USI Insurance Services Employee Reviews

Interesting and engaging work
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 11, 2019
I enjoyed working for USI full-time prior to my retiring. After retiring I was invited to return on a part-time basis.

My Manager was excellent. She understand that I was a very capable employee. I was dependable.

I managed a large book of Commercial Insurance non-profit business. I was able to work independently.

USI knew that when I was given an assignment that I would get it done in a timely manner.

Of all of my years working, USI was the bast place I ever worked.
Pros
Allowed to work independently
Cons
Experience differs from office to office
Account Manager - Community Associations Division (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 29, 2019
My office was not a typical USI office. We were sold to USI by Wells Fargo. The manager in my office had never been trained or taken any classes in how to manage people.
Great place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist/ temp position (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 29, 2019
I was only a temp but my experience was a very nice one. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice. Great relaxed environment. When things got hectic everyone chipped in.
Great Team Environment
Employee Benefits Account Manager - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2019
Only apart of the company for a year ans so far their initiatives are positive and support the mission the CEO has. Work life balance is a focus in additional to the tools to help our clients being beneficial for both client and USI Team.
Horrible management!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 25, 2019
They play favorites! Poor management. Lack of training. Good medical benefits. Good amount of PTO and good amount of holidays off! I wouldn’t recommend this place to work! They fire people left and right and talk to you like you are in high school! The amount of work is unrealistic and they think you are a robot!
Pros
Medical benefits and PTO
Cons
Supervisors and management
Usi
Employee Benefits (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2019
I enjoyed my manager and the culture they created but I did not care for the way USI treated their employees and I do not feel that the business decisions they made had the individual employee in mind at all.
Workplace Culture
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
Culture has gotten worse, and there doesn't seem to be any desire to change it. Don't have anything else to share. Not sure what else you are looking for here.
Look elsewhere if you want a long term career
Insurance operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2019
This company’s growth strategy is to buy up other companies and offer the other company employees incentive bonuses to stay on with USI but BEWARE once the book of business is assimilated into USI book the mass LAY-OFFS begin. No matter what is said about increasing workloads and working harder or overtime the jobs cannot be saved. Entire departments are eliminated. Many jobs are moved to USI corporate locations or worse yet even overseas to INDIA. The tech support for assistance with prior company software was very slow and not a priority even though the daily work was still being done in this software during the changeover to USI’s system. Many tech folks from old company were eliminated shortly after takeover. MICROMANAGING is the norm. Management is not knowledgeable of departmental work. FAVORITISM is rampant. NO FLEXIBILITY with schedule or work life balance if you have health issues or children. Most jobs do not offer work from home options. They offered no room for advancement. And once lay-offs began they didn’t even try to keep ANY employees by moving to other departments or offices. The HR department is very RUDE and uncaring and all contracts they send are purposely ambiguous. VERY STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT. Production metrics changed constantly and more than doubled in first year and so did the complexity of the work assigned. Meetings are numerous. Much of the ongoing training is via phone calls or online meetings where technical issues/sound quality problems were common. On the positive side coworkers were wonderful! On average the salaries are good but that was  more... simply because you kept the salary you had with your prior company. But if you are looking for longevity or growth from this company you will be disappointed. Start to look elsewhere for employment if your company is purchased by them!  less
Pros
Great coworkers, equipment up to date
Cons
Lay-offs are the norm, poor management, STRESSFUL environment
Good work life balance
Jr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 4, 2019
I don't have anything bad to say about this company. Good culture, good supervisors and good work life balance. They care about their employees. I don't have anything else to add.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Diffcult to express views about projects and to be succussfull with middle management. There is a culture of single threaded groups for projects and activites.
Pros
N / a
Cons
N / a
Fast paced changing environment
AVP Insurance Operations Consultant | HR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Changing environment allowed us to learn new skills relating to technology, systems and sales culture. Found it to be a challenging but in a good way. Stretched your mind.
Not good
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 29, 2019
This company overworks their employees. The only part of the company that kept me there as long as it did was the benefits. The HR manager is not credentialed and makes decisions that have no value. The payables manager has no management skills and does not know how to effectively manage. They run their business in Virginia like a dictatorship/plantation. Anyone with a strong presence and that is vocal is not the right employee for this job. They act as if you have no brain and can't think on your own. They hold the account managers that make the job extremely annoying accountable for nothing. They're unfair with salary increases. They tell everyone upon hire that USI doesn't give raises to brainwash you not to ask, however, they give raises to those they like....If I could give them less than 1 star I would.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Stressful environment to work at.
Insurance Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2019
After a year of working there, the company just started laying off people left and right. Was a very unstable work environment. Their standards for annual raises was almost impossible for employees to reach. Majority of employees do not get a raise.
Good place to get familiar with the business and then move on
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2019
This is a business run like a large corporation is: focused on numbers, management control of staff, favoritism, and profit. Its a good place to learn the business but not a place for someone who is career driven.
Fun work environment. Wonderful, helpful colleagues.
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2019
Lots of hard work, but worth it at the end of the day. Especially when I've been able to help someone overturn an outrageous medical claim. That brings so much joy to me and encourages to keep me going.
Great for if you can get in as an intern.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Manly focused on interns and new graduates. Older more experienced workers overlooked for opportunities and growth. Management not much help. Never promote within, always hired outside.
Not a good place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2019
The Company was very secretive and you always worried if you were going to keep your job. Very slow in responding to what procedures to follow. 40% of all employees do not get a raise every year. and any bonuses offered, the chances of getting the bonus is very hard to get as well.
Opportunities for Advancement But Not Raises
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 6, 2018
I have had the pleasure of working here for over 5 years, in three different positions during my career with USI. With each job promotion came an increase in salary. However, from a year-to-year standpoint, we don't receive raises within our job title.
We get bonuses once a year, but we have never received the full bonus due to some shortfall somewhere within the company. It feels like it's rigged against giving us bonuses. Last year, out bonus was less than 25% of what we expected.
Pros
Positive people
Cons
Acquiring Wells Fargo Insurance Services
Sales is not for me
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 4, 2018
The pay was wonderful at this job, however it was seasonal with no benefits. I overcame challenges I had with sales. I learned more about supplemental benefits than I had known before.
A cut throat place to work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GADecember 1, 2018
I would not suggest working they are to anyone it’s a cutthroat stab you in the back stressful working environment that I would not wish on my worst enemy.
Pros
Paid for holidays
Cons
Back stabbers