UT Health Science Center at Houston
67Average

UT Health Science Center at Houston Employee Reviews

United States377 reviews
Student complaints about prohibited behavior by consistently rude employees are dismissed, or completely ignored, or swept under the rug. Protectionism by staff supervisors for long-time favorite underlings, at the expense of students.
Pros
Wonderful students and faculty
Cons
Protectionism by staff supervisors for long-time favorite underlings.
Dynamic company that does value community. Mostly communicates well and mostly shows they value employees and patients. Goals and direction seems hazy at times.
Pros
Longevity, benefits and great coworkers.
Cons
Confusion from leadership and rival directorships
UT Health is a good place to work as long as you are in the clinical departments. Don't move to the administrative departments, the clinical departments have much better management.
The work/life balance is great at UTHelath. From my experience the job security is also excelllant. Most people that have worked at UTHealth grater then 10 years have reitired from UTHealth.
This is a volunteer position which I enjoy a lot. I am able to work very autonomously but there is always someone available to answer questions and assist as needed.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I ve been working here for one year and I liked it as people are so friendly and management ate flexable and respectful. The payment rate is fair compared to the same job in other places.
I enjoy doing my residency here! It has good balance and my boss wants us to have the best experience possible. Importantly I know I will come out a very well trained physician.
UT is a good place to work. There is a issue with those that become managers, like having power complex. Other than that, benefits, flexibility, and work environment is great..
This place has great medical benefits. The job is very secure and fair. The environment is very warm and welcoming. People tend to stay there for a long time.
I worked as a research assistant doing computational biology/bioinformatics in a genetics lab. My experience was great, but the jobs offered through UTH are many and varied so each person's experience may differ. It seemed that most people I saw at UTH were happy in their roles, though.
People are very friendly over there and support each other
Give a lot of room for self-development

Flexible daily schedule

People respect each other and been treated fairly
Poor management, management can't train you on any of the job duties required by employee, hostile work environment, retaliation on employee, speaking out of term in office setting, and favoritism. UT is all politics the chair of the department I worked in could care less about anyone outside of the doctors. The director and manager is the reason behind the huge turnaround in certain departments.
I love working here in my field as a Standardized Patient Instructor. The environment and dress code is casual. I am treated with respect from my colleagues, managers, medical students, and doctors
My experience was nice, a lovely place to work . Unfortunately the pay was not good at all. But when it came to order and structured was really well. Really flexible hours understanding to staff who were going to school. And over all to everyone, welcoming as well.
Good and really not amazing
Facilities available

Pay is not attractive

No further room to improve

More political to uplift the people

Time is flexible
A typical day of work was well balanced and the patient schedule flowed well. I enjoyed the work environment and working as a state of Texas employee. The day was always productive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Very political. Advancement is based on who you know. This results in accumulating mediocre people who bring down overall quality of the institution which should be at the helm of innovation.
My transition from in-office billing, coding, and collections claims followup job responsibilities, to remote home-based was ideal for increased performance outcomes with fewer office interruptions. Although, due to CBO force reduction and new Administrator, my remote position was eliminated due to an acquisition merger.
I love my job here but the growth within the company is difficult to obtain. The manager is my department lacked experience and got her position because of the people she knew. Loved her but felt like someone with more experience would have been beneficial to our department.
I learned the true meaning of incompetent management. The culture is a sweatshop and management does not care that turnover is high. Hands down the worst workplace I've ever encountered.
Really great place to work, I enjoyed the people i worked with. Also, to me working with the great people would make my date go by really quick and i as able to get help on anything i worked on.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Health Science Center at Houston. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight