USO Employee Reviews

Poor Management
CENTER OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Direct Management was poor and under qualified to lead. We were treated as children an unable to make schedule changes to fit our needs without approval .
Great place needs better management
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034December 3, 2018
work is easy enough I love it. Who I work with is great. Pretty much the only thing I don't like about this job is the pay because of all the other things we have to pay downtown. The parking isn't too bad but its not free, no paid holidays, and I suggest to get different benefits from somewhere else. The management at my worksite is well structured but the management higher up isn't up to par. The job is enjoyable enough but the details about this job aren't so great.
Pros
relaxed, medium breaks, schedual, 40 hours
Cons
benefits, pay rate, unpaid parking, unpaid holidays
Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 9, 2018
Being able to be a part of welcoming home our Military personnel is the most & best rewarding job I have had the honor of being a part of. Saddest part was them having to leave!
Pros
Welcoming Military Home
Cons
Having to watch our Military leave for battle.
Volunteered for work expierence
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 31, 2018
help with different events, was the face at the front desk at the USO Center, served Lunch during rush hour.
Volunteering helped me gain expiernece in customer service.
Cant wait to volunteer
Volunteer, Current (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2018
The coordinators are easy to talk with. I can not wait to be able to volunteer and help at the airport. Hoping my transfer will be done soon and I can finish up the orientation.
Rewarding Job
USO Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Loved volunteering here. Would love to work for the company in Washington DC. Met lots of people. Makes you feel good about what you are doing. Lots of fun people.
Boring Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  KoreaJune 23, 2018
No feeling of accomplishment. Always waiting for someone on the team to make a mistake so they could dismiss them.

The organization does a good thing for service members, but it should do much more.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 16, 2018
The USO was a great place to volunteer. I enjoyed my time there because it was such a hospitality-based position, and I enjoyed interacting with people. My favorite thing to do was check in guests and do the front office tasks.
Fun Loving Place
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 28, 2018
A typical work day is signing in soldier and their family member to utilize any thing we had to offer. I would prepare daily food, drinks and snack for all guess. In this Job there was nothing had you come into an atmosphere where everyone always has a smile on their face and are ready and willing to help you in which ever way we can help you.
Pros
peaceful environment, all the free amenities.
na
Vice President, Pacific Region (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 4, 2018
so it don't have any coments to provide at this time. its is pretty much a buyer beware is all I can say - more about the money that taking care of troops and families. I would put them in last place compared to wounded warrior
Fun work place, Had games and food, mostly relaxed with no problems
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 22, 2018
It was a great working environment, where everyone has fun and things are always nice and calm. Most of the work included just handing out snacks or making sure that things stayed neat and tidy. Management was always nice, and relatively civil. The hardest part of the job was definitely taking orders around during rushes and cleaning up after big rushes, but the happy atmosphere and the nice time with my coworkers was worth it.
Pros
Free dinner, we got to watch movies or play games if there was extra free time
Cons
No bathrooms nearby, we also had to deal with many people who had trauma or mental health issues.
Center Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2017
The USO is an organization that is there to help military members and their family. Since I have ben there, I have seen first hand how members of the armed forces are taken care of.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Walker, KRSeptember 26, 2017
I volunteered here for a year and it was a fantastic experience. I got to meet many people which became both friends and business partners. I'd recommend this experience for anyone
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Fun workplace great people nice customers great pay with the opportunity to make A lot of money and connections in a short amount of time I would work there again
Great Job!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2017
I would recommend working for the USO, if you can afford too. Everything about the job is great, except the pay. I do not have one negative thing to say, besides the pay.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Office Space, Training, Location
Cons
Pay
great organization
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2017
great organization glad am able to help them volunteer organization that supports military service member families and retirees by providing comfortable place to rest and other programs
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people
Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 24, 2017
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people in the facility. Plenty of variety of duties within the office. Various projects available and performance positively recognized by the employer.
Fun Enviroment
Transition Coach (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2017
The environment is very fun and the people that I work with are amazing. The job is to assist military personnel and their families prepare for post military life. It can be a demanding job because people really are looking for you to assist them in moving on with their civilian life.
Productive and relaxed work setting
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2017
Workplace culture was enjoyable and relaxed, we were able to complete many tasks, accomplish many goals and provide exceptional customer service and assistance to service members and their families.
Serving the military and their families
Orientation and Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Travis Air Force BaseAugust 11, 2013
Amazing volunteer position. Serving the military and their families. Trained and coordinated all volunteers and their duties on a day-to-day basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight