UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2018
There are certain managers at UTSW that know how to use the disciplinary system to move out the employees that are not their favorites. If an employee is not "telling" them what's going on in the department, then they are RIF'ing the employees. UTSW should listen to the employees when they report such activities.
Pros
fringe benefits
Overall
Training and Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
Good place to work great benefits and opportunities to learn. The company is trying to take care of their employees. The culture is very team oriented.
Benefits
Great place for experience
IRB Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
I definitely have learned a lot working here. My manager is fair and always willing to help. What I view as the biggest challenge is holding various departments accountable. You can tell there has been a history of things being done a certain way and that being accepted as just the way things were at the longest. That not only stagnates progress, but sends the wrong message to people that are willing to go the extra mile that their commitment doesn't hold the same weight as others.
Pros
Team building, educational opportunities, birthday celebrations
Cons
Lack of accountability for external teams, lack of innovation in training
Utsw
Clinic Staff Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2018
This is an extremely fast paced company to work for. The environment can be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a patients day better.
Favortism is not illegal but it can be detremental
Aya Healthcare Registered Nurse Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
UT Southwestern provides amazing healthcare to the community it serves. UT Southwestern is an environment where its not what you know but who you know. If you are liked by the "popular clique" you will excel if not you will not. This environment is where I learned what NOT to do as a leader.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work involved staying busy providing exceptional administrative support to engineers, designers and the Renovations Assistant Director. Management was deadline driven to accomplish projects in a timely manner. Workplace culture consisted of providing outstanding results. Careful attention was given to the consideration of the individuals they hired. Jobs and customers were always rapidly changing and we as a group adapted to the daily changes.
na
Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
productive place to work with a casual atmosphere. schedules r easy, staff is great and management is very understanding when problems arise. the hardest part is when other staff is out and the workload is heavy and the most enjoyable part is when everyone is present and the workflow goes smooth
productive workplace
Unit Coordinator - Cardiology Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
Not enough opportunity for growth, but the workplace and coworkers are nice and easy to get along with. Everybody helps each other out. The benefits are amazing, the only place I've worked at where the insurance has been so good.
Review
Medical Claims Analyst/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2018
This job was a very great job, if I did not have to relocate, I would be still there. Management was great, worked with you. Provided customer service to patients and physicians and other departments. enjoyed working there.
Has potential but...
Division Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2018
I think this organization has potential but culture is what killed things for me. It's not a the best place for innovative/forward thinkers unless your doing medical research. People aren't typically open to change. The organization is making strides in the right direction but some deeply rooted culture changes are very much needed.
Excellent work environment.
Assistant Vice-President Equal Opportunity (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2018
A great working experience at the premier institution for medical care, medical education and research. The home of six Nobel Laureates and an environment that stimulated the best in all areas of the medical field.
Senior Accounting Clerk
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Daily I completed the Daily Cash log using Excel and was able to improve my Excel skills. I enjoyed my team and the management was fair to all. They were open to ideas from the staff.
Benefits
Cons
workload
poor management
Clinic Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
I loved working for UTSW until management was changed. There was no opportunities for growth in my department, unless you were favored by then manager.
3need help
‭ ‬Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
the company need a lot of help the pay is not good at all they turn over is high they dont listen to they worker and they keep you from moving up they have a lot of things to work on
Great place to Work
Support manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
UT is a great place to work great employee benefits fun friendly people managers are willing to help you with any question you may have and provide you with the learning tools to get your job done
Good Hospital
CMOA (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXApril 16, 2018
Overall good hospital to work for but not at off site clinics, to much drama at the clinic locations. Management needs some work, there seems to be some hostility in that area.
Department
Material Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2018
The department was okay, but the management staff was horrible. Doesn't want to hire people that are more than capable of doing the job and willing to work.
Associate Director, PMO (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2018
UTSW is a great place to work, however, employee relations is no help with terminating employees, compensation department does not want to pay market salaries and has too much power.
EVP's are all about power grab, so creates a very political environment.
Pros
benefits, pension plan, vacation accruals, quality
Cons
upper management at organization is all about power
Full of them self
Director of Network Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2018
It's not a great place to work. It runs a lot like a non-profit would. (It is).
Parking sucks and they are behind in tech. I wouldn't work there again.
Pros
Not many
Cons
too many
Fun place to work, learned a lot
Clinical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2018
Utsw was a fun place to work. I worked in the clinic. My manager there was very cool. I hated to leave but the pay was not worth the work I was assigned to do. Overall, UT is a great company to work for. I would definitely go back and recommend to friends and family.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
More work than paycheck, overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably