Utah First Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fairly simple and easy to pick up.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 27, 2018
It is a good enough job but for anybody that has rent or a family it is very low pay compared to other banks and credit unions for similar positions. It is fairly easy to move up in the company but many of the procedures can seem very inefficient.
Great company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 12, 2017
They do a great job of taking care of their employees. Good opportunities for advancement, great annual parties, and good work environment. I would recommend it to anyone!
Excellent company
Vice President, Corporate Development (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2016
This is a great place to work. Everything is very progressive and forward thinking. Goal- and results-driven. A relative small organization that acts like a much larger organization.
Uplifting workplace with a strong emphasis on being a team
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work includes answering phone calls, resolving concerns, offering products that will be significant to customers, balancing drawers, and running dozens of different types of transactions. I learned much about the financial realm and much more about cross-selling and treating members in a way that will lead to their loyalty. Management was one of Utah First's points of excellence. The Branch Manager would sit down with each employee individually and discuss goals and skills the employee wanted to achieve to help them advance and obtain better positions and salary raises in the company. The management always made it known that there was room to grow and excel. My co-workers and I were all very close. We called ourselves a "branch family" because inside and outside the branch we really were looking out for each other. The hardest part of the job was starting and getting into all of it because there's a whole new language in the financial world that I wasn't familiar with previously, but I learned quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know members (customers) personally and seeing them light up because you remembered their name or, after exceeding their expectations for what we can help them with, hearing them say "I love this credit union! You guys are the best I've ever seen!"
Pros
Managers willing to be flexible when things come up in your life, holidays and weekends off
Amazing
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2016
The best company to work for!!! I am so happy here we are just having to relocate. I would work for Utah First for ever if I could