UT Health East Texas Employee Reviews

Good old boys
Lead Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 24, 2018
If you're a good old boy, and you've rubbed shoulders with the teal bleeding brown nosers at ETMC EMS, then this job is for you.

You'll work with some amazing people on the field crews, but if you like to be micromanaged when droopy dog gets bored then have fun.
Improving
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I have worked at UT Health Tyler for almost 2 years and it's getting better with Ardent in charge. I can feel and see a major difference. They are concerned and very attentive to detail of employees and patients.
Pros
Leadership is improving
Good place
PRN Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 30, 2018
The lab bosses are kind and considerate but salary are way below compared to the other hospitals in the area.
It also a busy hospital, the only level 1 Trauma facility in East Trxas.
Used to like my job
Revenue Cycle Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 30, 2018
I used to like my job when it was ETMC, now you are not even 15 minutes of overtime. I have a supervisor who is never around. Everything is based on productivity numbers and not the quality of your work. I am only here until I find another job somewhere else.
Benefits
Cons
Management, salary, no room to advance
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TXJuly 13, 2018
A typical work day varies from day to day. Somedays I am very busy some days not so much. I learned how to do CT while at this facility. My supervisor is great, and I get along with my co-workers.
Great benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great benefits but offer no merit increases. I enjoy the patient interaction. Hardest part of the job is there are a lot of people in management positions that aren't on the same page as to what protocols need to be in place.
Was an alright place to work
Patient access (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 16, 2018
This place was definitely a stepping stone, but overall a great place to work. I would recommend ETMC to anyone in the area looking for work. Its been a couple years but I'm sure management is just as nice as they use to be for me.
You have to be in the click
LVN (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXMay 5, 2018
I have worked both areas from hospital to clinic, they are currently being bought out.. Management is terrible, There is no room for opportunity here!
laid back friendly enviroment
Payroll Specialist/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXMay 3, 2018
Enjoy working with people in office. Stress free environment, great manager and HR team. Coming to work was enjoyable and without delay. OT minimal but when needed no questions as to the amount of time. Will miss it here and people but things happen new companies take over happens all time. Respect company decision and will always honor it.
Pros
able to charge lunches using badge, mileage reimbursements
no appreciation at all
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 27, 2018
I was a hard worker there, the area that i worked the older nurses did pretty much all they wanted while the newer nurses paid either having to do call or work extra
Poor management, pay freeze for multiple years.
RN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 25, 2018
Poor Management, VP of clinics has no leadership ability. No communication about changes, roles within organization. No incentive to work hard with pay freezes for last few years. They eliminated a lot of positions within clinics and dumped work on employees that already had too much work. Poor customer service. HR department does not respond to complaints.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, pay freezes
LVN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 20, 2018
Working at the ETMC Urology clinic was very rewarding. I loved getting up and going to work each day. Not only was I in the home based clinic but I had the opportunity to travel to outreach clinics.
Fast pace yet fun and relaxing environment
Precertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXApril 20, 2018
Became very close with the ladies that I work with, always smiling when we walk in and out of the door. Everyone gets along. We enjoy luncheons together and sometimes dinners after work hours.
Face paced work environment. Public service to the community.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXApril 16, 2018
Enjoyed working with the public, and being a public service to the community. Learned about more software on the computer systems and really enjoyed it when our records went electronic. Enjoyed working with the nursing staff and providers there. Had a good working relationship with everyone.
Near the end of my career, all of the staff were removed except for myself and the demands of other departments and facilities were added to my daily routine which made it very challenging. I learned a lot there through continued safety and educational classes that were mandatory. The part of the facility in which I worked was an older part that needed much improvement in which the company did not seem to have the funds for. Therefore, there were many days of being uncomfortable due to not having climate control, etc.
Pros
Wonderful food prepared in our cafeteria, good hours, great benefits.
Cons
Having various departments job duties added to my job on a daily basis, which made it very hard and stressful to deal with.
Great team and awesome work with patients
Case Manager post acute referrals RN (Former Employee) –  1000 S. Beckham Tyler, TexasApril 16, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for ETMC. I gained new knowledge in the field of case management and enjoyed the opportunity to help patients in this capacity. Sadly, my division of post acute referrals was basically deleted. Many great nurses and ancillary employees lost their jobs due to the Ardent takeover.
Pros
Good hours and great pay.
Cons
A lot of walking was involved in going floor by floor to visit patients needing assistance
Night Shift
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 10, 2018
The manager rarely visited with the night shift other than to reprimand us. The environment was cold. Politics played a huge role. Coworkers are wonderful and pull together as a team.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, Politics
Family atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quitman, TXApril 6, 2018
Continued employment..;..................................................................Like the people I work with. Doctors are attentive to staff. Management is hands on for the most part
Overall work experience
Lead Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 5, 2018
It was a good company to work for competitive salary.
They have a great continuing education programs for the employees
Provided uniforms to employees
Good Health and dental plans
They have an up to 3% matching retirement plan
Pros
Continuing educations furnished uniforms
Cons
Management could have kept the employees more informed
poor working conditions and management.
Helpdesk Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 3, 2018
poor working conditions and management. Worked there 5 months and had maybe 10 sentences exchanged with my manager. Call centers in India have better work environments.
easy place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 29, 2018
the company has been on a raise freeze for years so no matter how hard you work , no raises its also impossible to grow within the company! management is ok but they seem to only look out for themselves... I love what I do simply because I love helping people but the company and its benefis could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Health East Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about