USHA Employee Reviews

Hard Core Sales of Health Care
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Fixed-Indemnity Healthcare products were difficult for me to sell because I could not use the products myself, therefore I found it hard to sell something I couldn't even use.
Pros
Work Environment/Weekly perks
Cons
Sales job
Great Company - Last Career
Agent (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 8, 2018
If you are looking for your last career, this is the place! The culture in the GA Office is amazing.. I felt like part of the team on day one. The office is a positive enviroment with hands on training.

If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love!
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Great Products, Mission of HOPE...the list goes on. If you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!
Cons
I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. If you do not want to put in the time or work hard, then this is not the right career
Team Player environment!
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 6, 2018
USHA has been a huge difference maker in my life! I used to Bartend almost every night of the week. I now get to be at home with my husband at night, That in itself is amazing. The company has serious potential for growth, and it is a team environment. Everyone helps eachother.
Pros
Team atmosphere, fun, and motivating!
Captive agents we come and go
Licensed agent selling health/life coverage (Current Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 8, 2018
The company is a team player environment. We all build each other up and have fun at using games and contests to boost sales and bring a positive tone to the office.
Pros
Come and go
Cons
Captive agent
Ramp UP Time
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2017
Started with company as an intern and gradually learned the business. The average sales agent told me that it had taken them about 3 to 4 months to Ramp Up. I found that in my personal experience working with USHA to be true. Once you make it you are in and the pay is good.
Pros
Flex Work Hours
Cons
Ramp Up Time took about 3 to 4 months before making money
Network Marketing is NOT for everyone
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 19, 2017
Network Marketing is NOT for everyone. If you have employee mentality, don't even think about it, is not for you. Keep your "secured job". Employees are the first ones to be laid off.
Pros
financially independence with network marketing. No overhead as business owner.
Cons
Takes between 2 to 5 years to build your business as any other one.
Fun place, need to be driven
Agent (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PADecember 1, 2017
You can make alot of money but need to put the work in. Most people with negative reviews did not invest in themselves. You are given the tools and power to be your own boss and grow wealth.
Nice to work from home but stressful to get a sale.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 22, 2017
If they paid you a starting salary for a year until you get the experience that would take part of the stress off. Seasoned people didn't care, they just wanted you to produce so they could make money. I invested all my savings to get started and I am behind the 8-ball. I wish I never took this position.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No base salary commission only
Pyramid structure designed to benefit a few rather than all employees.
Licensed Health/ Life/ Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2017
High pressure sales company, no job security, production had to be weekly to survive, almost everyone I went through training with had no choice but to quit because it was 100% commission and not easy to earn enough money to get through the learning curb. Also, the managers do not care that new people were having to constantly be hired because they made money off our sales, a pyramid structure.
4commission based
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
very high pressure job
Commission Only
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2017
You pay a lot to get licensed and get NO help in learning how to close the deal for health insurance. Unless you have another source of income stay away.
review
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  usNovember 15, 2017
Commisson based, great job but if you don't work you don't get paid. The pay is good but again you are not salary, you only get paid based on what you sale
Love what I do
Sales (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 6, 2017
Bottom to top amazing leadership. Great potential for income and residuals. Work on your own schedule and get paid as much as you are worth. Its not easy, but extremely worth it.
Do not start out here!!
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 3, 2017
The only reason for anyone to start their insurance career here is if they are young and/or still living at home with no bills, or if you are a highly seasoned vet with at least 3 full months of expense money to be ready. The commissions are high, but underwriting is stringent and therefore the "target prospect" scope is extremely narrow. Narrow to the point of needing at least a 3 month cushion to ride on; IF the initial time of "getting up and running" can be gotten through, then it is an amazing team to work with.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
EXTREMELY narrow market - needle in a haystack
Toxic atmosphere
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Poor management never kept promises of free A leads lots of cold calling and wasted time on petty office politics. Leadership in Chicago was rated the lowest in the company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lots of cold calling dead leads
overworked
Advisor (Current Employee) –  tampa flOctober 23, 2017
80 hour work weeks plus 10 hours of driving a day is not worth any sum of money. The are some very immature people in the office. Although this place has unlimited potential is just very clicked up!
Unprofessional
Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Deceptive in hiring process, training manager was cut throat and not willing to go that extra mile to help new employees. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Stressful
Health and Life Insurance Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2017
Stressful job, because of the cold calling. Otherwise, you need to purchase your own leads. My manager was very good and fun to work for. If you are aggressive in sales over the phone, you might do well.
Pros
Some free lunches
Telephone sales solication
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Sold healthcare program over the phone. Shot gun approach and until you are licensed in multiple states your income is severely limited. Turnover is high
All promises were kept.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
All of the promises made to me during the recruiting were kept. Solid support system in place, positive culture, and friendly team to work with, they are family oriented.
Pros
In house live training.
Cons
Long hours.
No thank you
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It was just the most awful thing I've ever done. I don't want to type the requisite amount of characters so while you can technically make me i refuse to give you anything of quality.