USi Employee Reviews

Upper Managemet is friendly
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 4, 2018
Great for Sales/Account Management. No room to move up or management push to assist in growth through the company for employees not involved in Sales.
Boring
Test lab inspector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 25, 2018
Noisy dirty and dimly lit. Worker generally got along with their foremen and each other. Working nights was the worst part of the job. When I had day shift I dreaded having to interact with the big shots.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Hot noisy dirty and dimly lit
not good
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJuly 30, 2018
it has not been a good experience working here. the management is very poor and unfair. the work environment is ok. theres no benefits or nothing goof from this company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything is bad
High turnover
Senior Analyst - Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Not a good experience - conflicting messages from management. disconnect between departments, unrealistic expectations.
Talented coworkers, liked the team.
corporate entanglements at its best and worst
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2018
utilized a formula for the sales process which does not fit everyone. extremely high turnover. high pressure for results, little to no cooperation in cross selling and service
Review
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 23, 2018
little room for advancement, No salary increases
Very slow days, not enough work My dept has low production, not great work ethic amongst peers. I obtained my Producer license.
Good place and great to experience something new
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 4, 2018
Good job, learn new things, brush up on communicatoon skills, and great customer service skills. Learn how to deal with certain situations with customers who may be having trouble or causing trouble.
Pros
Discounts on meals, good hours, relaxing, 1-2 breaks depending on shift length
Cons
Can be slow day
Usi
Insurance broker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 3, 2018
I worked for USI for 5 years and initially held a position in the Claims department and later in Account Management. USI is a broker that has grown by purchasing other agents and broker firms. Depending on what office you work at for USI will depend on what mix of business they specialize in as the business is related to the firms acquired that make up the book of business handled by that office. Overall, I had a good experience working for USI and learned a lot about various coverage lines.
Pros
Excellant opportunity to learn multiple coverage lines
Cons
Limited growth opportunties for claims since the department is small
Great Organizational Culture
Employee Benefits- Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. The compensation and benefits were great and comparable to the market. Leadership definitely invested in their talent and encourage development and growth.
Bad Management
Security Officer (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 24, 2018
I was a supervisor for 1 of their sights who was at the sight everyday. Instead of listening to my suggestion USI decided to listen to the client. When it was all said & done the changes that needed to be done got done after they let me go. Oh The changes they made??? The same I suggest. It really wasn't a good company to work for if you was looking for someone to see you as an equal when put in a position of authority..
A Relaxed Environment that Inspires Collaboration
Graduate Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 13, 2018
The job requires tutors to work collaboratively with other tutors as well as students to ensure that students receive the best possible outcomes of their work. The Writers' Room at USI was an open place that accepted everyone from all backgrounds to work there and receive writing help.
Pros
Heavy collaboration, open environment, wonderful helpful coworkers
Cons
low pay, lack of oversight at times
Cattiest Female staff I have ever been exposed to.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2018
Their in house computer system(s) is outdated and needs constant updates. Staff is reluctant to train. Company was previously a Mom and Pop shop and the staff does not act as they should at a Corporate office. HR came there my first day on the job. HR came all the way from Denver job to address the nastiness between staff. Two stools in the break room to eat lunch. They also make staff vacuum. I'm surprised we didn't have to scrub the toilets.
Pros
Keurig Coffee
Cons
Pay, Training, Management.
Field representative
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 24, 2018
I did enjoyed the traveling and working on site. Meet a lot of wonderful people and most important was able to help a lot of employees understand their benefits.
Good People
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Co-workers were great. Very helpful when I needed help solving an issue. Enjoyed working with the insureds on the various accounts I handled. Nice building.
Steady work place
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I was hired as a multi- state P&C licensed sales and service agent. Provided service for multiple insurance companies. We had to keep up with multiple state and carrier updates. In August I was moved in to a different role that was more of a data entry position after my department was laid off. The team is great to work with and we have a wide rage of knowledge levels of the P&C world.
Pros
Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
Cons
No room for growth and no overtime.
hard work, long days, traveling alot
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Marksville, LADecember 18, 2017
You clock in and work full 12 hour days, every 14th day you are off. I learned alot about OSHA safety standards for industrial workplaces. It was quite a workout everyday. Paid well, hard labor.
Pros
High hourly pay
Cons
Away from home and family
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYDecember 1, 2017
I would definitely recommend working for USI Northeast. The company cares about employees. The culture is very professional with lots of opportunity for employee development.
Pros
Employee development, great hours, great culture
Poor managment/leadership
electrician, carpenter, or general construction (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 9, 2017
I set up programs for the seniors, cleaned the facility, made coffee for guests, fixed problems on the facility ie: bathrooms, steam rooms, drained pools and cleaned and treated them.
stressfull work place
spray foam applicator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Mangement is horrible at dealing with issues. The supervisors talk behind your back to other employees if they dislike you. Favoritism is Big with this company. If the bosses don't like you be prepared to get low hours and very low pay
Pros
traning is free
Cons
pay for ur own tools, they promise alot n give nothing
Laid back and fun creative place to work
Audio Text Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
If you have an open mind and can be creative then this is the place for you. Especially if you desire to work from home and choose to work when ever you want.
Pros
work from home
Cons
there really are non