing my own work ethic I ended up having an incredible 2016 and  more... finishing top 15 in the company in terms of sales . One of the main reasons I chose to change careers and get contracted with USHA was my buddies that were all already working for the company had such a passion for what they were doing and truly loved their job. After being at the company for 7 months I can truly see why, set aside the amazing commission structure and opportunity to make incredible money, the mission statement of H.O.P.E is shown to me every day by every person I work with all the way up to management and the leaders . Every person at this company truly cares about helping people and when you get the thank you calls and texts and hear from clients just say how grateful they are that we helped them find affordable health coverage and saved their families so much money every month it really makes the job worthwhile. This is the greatest company in the country and there is no other way to put it.  less
Pros
Commission Structure, stock options, oppurtunity for growth, work from home or office, free leads, training is A+
Cons
Can't think of any
100% comission
Account Executive, Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
The people and work culture are wonderful. Management is amazing and really cares about your success.
Work hard and you'll get out of it what you put into it.
Leads are provided.
300 calls a day to succeed required.
Tons of training and resources available for those willing to learn.
100% commission. If clients fall off after the sale is made they take the charge back from your next commission check.
incredible commission structure, make top dollar for the industry.
Not for everyone
INDEPENDENT HEALTH ADVISOR/SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2016
Not really for everyone, if you like a sales environment with people constantly breathing down you neck then maybe this is for you but not for me. Passive aggressive support and many people with bad intentions here.
US Health Advisors Chicago
Career Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
Weekly expectations change without notice. No flexibility in the schedule though you are a 1099 contractor. You are expected to adjust your schedule according to managements whims. Extra call sessions and weekend work scheduled. Push weeks require a minimum of 60 hours. They will use the example that a Navy SEAL will tell you when you think you are exhausted you need to reach down because you can still got an additional 20% if you try. Selling health insurance does not even come close to being a NAVY SEAL. If you want to work in a call center and make 350 to 500 calls a day you may sell a few policies a week, never felt a real sense of accomplishment. Just a lame sale job with a very hard product to sell. Upside free coffee and occasional lunch.
Pros
Free Coffee and Snack
Cons
Poor management, set schedule, call center environment
Good atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2016
They offer a decent amount of leads and training.You are able to occasionally work from home, but no more than a few times a week because of all the mandatory meetings and training's.
Best Career Ever
Field Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 11, 2016
I love this company and what it stands for. H.O.P.E. Helping other people every day! It’s exactly what we do. Great Money, Great Training and an awesome team of leaders and teammates. Training is the best in the industry and the money is huge! To be successful, you must come with a strong work ethic, good planning skills, persistence to win & a positive attitude. The culture is fun and inviting for anyone. Having the ability to work my own schedule and truly helping people while making a lot of money is the best part of this job. I wouldn't change it for anything and we have the best CEO in the industry. Getting through the first 6 months learning curve is the toughest part of the job, once you get past that... easy sailing!
Love this company and all of its leaders!! Thank You USHA!! :)
Pros
Great Hours, Great Money, Great Training, Great Leaders
Cons
Learning Underwriting
Excellent Team To work with
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102July 20, 2016
Awesome Training. Excellent Team! Great Incentives.Easy Access to Leaders. Continual Education. Leads provided free for the first 3 months. Constant encouragement.
Pros
Work from Home