UT Health East Texas Employee Reviews

No communication between management & employees, no raises
Revenue Cycle Coordinator, Denials specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 22, 2018
The company recently was bought out by another company and the morale has gone down. When I first started working here it was a wonderful work environment and positive.
Pros
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Cons
Lack of communication between management & staff
Used to like my job
Revenue Cycle Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 30, 2018
I used to like my job when it was ETMC, now you are not even 15 minutes of overtime. I have a supervisor who is never around. Everything is based on productivity numbers and not the quality of your work. I am only here until I find another job somewhere else.
Benefits
Cons
Management, salary, no room to advance
Face paced work environment. Public service to the community.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXApril 16, 2018
Enjoyed working with the public, and being a public service to the community. Learned about more software on the computer systems and really enjoyed it when our records went electronic. Enjoyed working with the nursing staff and providers there. Had a good working relationship with everyone.
Near the end of my career, all of the staff were removed except for myself and the demands of other departments and facilities were added to my daily routine which made it very challenging. I learned a lot there through continued safety and educational classes that were mandatory. The part of the facility in which I worked was an older part that needed much improvement in which the company did not seem to have the funds for. Therefore, there were many days of being uncomfortable due to not having climate control, etc.
Pros
Wonderful food prepared in our cafeteria, good hours, great benefits.
Cons
Having various departments job duties added to my job on a daily basis, which made it very hard and stressful to deal with.
Clinical Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 24, 2018
Fast paced care setting with patient care as top priority. Advancement opportunities are available for those that work hard and are dedicated to the company vision.
Benefits
Productive paid training
Patient Financial Counselor (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Center, TXJuly 10, 2018
Poor management. I self attained all the courses necesary to get a raise and still didnt get it. there is no culture. I learned about medical field applications
Pros
insurance
Cons
no raises
Company undergoing transition
Staff Nurse LTAC (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 10, 2018
ETMC is and has been an decent place to work. The days are long but satisfying in a patient care environment. Management is undergoing a complete transformation and transition after merging with the UT/Ardent system, The most enjoyable part was working with the patients while the hardest part was the hours.
Pros
Set schedules, salary
Cons
long hours and increased documentation
Great benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great benefits but offer no merit increases. I enjoy the patient interaction. Hardest part of the job is there are a lot of people in management positions that aren't on the same page as to what protocols need to be in place.
Great team of people
Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 7, 2018
The team at ETMC is a wonderful group of people. The hospital has been sold to Ardent Health Services as of March 1, 2018.
With the acquisition of the health system the hospital will have the ability to purchase much needed equipment and raise salaries for the bed side care givers.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The hospital system is in turmoil at this time due to new acquisition
Good place
PRN Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 30, 2018
The lab bosses are kind and considerate but salary are way below compared to the other hospitals in the area.
It also a busy hospital, the only level 1 Trauma facility in East Trxas.
Best job ever!
Clinic LVN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I began working at ETMC right out of nursing school in the clinic. It is the best job I have ever had! I learned so many new things each and everyday. My boss was productive, friendly and easy to get along with. I made friends that I will never forget. I would recommend this job to anyone and I hate to leave but I have accepted a new job that allows me to be off in the summers with my children. I am going to miss ETMC so much but plan to work still on a PRN basis so that I can maintain my skills and clinic experience. If you want a great job, with great benefits, great hours, and a great team - this is the place to be.
Pros
experience, Pto, teammates, administation, cafeteria, etc.
Cons
frequent pay freeze's

Want to know more about UT Health East Texas?

Ask a question
Overall work experience
Lead Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 5, 2018
It was a good company to work for competitive salary.
They have a great continuing education programs for the employees
Provided uniforms to employees
Good Health and dental plans
They have an up to 3% matching retirement plan
Pros
Continuing educations furnished uniforms
Cons
Management could have kept the employees more informed
Worst ever management
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I worked at an ETMC facility for a Company named Hospital Housekeeping Company. I never worked for a worse company. They offered holiday pay but would make you take off to keep from paying you. If you worked a holiday, you would be payed for the hours you work with an expectation (according to their written policy) of requesting a day off with pay at a date of your choosing. Raises were promised and never given. District managers coming into the facility taking the few supplies provided. I reported the Assistant District Manager for drinking on the job and was terminated two weeks later. They used to make the facility supervisor work off the clock to keep from paying him overtime. I had to file a complaint with the labor board to receive all of my final pay which took about 5 months to finally collect.
Pros
The hospital staff was friendly and respectful
Cons
The most unprofessional and lying management ever.
easy place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 29, 2018
the company has been on a raise freeze for years so no matter how hard you work , no raises its also impossible to grow within the company! management is ok but they seem to only look out for themselves... I love what I do simply because I love helping people but the company and its benefis could be better
good work enviroment
Hospital Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 22, 2018
great place to work allows for advancement good benefits fast paced and relaxed at the same time. fun environment with great coworkers and management was fair
Pros
good job for young person
Cons
fast paced when busy
Daily
EMT-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Benefits and pay were above average. Management was redundant and firm believers in micro managing. Supervisors excellent. Co-workers were outstanding but complainers. Excellent training provided by the Company. Local FD and PD were excellent and worked well with EMS.
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 8, 2018
Needs to provide employees with parking close to where they work and not blocks away. Also needs to give raises and not cents per year every year .. in years there is not raises then the next it should be double
fast pace, patient oriented
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 20, 2018
good communication, fast pace, good management, good benefits, patient oriented, employees work together no matter what department, high patient acuity
If you're older, forget it
We Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 27, 2018
Once Ardent took over, just about everyone in my dept was let go. And if you were over 40, you were gone. They didn't even let us finish out the work week, or even the day. I was laid off on a Thursday, right after lunch. I seriously doubt I'd ever work for them again.
Pros
Good insurance, if you pay for the better one.
Cons
Sick time comes out of vacation time, poor management, no hope for adavancement, to many brown nosers and better than yous.
Good education, mostly encouraging to new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2018
Sometimes high nurse-patient ratio, frequent low number CNAs for patient census. Good charge nurses who appeared to care about teaching young/new nurses. Management present but not always aware of dynamics on unit. Great place to develop skills and learn how to handle difficult patient situations.
Pros
Great charge nurses
Cons
Limited management involvement
Poor management, pay freeze for multiple years.
RN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 25, 2018
Poor Management, VP of clinics has no leadership ability. No communication about changes, roles within organization. No incentive to work hard with pay freezes for last few years. They eliminated a lot of positions within clinics and dumped work on employees that already had too much work. Poor customer service. HR department does not respond to complaints.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, pay freezes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Health East Texas. Our community is ready to answer.