Utah State University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
A good place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 23, 2018
As there are every were there are good people and bad people regardless USU is a best place to work. I have enjoyed working for Electrical and computer Engineering department.
Worked with great people and learned a lot while working there.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 19, 2018
Enjoyed the people that I worked with. They worked on papers, documents, booklets etc. that helped educators teach children better, and also ways to be a better parent. I liked learning different concepts that could help me in my future.
App Camp
App Camp Mentor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 3, 2018
Quick and easy- I took this job as a summer camp and was able to be rehired the next year as a mentor. The camp was fun to do and the supervisors were very helpful.
part-time position
Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 23, 2018
I work part-time for the Utah State University Extension office. I was very fortunate to get this job as it was mostly made up to help the home economist to answer phones, give classes and be there in the office to answer questions.
Pros
I was able to use my college education
Cons
Funding ran out.
Utah State University Review
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 21, 2018
Utah State University was a great experience. I was able to work at a university with a strong academic and athletic reputation. I was able to work in a great environment with awesome co-workers.
A great place to be
Spanish Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Utah State. I was able to grow so much by working as a teachers assistant and it helped me get a better feel for what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.
Productive and fun workplace
Concessions Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 9, 2018
I made and sold concessions to people. It was fast paced. We received a break for dinner, which was nice. We also set up and put down our tents. We cleaned our dishes as well.
It's a 4 AM janitor job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 3, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you can stand getting up at 4 am every morning. Management is fair and very willing to work with your schedule as long as you show up fairly consistently and do your assigned task.
Relaxed student job with flexible scheduling but poor compensation
USU Surplus Sales PC Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 3, 2018
I gained more hands on experience and knowledge about various computer systems while working here. The management in our department was some of the best I've ever worked for, however the assistant director refused to change our job titles or pay us a reasonable wage for the work being completed. No raises were given in the three years working here and other companies with identical positions pay double starting out. I initially got the job to work around my school schedule and I enjoyed how flexible it was. The hardest part was not having enough replacement parts or resources available to complete some of the repairs required of us. The most enjoyable part was having the freedom to work and make informed decisions with little to no supervision.
Pros
schedule flexibility, decision making freedom, relaxed work environment
Cons
extremely poor compensation, no raises, limited hours
Great Place
Academic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2018
I worked in the Housing and Residence Life Department, and felt that everyone was amazingly helpful and friendly. I made my own hours, loved management, and felt that my job was very rewarding.
Fun Environment
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Price, UTApril 29, 2018
I loved working at USUE, it was a great job to have to get me through high school and it was always willing to work around my college schedule as well. It was nice being on the same campus I attended for school and work. The only thing I disliked was that your hours were never set in stone, due to cancelled classes, students dropping the course, etc. Overall, if I wasn't relocating for school, I would've continue working here until I graduated with my bachelors. The bosses were incredible and always willing to help you.
Pros
Upbeat environment
Cons
Not accurate hours, late nights
good for research
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 19, 2018
The university environment is very good. Colleagues are very nice and easy to work with. Good academic atmosphere for doing research. Working here is relax and enjoyable.
Pros
unstressful work
Cons
low payment
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 17, 2018
Excellent place to work if you value collaboration and a dynamic working environment. Pay was lower than national standard, but fair for the valley.
Great opportunity for ongoing education. Wonderful opportunities for provide community service and outreach
Loved working with the students and helping people to achieve their highest potential. All in all, it was a wonderful place to work and be a part of the greater good.
Pros
collaboration, dynamic atmosphere
Cons
low wages compared to national counterparts
Also fine
GRADUATE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 10, 2018
It was nice to have a job while earning my Masters degree. It gave me teaching experience and showed me that it would be something I'd like to pursue in the future.
The Outdoor Recreation Center was a great work-study job.
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utah State University, Logan, UTApril 5, 2018
Working at the Outdoor Recreation Center was a work-study program that enabled me to gain some valuable retail/rental work experience and to complete my schooling. The other students who worked there were fun to work with and the manager was supportive of our studies. We learned to handle money, rent and inventory outdoor equipment, and schedule reservations for the facilities. Upon return of rentals we inspected and repaired the equipment. Everything from cross-country skis, to tents and rafts.
Pros
Time to study and a pleasant work environment.
Cons
Customers who were rude to the foreign work-study students.
Great department
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 28, 2018
I started my PhD program in Department of Biological Engineering at Utah State University on Aug. 2014. I have made impressive progress through my PhD including two inventions. I'm about to graduate and need to find a job.
Undergraduate research
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 27, 2018
A great place to begin my research work and feel out the way that science is done. Not much can be said more than that because I was an undergraduate and didn't have much experience.
It was pretty good
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 27, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for USU. There were some aspects of the job that were super stressful and others where it was totally relaxed and easy. It honestly depended on the day and who you ran into.
All around a great experience
FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTMarch 20, 2018
I loved working there. I was fun and a nice place to be. The team work and members helped a lot and the job was great to do. I learned a lot and would to work there again.
Great job for students
Facilities Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 16, 2018
generally, as a part-time worker, it is easy work. But, the pay is low, usu has a horrible time paying its employees a living wage. full-time personnel included.
Pros
great hours for students
Cons
little to no chance for promotion or raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight