UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Safe
Manager - Health System Operations (Current Employee) –  Health System OperationsJuly 16, 2018
It's a safe place to work....but thats it. At UT Southwestern, it's hard to grow because the University is completely dispirit. Nothing is connected. It is highly political.
Nice accommodations for work and breaks
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at UTSWMCD. I was always treated fairly and the people were pleasant to work with, very professional. Management was good to their people and knowledgeable.
Family
Sr. IRB Coordinator - HRPP (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
I’ve found my career and the folks I’ve worked over the years seem like family. We work hard but take time to celebrate the wins both as a department and as an Institution. There is a definite focus on helping others which adds value to the work I do.
Pros
People
UTSW is a cutthroat work enviroment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
UTSW is a good place to work for. job work/and life balance could be difficult to deal with. Excellent benefits, great pay and job security. Management is that of any other company.
It is a great place to work with great people.
Jack Boles Valet (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
It was a great place to work but didn't have much room for advancement seeing how we were contracted in. But the employees of UT Southwestern seemed to be very nice and happy there.
Stressful Place
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
I don't understand how one person can get promoted for a position when that management can't keep same staff under belt for longer than a year. A good clinical manager understands everyone's role incase they need to step in to help. Apparently NOT at UT.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management (HR does nothing)
Rigid workplace
Financial Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2018
The workplace is rigid, silos in the process and limited growth opportunities. Managment does not encourage diversity of thought.
Employees are job security minded and do not share infornation freely. The place has a major opportunity and potential for improvement.
Productive, but also department friendly and department fun activities
Asset operations technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
It’s a great place to work great people to be around never have angry or negative people around to deal with! Also you have great time when the job throws a little fun Friday or something of the sort!
easy but pay was horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2018
My experience at UT Southwestern was good. Only things i disliked about the job was this it was very political. promotions was fixed.Pay was horrible. but benefits are great
Nice place to work
Senior Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2018
Management was very nice and trained well in my area. I can't speak on other departments or divisions.Training was offered and well taught. I would love to go back.
UTSW is the best place I've ever worked!
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
Genuinely great place to work. Able to learn new technology. Great people. Good benefits.
MD and PhD clients, great Principal Investigators and resource Coordinators.
Great management, emphasis on quality.
Great co-workers who really care about excellence.
Pros
Super clients
Cons
Funding instability
Great Place to work
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
This place gives you the opportunity to learn new things. With the vast campus and thousands of clinics to manage, you have the opportunity to learn new things. I go to work everyday expecting to get at least 1 new problem that needs to be solved giving me the opportunity to learn something new everyday.
Great Benefits
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
Learning about new challenges and being able to have a solution. I was greatly appreciated with the program I implemented. You are able to meet all kind of people from different cultures from around the world.
Great place to work, great benefits
Sr Admin Assis- IACUC/Research Admin (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2018
The best thing I love during my tenure with UTSW was the culture. I loved meeting new people and leaning their cultures. You met doctors and scientists from all over the world.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Too far to commute
love this job
Moving Attendant/Floater (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
had been trying to get on here for years and i do mean years.i filled out about 15 apps for this company and finely got hired in 2018 since then ever thing as been great
Pros
sky is the limit
Cons
must be a hard worker
Exciting Place to work.
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
UT Southwestern has a friendly environment from the patients to employees. I loved meeting new people as well as creating a happy visit to what could be a stressful environment.
not enough pay
Animal Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2018
not enough compensation for the work the employees were asked to do. not enough proof of job advancement , false promises and the managers were poorly chosen
Great organization
High Reliability Simulation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
My Supervisor has been the best Supervisor I have ever had. She always wanted to see me succeed and has become a Mentor to me. Besides my one bad experience with a fellow coworker, overall, everyone here is incredibly supportive and friendly. HR!! They are the best!! If you ever get a position here, please make an appointment with them and learn everything they have to share. The benefits are also amazing! There are always resources for improving your skills as well. I hope to find another position soon within UTSW, as I resigned almost two weeks ago from my current position.
Job Summary
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
This Job could be ten times better if the Supervisors wasn't so much of a smart mouth and wouldn't have to lie about certain things to get employees to stay in the department.
Pros
One hour lunches and you can have head phones in
Cons
Supervisor
good
Research fellow (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
When UT Southwestern Medical Center and Texas Health Resources joined forces, providing access to a comprehensive range of services and quality care weren’t the only motivating factors. It was you. By combining the strengths of one of the nation’s preeminent academic medical centers and one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, our organizations are on a mission, simply put, to make healthcare better – from primary care to the most advanced treatments available for complex health needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably