UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Registered Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I loved everything about UT Southwestern. It was a teaching hospital so not only did they teach new Doctors but they took the time to train and teach the staff new things all the time!
I love this place
Quality Assurance /Account Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I love this place. Wonderful people, plenty of career opportunities and room for advancement at this facility or its subsidiaries.The location is great!
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
great place for new grads, good learning facility, great benefits. enjoyed working with the other people there. fun new technology. Hours are ok, management ok.
Toxic
CDM Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
UT Southwestern (MSRDP) The billing department is very toxic
Management micro manages there employees. No structure. No motivation. When you have employees whom work for the company 15 or more years and they leave stating they refuse to work under these condition. It speaks volume. Moving
from desk to desk is a continuous thing. There focus is more on watching you than getting billing issues resolve. I have work in the industry over 20 years and never seen anything like this......
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
No structure
Love Transplant Technian Role
Transplant Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2018
The team I worked with is amazing. if I didn't have to relocate I would never leave! The job is very interesting and you learn a lot. This was a PRN job while working other full time jobs so a lot of the questions asked didn't apply to me. However, I think the full time employees aren't appreciated like they should. They don't make enough but if you work hard you stand to make a lot!
Pros
Loved the team and the work is interesting
Cons
Other major cities pay way more for the work than we do in Dallas
What you learned
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
By working at UT Southwestern Medical Center for 16 years I have gained a lot of customer service, patient care, scheduling experience. In my last job I got hands on Medical Insurance experience which was Hectic, challenging but exciting.
Pros
Enjoyed excellent Benefits
Cons
Supervisor Issues
Admitting Representative
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
provide excellent customer service to our walk-in facility, greet patients on a daily basis, complete face to face registration with patients, & insurance verification.
Great people to work with
Surgical Team Member (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
The staff is amazing and they know many specialties. It would be hard not to get along with staff. They have many specialties and great doctors. The treatment of patients is awesome.
Pros
Helpful and very respectable.
Cons
No cons
Very political
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2018
The job wasn't hard and he people were easy to get along with. The hard part is the politics and agendas of upper management. really wish they cared more for their employees.
Pros
free lunch, easy access
Cons
short breaks, no advocate for the employee
Education coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2018
This place could run so much smoother if the management would get aligned. There are plenty opportunities to get involved with your interest, but the management of your actual task get lost in translation because of poor communication.
Depending on the position, it could be a great place to be.
Chief of Staff and Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
Current administration is not as open and forthcoming with goals and objectives for employees. This makes it less desirable for people to come to work. Those involved in patient care don't feel there is enough support to see all of the patients that need to be seen in a day.
Horrible Management
Office Assistant/CLA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
Management in anatomic pathology is horrible. Favoritism, reverse discrimination, bullying happens daily. HR does nothing to help. This department has gone through supervisors like crazy. The only employees that are rewarded are the ones that cause the most trouble. Major compliance issues which was reported and covered up. Stay far away from this company.
Benefits
Cons
To much to list
N/a
RESEARCH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
I choose not to write a review because I don't have anything to say about the work environment that would be beneficial to a current or prospective employee.
Great experience in multiple surgical specialties
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Working at UT Southwestern Medical Center gave me vast experience working with patients from a diverse populations with a wide range of surgical specialties.
EVS Department Review
OR Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
I work in the EVS Department and as far as management there is a lack of communication. Staff in the office even tell or blurt out your business in front of other employees whichh is very unprofessional. They also show favoritism.
Great medical school
Human Resources Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
This medical center has a great medical school. As an employer it has very good benefits however the communication in a big employer as this one at times can be difficult or the lack of it, can make it burdensome for employees.
Great Institution
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2018
This institution is an amazing place to work for. Knowing that you're part of an institution that is currently working on developing cures to many illnesses and show genuine care for patients.
Productive and fun work space
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I liked working at UT Southwestern because they hire quality people. I had two amazing managers that taught me a lot. They pushed me to try different things which helped me learn a lot. I definitely gained knowledge working there.
Ethics
Team Lead of Account Adjusters (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
The job is awesome. The company is great to work with. The only pro is I was in the wrong department. They allowed bullying and discrimination. The ours were awesome, you could come to work anywhere from 6am-9am before you were considered late. Training was awesome. Management communication was lacking always.
Pros
basic job
Cons
management and ethics and pay
Administrative Assistant to VP
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Helped VP with calendar, scheduled meetings, correspondence, mail, telephone, filed reports, travel, reimbursements.

Learned a little about Grants and Contracts.

Management was good

Culture Good

Getting to work, due to long commute with a lot of traffic.

Enjoyed working with everyone in this department.
Pros
Enjoyed co-workers and upper management
Cons
Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight