USi Employee Reviews

not good
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJuly 30, 2018
it has not been a good experience working here. the management is very poor and unfair. the work environment is ok. theres no benefits or nothing goof from this company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything is bad
Usi
Insurance broker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 3, 2018
I worked for USI for 5 years and initially held a position in the Claims department and later in Account Management. USI is a broker that has grown by purchasing other agents and broker firms. Depending on what office you work at for USI will depend on what mix of business they specialize in as the business is related to the firms acquired that make up the book of business handled by that office. Overall, I had a good experience working for USI and learned a lot about various coverage lines.
Pros
Excellant opportunity to learn multiple coverage lines
Cons
Limited growth opportunties for claims since the department is small
Review
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 23, 2018
little room for advancement, No salary increases
Very slow days, not enough work My dept has low production, not great work ethic amongst peers. I obtained my Producer license.
Great Organizational Culture
Employee Benefits- Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. The compensation and benefits were great and comparable to the market. Leadership definitely invested in their talent and encourage development and growth.
Upper Managemet is friendly
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 4, 2018
Great for Sales/Account Management. No room to move up or management push to assist in growth through the company for employees not involved in Sales.
High turnover
Senior Analyst - Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Not a good experience - conflicting messages from management. disconnect between departments, unrealistic expectations.
Talented coworkers, liked the team.
Cattiest Female staff I have ever been exposed to.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2018
Their in house computer system(s) is outdated and needs constant updates. Staff is reluctant to train. Company was previously a Mom and Pop shop and the staff does not act as they should at a Corporate office. HR came there my first day on the job. HR came all the way from Denver job to address the nastiness between staff. Two stools in the break room to eat lunch. They also make staff vacuum. I'm surprised we didn't have to scrub the toilets.
Pros
Keurig Coffee
Cons
Pay, Training, Management.
Boring
Test lab inspector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 25, 2018
Noisy dirty and dimly lit. Worker generally got along with their foremen and each other. Working nights was the worst part of the job. When I had day shift I dreaded having to interact with the big shots.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Hot noisy dirty and dimly lit
Good place and great to experience something new
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 4, 2018
Good job, learn new things, brush up on communicatoon skills, and great customer service skills. Learn how to deal with certain situations with customers who may be having trouble or causing trouble.
Pros
Discounts on meals, good hours, relaxing, 1-2 breaks depending on shift length
Cons
Can be slow day
Bad Management
Security Officer (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 24, 2018
I was a supervisor for 1 of their sights who was at the sight everyday. Instead of listening to my suggestion USI decided to listen to the client. When it was all said & done the changes that needed to be done got done after they let me go. Oh The changes they made??? The same I suggest. It really wasn't a good company to work for if you was looking for someone to see you as an equal when put in a position of authority..
corporate entanglements at its best and worst
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2018
utilized a formula for the sales process which does not fit everyone. extremely high turnover. high pressure for results, little to no cooperation in cross selling and service
Field representative
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 24, 2018
I did enjoyed the traveling and working on site. Meet a lot of wonderful people and most important was able to help a lot of employees understand their benefits.
A Relaxed Environment that Inspires Collaboration
Graduate Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 13, 2018
The job requires tutors to work collaboratively with other tutors as well as students to ensure that students receive the best possible outcomes of their work. The Writers' Room at USI was an open place that accepted everyone from all backgrounds to work there and receive writing help.
Pros
Heavy collaboration, open environment, wonderful helpful coworkers
Cons
low pay, lack of oversight at times
Worst Place Ever/ Full of Unprofessionalism
USI Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  VAJanuary 24, 2017
There is no room for advancement here. The work load is too heavy for what they pay you. And they do not give pay raises. You get a yearly bonus of $1000 every year (IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS) which they tax 40%. Every person in a position of management displays a severe level of unprofessionalism. The turn over rate is EXTREMELY high and I would not recommend anyone to work here. They do not train properly and I didn't learn anything new.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy pay, poor management
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYDecember 1, 2017
I would definitely recommend working for USI Northeast. The company cares about employees. The culture is very professional with lots of opportunity for employee development.
Pros
Employee development, great hours, great culture
Production worker/leadman
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Rock wood TnSeptember 3, 2017
Good company to work for low hours and low pay good benefits easy quick learning company family first is a good thing in this company not enough hours or pay to support my family was offered a raise never seen it but was promised
Pros
Good team/company
Cons
Hours and pay
Inefficient, overwhelming, underpaid, undervalued with little to no growth
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2016
I have been at USI for over 2 years, in that time period I have seen an exponential amount of turnover. I have seen people who have dedicated years of their careers to a company that has proven time and again, loyalty means absolutely nothing. They pay you far under the normal amount for the position and then give you a workload of 2-3 people.

The people around you are amazing, and the only reason many of us have held on to our positions. Management is a mess and communication is even worse.
Pros
The account managers and producers around you
Cons
Pay, management, lack of growth potential, lack of communication, lack of support from HR & management
Steady work place
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I was hired as a multi- state P&C licensed sales and service agent. Provided service for multiple insurance companies. We had to keep up with multiple state and carrier updates. In August I was moved in to a different role that was more of a data entry position after my department was laid off. The team is great to work with and we have a wide rage of knowledge levels of the P&C world.
Pros
Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
Cons
No room for growth and no overtime.
Relaxed office environment with casual Fridays.
A/P, A/R clerk & Account Manager for Payroll (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJNovember 17, 2011
I enjoyed working for USI they offered vacation, sick/personal days and medical benefits. I handled Accounts Payable and helped with the Accounts Receivables. After 4 years of doing Accounts Payable I moved to the Payroll department and started processing Payroll which wasn't much of a challenge. After 3 years I decided to move on to a more challenging career.
Pros
christmas grab bags and breakfast club on friday.
Cons
staying late to process payroll.
Construction Superintendent
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 26, 2016
Second time working for this company, so very happy that I no longer work there. Great benefits, decent salary but mandatory 10-12 hour days and also every other Saturday. Company employ's known racists and in general just don't want to get out of they're truck. Really wasn't upset about getting let go. The only thing that upset me was, I was let go 3 days before I was going to quit.
Benefits
Cons
Management, required working hours.