UST Logistical Systems Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 15, 2018
Great place to work! UST really cares about their employees. They have clear goals and mission statement. I love the way they give to their community.
Repetitive reports, horrible client, ask about the turnover before you take the job
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2018
The company is bad, the client is horrible. The client managers do what the want and interfere with the delivery management..... so it's confusing who you actually work for.

UST managers are not only micromanage from the upper management in the company, they are micromanage by the client managers which is absolutely crazy.

The reporting interferes with your ability to manage the teams and get work done so you end up working from 7a.m. until 8p.m.most days if not longer. You have to work on your off days to keep up.
For all of your hard work and extremely long days, all you are ever told is that your work is subpar. Nothing is EVER good enough for the DVP. The owners do nothing to control the poor management of the DVP.
The contractors are treated as employees so the upper management wants you to contract teams that aren't aware of their rights as subcontractors.
Pros
You meet some nice people
Cons
DVP and reports high turnover
The job that is sold to you is a facade. Unless you work in headquarters, you are not supported
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2018
The DVP let's the client managers and employees run the 3PL. The location managers and contractors are not treated with respect thus the very high turnover. The independent contractors are treated as employees although they are supposed to be independent. The owner does nothing about that. Managers are micromanaged and inundated with repetitious reports that don't make sense to anyone except the DVP who is extremely OCD.

The pay rates have also been lowered for management and are not comparable with the industry standards.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to have a life outside of work. The number of managers that survive even a year with the company is very low and has been. Even the regional manager turnover is high. Ask during your interview.
Pros
It's a job..temporarily
Cons
Micromanagement and treatment of managers
Believe the warnings here!!!
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 3, 2018
I have a bad problem giving companies the benefit of doubt when I read bad reviews. THAT WAS A MISTAKE HERE! As a location manager, you will work 60-70 hours a week. YOU WILL BE CALLED, EMAILED, TEXTED on your days off. You technically won't have a day off.
The company will expect you to pay for office supplies and employment ads and wait for reimbursement.
Pay is way below standard.
They have an annual conference, they schedule it on your days off and expect you to attend it and fly you in for it.
If you love stress and exhaustion, this is the place for you! Nobody lasts in this position! RUN, LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE SAID IN THEIR REVIEWS! RUN FAST!
Cons
They will never keep managers with this poor treatment
Location manager (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Managers are not respected. The managers' pay continues to go down while the hours required go up. Days off are not respected. Poor treatment over all.
Pros
Poor treatment of people
Cons
I learned
An Excellent opportunity for a strong manager
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 28, 2018
UST Logistics was a great opportunity for me. I was able to advance with the company quickly and I enjoyed the family I established. The only issue I had was the company was not stable and layoffs were frequent throughout the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No direction from upper management, layoffs frequent
fun place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waco, texasJuly 19, 2018
I liked working here in dispatch. Not enough work. Management was kind, but young. Top management was available to anyone. This was a contract job with Conn's. Conn's manager with service worked well together with us.
Pros
hours
Cons
laid off, no work.
Do your research..then RUN..FAST
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2018
If you have a family and want to spend time with them, this is not the place. If you want to work long hours in a company where nepotism reigns, sign up. The reputation is true. You will do much better to get an hourly job somewhere else.
Cons
Very long days and it never gets better
Great company
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
Great CEO- really passionate about what he does. Benefits are good. Salary is not really competitive for the industry. Overall great company to work for though.
Awesome Vision and Great Work Enviorment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Loved the company. Loved the leadership and the mission. Unfortunately the client is was working with was going out of business and they cut a lot of cost that effected us. Then new management and a reshaped division made things different. I was offered another job just down the street making more money.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Poor Client

Want to know more about UST Logistical Systems?

Ask a question
Very stressful long hour and they controlled most of the time. You make some money but it's equal to a regular job.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 5, 2018
They will take your money run away fast worst company to work for. If you not sucking up to your supervisors you will have a hard time. It's a hard job. The claims are crazy they fight nothing.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours.
Good temporary place to work
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Hardest part of job is dealing with delivery drivers. Management doesn't give you much training. If you are wanting a support system then this is not the place for you. Dealing with clients is pretty simple. Take care of them, and you hear no complaints. I wouldn't recommend you wanting to have a tenured time as an employee here.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement, no support, E3 is not the way
Upper management doesn't care about it's employees
Assistant-Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2018
I was running 2 locations after my area manager left, and after asking for a pay raise the company pretty much dismissed my request as well as added on to list of duties and tasks I was already performing. I was in love with the company the first year and a half I was working but that love slowly started to deteriorate after we got a new Divisional vice president.
Not a place to work if you have a family
Assistant Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 13, 2017
The lack of support from area manager is ridiculous, instead of doing and following procedures on how we're trained ,he would change it depending on the way he wants to .... Which isnt right , they cover up numbers to make the non productive percentage look better for the upper bosses! What's right is right and wrong is wrong.... He never answers your calls unless he needs you to cover for him while he is out of town or whatever! Interview was great they sold me on the work at home ... Don't believe it , it's not what Ust promised... If you do work from home they will write you up ! Regardless they need to step back and look at how they cover up , and try to cheat the numbers !!
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Dealines are unrealistic, no days off really at all, phone always rings even when your "supposedly off the clock, pettiness, talking behind everyone's back, you will have to be friends or buddie buddie to get anything for your hard work, dishonesty, pay isnt worth it when you work 70 hours a week ...
Company doesnt balance the recognition of efforts
Multiple Locations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to spend with family. As manager you basically have to work 7 days a week. You have to be available late evening hours.
Pros
Expenses refunded inmediatly
Cons
Stressful job
More than just a job
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
I have worked "jobs" at many companies in the past, but UST was different. The opportunities presented were something that I could work at and grow into a career.

UST provides a fast paced challenging career. You will get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Fast Paced, Time off including sick days and family days, family environment
Cons
Because things move so quickly sometimes in this business proper communication is constant work
UST is a great company to work for
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 1, 2017
Supportive atmosphere from the top down. Day to Day operations of overseeing personnel and directly with client and customers. The support is great and responsive to help you succeed on any task
high past enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
on the phone with multiple driver at a time talking to customer sending out drivers out to customers home with there delivery correctly. the hardest thing was being able to do your job high speed and dealing with customer.
Right Idea, Poorly Executed
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 17, 2017
Try spending a little more money and intentionality with your people; it might help the number of people you turn over. Good leadership mixed with poor leadership never balances out positively.
Good company to work for
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2017
I am very happy with the career move to UST! It's a "family" enviroment and everyone is supportive.Great core values, and the executives really seem to care about individual development successes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UST Logistical Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6