UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Featured review
UT Southwestern Medical Center selected this as a representative review
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2018
great place to work and grow!!! here at they promote growth and provide a positive working environment for all of the employees. I have really enjoyed my time at UT and is looking for more great years there.
Poor Management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
I'm a seasoned floor technician of over 20 years and I was railroaded out of my job by an inexperienced unprofessional Supervisor. My Supervisor fabricated statements as a reason for my termination, once I presented documentation proving it was all lies, the HR rep for the department then phoned me to make up a different reason I may have been terminated. Wow how crooked, why was this not listed on my termination form, because there wasn't a reason it was all personal. The Housekeeping department is treated horrible here and that entire department needs to be revamped.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible Management
It was a secure job.
Patient Intake Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
It was a secure job and I appreciate the position while I had it. However, there was little to no room for advancement. Primarily I left because of the location.
Pros
amazing team work
Cons
patient sickness
N/a
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxNovember 1, 2018
I don’t recommend this place. Management is the worse the only good thing about this job is benefits. You can leave your department there isn no room for growth.
Enjoyed meeting people from all over the world doing research.
Adminstrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Each work day was a variety of duties to fulfill. I've learned scientific words doing research manuscripts. The group of administrative ladies I worked with became family. I really miss them. Management was stressful. A lot was expected from each of us. I guess this made us stronger and more attentive. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fellowship from each and everyone from the department. I miss them dearly.
Pros
Free lunches; excellent retirement plan; medical; life insurance.
Cons
Stressful job; no allowance for mistakes.
Advanced medical experience
Registered Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
For a nurse looking for advanced experience, it is a good place.
If looking for a fast paced environment, not quite. The long tern nurses maintain job security by eating their young.
Pros
Advanced medical experience
Cons
Older nurses chase off new nurses
I love UTSouthwestern!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
There are pros and cons, however, if you don't like where you are working, you have THOUSANDS of jobs you could choose from! The options are endless! I enjoy the work environment and the people, but there are always the mean managers and the even meaner employees.
Pros
1 Hour lunches, GREAT benefits, many jobs to choose from, a lot of training courses online, and many more!
Cons
some managers can be very rude, takes a VERY long time to get an interview, it takes even longer to go from temp to hire
Advanced health and safety department
Environmental Health & Safety Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
UT Southwestern is at the forefront of technology when it comes to Environmental Health and Safety. The EHS department is dynamic and on the front line of public health and disease prevention.
Benefits, GREAT!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
UTSWMC is a great company overall. I feel great coming from there, but some of their management style was not in agreement with me and therefore I had to move on.
Stay away from MSRDP
Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
If you want to be micro managed then this is the best department to work. Management shows favoritism, management lies, and the position that you’re hired in will be the complete opposite in what you’ll be working. HR doesn’t support the employees, they cover up management wrong doing. If you speak your opinion on the department operation you will be labeled as aggressive, argumentative and unprofessional and the target will be on your back. The only way to advance is by brown nosing. If management don’t like you, they will prevent you from posting out. MSRDP is stress overload.
Pros
Benefits are unbeatable
Cons
Micro management, discrimination, favoritism
Excellent health care and great place to work!
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Working at UT Southwestern was a great experience. The environment was progressive and positive. You are acknowledged and rewarded for excellent service. No matter your age or position, you are always growing and learning at UTSW. Many opportunities, great leadership!
Pros
Many opportunities to grow!
Cons
Parking!
Great work environment
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Ability to learn something new everyday.
Supportive environment.
Great culture.
Ability to have tuition reimbursement and opportunity to grow within the dept.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
N/a
Loved this job
Registered Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I loved everything about UT Southwestern. It was a teaching hospital so not only did they teach new Doctors but they took the time to train and teach the staff new things all the time!
I love this place
Quality Assurance /Account Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I love this place. Wonderful people, plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement at this facility or its subsidiaries.The location is great!
workplace
MSRDP Medical Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work (some depts are micro-managed).. have to be very multi -tasking and a fast learner. This job was a very great job.. Management was great, worked with you. Provided customer service to patients and physicians and other departments. enjoyed working there. enter denials. The salary is ok as you really don't get alot unless you transfer to another department
Pros
team work, excellent benefits
Cons
Lack of Communication
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
great place for new grads, good learning facility, great benefits. enjoyed working with the other people there. fun new technology. Hours are ok, management ok.
Toxic
CDM Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
UT Southwestern (MSRDP) The billing department is very toxic
Management micro manages there employees. No structure. No motivation. When you have employees whom work for the company 15 or more years and they leave stating they refuse to work under these condition. It speaks volume. Moving
from desk to desk is a continuous thing. There focus is more on watching you than getting billing issues resolve. I have work in the industry over 20 years and never seen anything like this......
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
No structure
Love Transplant Technian Role
Transplant Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2018
The team I worked with is amazing. if I didn't have to relocate I would never leave! The job is very interesting and you learn a lot. This was a PRN job while working other full time jobs so a lot of the questions asked didn't apply to me. However, I think the full time employees aren't appreciated like they should. They don't make enough but if you work hard you stand to make a lot!
Pros
Loved the team and the work is interesting
Cons
Other major cities pay way more for the work than we do in Dallas
What you learned
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
By working at UT Southwestern Medical Center for 16 years I have gained a lot of customer service, patient care, scheduling experience. In my last job I got hands on Medical Insurance experience which was Hectic, challenging but exciting.
Pros
Enjoyed excellent Benefits
Cons
Supervisor Issues
Admitting Representative
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
provide excellent customer service to our walk-in facility, greet patients on a daily basis, complete face to face registration with patients, & insurance verification.
Great people to work with
Surgical Team Member (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
The staff is amazing and they know many specialties. It would be hard not to get along with staff. They have many specialties and great doctors. The treatment of patients is awesome.
Pros
Helpful and very respectable.
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight