USMD Employee Reviews

Drama and awful management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 12, 2018
Most awful management. No sense of order or guidance. They favor employeese.
No compassion for personal life or children.
Stressful and overwhelming job and no help given.
Under vauled.
That place will end up going to s*** unless big changes happen.
Pay sucks.
Pros
Sweet doctor
Cons
Poor manager
Ok
Training specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
USMD is a nice place to work. There are some things that need to be ironed out so everyone can feel comfortable at their job. It's somewhat hard to advance at USMD, even with a degree you may not qualify.
Mgmt does take personal interest in employees
OR/Diagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 4, 2018
No job is perfect, grass is greener there than other places ive seen. The position is what you make of it. Less politics than bigger hospitals and management is readily accessible. Physcians and surgeons try to take into considerations employees input and implement action plans that help aid employees in career growth and compensation. As with all places its a process but more immediate than most places ive worked. My opinion great place to work!
Pros
Small hosp/ close knit friendly atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes can be too small \ no level 1 trauma exp
Poor
Patient Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 2, 2018
They should be closed immediately ; Poor work environment, very unsanitary work place.Mgt. show favoritism. Cannot advance unless you kiss up to poorly trained supervisors. Maintenance of the building is poor.I wouldn't recommend a dog working for their so called call center.
Mediocre
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039March 26, 2018
I loved the actual work that I did. However, the compensation was terrible. I started in mid 2014. Got a partial .10 raise. Next raise wasn't until March 2017 which was .10 as well. It wasn't just me. All of the employees encountered the same problem. Too many management changes.
Pros
I loved what I did
Cons
Too many changes and not enough pay
Immediate coworkers are great to work with; it's the c-suite (Directors) workers that need to be replaced
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2018
This hospital (Fort Worth) has a very high turn over rate and I didn't realize why until I was there the first 3 months of my stay. "Upper management" is very disrespectful to subordinates in ways you wouldn't imagine. The culture there is TERRIBLE; Directors lie and stab their own employees in the back; human resources act as if they care and are taking action against concerns brought to them, but it's the total opposite; tenured employees are allowed to disrespect other employees without being reprimanded. There's lots of talk/whisper about this hospital closing very soon; which in turn has deceased morale, so you can imagine how the atmosphere is working there (TERRIBLE). The company has been bought out many times within the last couple of years, so I would not be surprised if the doors to that hospital close soon. Human resources needs to open their eyes and see where the problems lie with specific employees and get rid of who needs to be gotten rid of; but that more than likely has not happened because human resources is part of the problem as well.
Pros
Benefits (PTO, work/life balance, health insurance, dental, etc..)
Cons
Everyone in management (Directors, Ceo, etc...) are the worst
satisfying
LVN (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMarch 6, 2018
Overall the experience was satisfying. The phone system was less than adequate which made patient satisfaction low. The doctors where pleasant to work for and the employees were like family. The previous supervisor got promoted which left a hole in the office that was not replaced. I tried to inter transfer multiple times and unable to. The best part of working here was the close knit of the employees. Very team player and hated to leave but had to move on.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
phone system
Very productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 12, 2018
This company was a good company to work for. They cared about the health and well being of there employers and they paid there employers health benefits
productive environment and group oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Working at this establishment was a blessing, every day is a learning experience and management was very authentic. The doctors and all the staff were very friendly, and they were always willing to teach accordingly. I was able to advance and learn a lot from my experience here.
Very stressful
LVN Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This company is very unorganized and although they boast that they care about the employees I seriuosly doubt it. They are alwys short staffed across the board.
No structure
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton County, TXDecember 30, 2017
At the beginning it was fine but know the company is falling apart. Poor management, under staffed, overwhelming, over worked and no management support. I do not recommend
Pros
pay
Cons
no structure, very high employee turn over
Not a good career move
Sr. E-Learning developer and trainer (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 18, 2017
You work with individuals hired to do a job with no professional experience, managed by someone with no managerial experience. There is no vision nor forward thinking. It seems management shoots more from the hip rather than plan for success.
Team usmd
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2017
So far so good. The staff is friendly. The patients are nice as well. Every team has its up's and down's, that's normal, but my experience has brought more great days than bad and I can see myself there for a long time.
Productive-fun place to work
Help-Desk Assist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed my two and a half years working for USMD. I'm sad to go but I know that they will continue to be successful.
It is a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Free occasional lunches, awesome managers
Not worth the money
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
USMD Fort Worth has no set rules and a click of long term employees run the show. Extremely hostile environment, backstabbing and the administrative assistant the worst of them. Everyone tells on everyone else for any reason. Don't be drawn in by money; there is a reason they offer so much
Pros
Free lunch Wednesday
Cons
Hostile environment terrible insurance and PTO accrual
It is okay
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Not worth the hard work you put in. The pay is not that great considering all of the hard work that goes into the day to day. It could be better but there is change coming
Stressful
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I don't recommend this place only due to the management. The company over all is not structured. They do not have the correct people in place to successfully thrive in the business which causes a high turn over rate
Lack of management vision allowed for interdepartment chaos
RN CLINICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2017
When management doesn't have a clear understanding of what is expected or a vision of what to achieve, the folks who work underneath are left to figure it out. Often to opposition of the leadership. The culture is paranoid about job security, which leads to infighting and back stabbing among employees. Information sharing is discouraged because everyone is so fearful of their jobs being taken including management. Made it impossible to achieve any real work. In addition, there is a tremendous amount of psychological profiling in situations that don't call for that much over thinking. Do the job, quit overthinking.
Pros
mileage compensation
Cons
employees, management
Overall great company.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 22, 2017
Overall great place to work, it is close to home, but they do not give raises. There is no advancement in the company. The principles of the company are good.
company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2017
Company is starting to focus more on senior care and about the numbers meaning (money) not an employee driven company. Poor management. Great Bonuses,
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
poor management