UT Southwestern Medical Center
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from UT Southwestern Medical Center:

UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States910 reviews
I absolutely loved working at UTSW-St.Paul. Had the circumstances been different I would still be working there. I totally saw my self retiring here. The only negative comment come from management. At the time my department was under a lot of pressure, too much to where our great manager resigned. That being said we were left to mange ourselves for almost a year!
Work
I don’t think the company has a strong culture. Lack of accountability and do what ever concept and have a human full a space without really providing quality work is depressing. So the chances for me to advance or that they will see or support my contribution is questionable.
Wrong Place
I was recruited to come to UTSW from working at a great company that I traveled with every quarter. The first month I was there I realize that I made a horrible mistake. The company I left to come to UTSW I was making way more money and less stress. The department that I was in very horrible. UTSW has great benefits that is all. Horrible place if you are trying to learn no patience for new people.
Cruel
Worked in animal research facility. Cruel to animals. Overworked for little pay. Management was rude. Not understanding or flexible. Got a red flag on attendance after missing work from a car accident.
Great co workers
Great co worker nice lady supervisor work harder an no one notice you little paying short lunch breaks i ever hardly take 15mins break other than that im fine doing my work
Pros
30mins lunch
Cons
30min lunch
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Excellent place to work at!
I am ao glad I applied and got accepted into UTSW best hospital I have worked at! Great benefits if FT, and management is great! Sometimes a bit short staffed but just like any other hospital! Pay is OK. Would def come back to work with them again!
MSRDP billing department needs better positive working environmentment
Worked for UT Southwestern in various roles. Moving to MSRDP, the central billing office, was the worst. Very punitive environment and policies constantly changing. HR did not fairly treat employees or management. Disappointed in leadership for not being more engaged and taking responsibility in some instances.
excellent benefits, great place to learn
This is a position with great long term benefits, retirement package, and vacation/holiday benefits. You do feel a part of something bigger. I challenge anyone who is looking to grow in your field to apply here.
As long as you do your job , you have no issues with management.
There is long term , retirement feel type of environment . It encourages you to study and pursue your goals . There is almost every area of healthcare and administrative work you can do there . So internal Job transfer Are always available
Dipende dal laboratorio
L'esperienza dipende dal laboratorio dove ti trovi. Più grosso il lab, e più importante il tuo capo, più lavoro, responsabilità e opportunità. Il lavoro che faccio `e bellissimo e la gente con cui lavoro sono tutti grandi ricercatori. Mi sento veramente contenta di essere parte del laboratorio di biologia molecolare.
Excellent benefits
Its a great place to work depending on the department. The university offers lots of classes to help you. Very team oriented overall. The overall environment is awesome
Overall good, depends largely who you work for.
Good work staff culture overall, however poor reporting systems caused several task be be extraordinarily difficult. Complex reporting environment. TRS Pension and benefits are excellent.
Glass ceiling
Management is never on nurses side, unsupportive. Managers have favorism. There is glass ceiling. Once you start your job you will realize they have lack of diversity in leadership levels. Highly stressful, mostly unhappy.
Research driven facility
There are some truly exceptional people there. There are various work experiences available, as well as the opportunity to participate in research. There is a wide variety of educational opportunities available, and they strongly advocate further training.
Great Hospital
I enjoyed working here. Most of the people are very respectful and willing to help. Management seems to have a cloudy vision when it comes to people advancing in their positions.
Intellectually stimulating and friendly environment
Great management and workplace culture. Met with my supervisor on a daily basis and learned a lot from colleages. Everyone is friendly and professional.
Diversity but too much favoritism
There's a lot of diversity at this institution, however there is a lot of improvement that needs to be done concerning management. There is a lot of managers that treat some workers better than others do to favoritism. There are a lot of people that work here but don't really have a strong work ethic so it makes the hard working people have to work even harder. If management would step up and start showing equal opportunities to all employees based on their work ethic and not on how much they like them then this would be a great place to work at.
You are not appreciated at all
If you wanna be treated badly by management.. If you wanna be told daily that you are easily replace.. If you want to be underpaid go to work at UT Southwestern
Enjoy Innovation? UT is the place for you!
In my previous job, I struggled with management being supportive of my innovative ideas, At UT, innovation and creativity to improve patient care is highly encouraged. UT is an excellent place to work!
Very high acuity CVICU
I cared for a diverse cardiovascular population. We had patients that were awaiting heart transplants, heart transplant patients, LVAD patients, lung transplant patients, patients waiting for lungs but too sick to be discharged. Learning was never ending! UT provided all types of learning opportunities which I enjoyed greatly! Loved the environment but husband got a travel job so I had to seek other employment for my family.
Fast paced, seems like a revolving door, techs come and go
Careers advancement, tuition reimbursement, 5 floating holidays, med insurance first day. no sitting allowes. No micromanaging. Paid parking. Meeting every day. Clean and organized closing procedures
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight