Utah State University Employee Reviews

Abusive Company Values
Sr. Staff Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 31, 2018
I had abusive bosses here, and the main boss continued to enable the behavior until an entire department quit. As soon as this happen, then they were willing to look at the situation and make minor changes, but did not remove the problem.
Good Environment
Digital Initiatives Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 26, 2018
The environment in my department was excellent. It focused on collaboration, and was excellent at fostering those ideals in everyday actions.

I gained a lot of experience, which has helped me in subsequent roles.
It's not stressful,I can balance life and work well.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at work involves, auditing a class, learning about the assignments so I can grade them properly.

I've worked on multiple languages in Logical and Functional Programming Paradigms.

My supervisor is excellent.

Hardest part of the job is figuring out how to understand each students assignment and intent behind their code.

Most enjoyable part of the job is giving feedback to students on how to improve.
Depending on what department you work in, you'll either have a wonderful time or a terrible time. Choose wisely.
Guest Services Representative --> Archives Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 12, 2018
I'll be honest, I chose a terrible department to start my work with the University: Event Services. I was a Guest Services Representative, and after the two month "trial period", they let me go with no explanation, even when I asked for one so I could improve myself. Management in that job was standoffish. I had the impression that everything was going well, and then I was let go.

However, now, working with both the Museum of Anthropology and the USU Special Collections and Archives, I can say with certainty that my experience has been completely different. Management is blunt, and they tell you when you need to improve. They don't micromanage, but they tell you how your work looks from their perspective, so you change it accordingly. You have free reign to do as you please as long as it meets the expectations of the museum and/or archives.
Pros
Great management, wonderful coworkers, engaging work, many opportunities for growth and research.
Cons
No pay, low job security
Exciting Research Opportunities
Graduate Instructor of English Composition (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 2, 2018
Great professors, great assistance in all research and teaching opportunities! I couldn't imagine completing my master's work and thesis research anywhere else.
Utah State Football
Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 25, 2018
Great team, coach, environment. If you are a tough hard nosed dude you can make a name for yourself in Logan. The community is small but super involved.
Great Internship to learn what it takes to be a Registered Dietitian
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 5, 2018
USU Dietetic Internship offers the opportunity for off campus learning in various parts of the state, while offering partial or full out of state opportunities. Allows the intern to gain valuable experience in many areas of Dietetics (clinical, community, food service).
Productive workplace with recreational activities.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTAugust 31, 2018
Great place as a student wanting to earn a couple extra dollars while completing educational tasks in a friendly, fun environment. Overall, great place to learn and have fun.
Flexible work for students
Greenhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 23, 2018
I worked at the teaching greenhouse for the university. The management and supervisors are excellent and they work well with you to make sure you can still have time to work and keep up on your studies. Typical days included watering and care for plants, maintenance on greenhouses, fruit picking and cider pressing or sales. It was a fun and productive work environment.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Great job to have
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 8, 2018
Utah state university was the best job I have ever had, facilities was an outstanding place to work and very easy to get along with other employees. I would highly recommend working there
Pros
Paid vacation and hollidays
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTAugust 6, 2018
I worked as a part-time dishwasher. I didn't have much hours, due to me being in school at the same time as working. Time flew when work started. Most days were hectic and full of business. I really enjoyed working and making new friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough pay
Utah State University Thoughts and Fellings
Office Assistant Register Office (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 27, 2018
Didn't love it didn't hate it. Probably more of an issue with the actual position I had rather than the university as a whole. Would recommend it to most but definitely not for everyone.
Excellent work environment.
Circulation Worker/ Staff (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 19, 2018
excellent work environment. best place to network, able to get homework done while working at the desk. schedule flexibility. great managers. understanding. summer vacations
Utah State Testing Center
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 6, 2018
While I was at Utah State I worked at their testing center. It was the perfect college job and the management was great. They were super flexible with my school schedule and it was a great environment to work in.
A good place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 23, 2018
As there are every were there are good people and bad people regardless USU is a best place to work. I have enjoyed working for Electrical and computer Engineering department.
Worked with great people and learned a lot while working there.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 19, 2018
Enjoyed the people that I worked with. They worked on papers, documents, booklets etc. that helped educators teach children better, and also ways to be a better parent. I liked learning different concepts that could help me in my future.
Fun!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 11, 2018
My professors were excellent, I loved working as a teaching assistant for them. I loved interacting with students and giving feedback and receiving feedback. I loved being able to grade whenever I wanted and to set my own times for tutoring.
Pros
Professors, flexible schedules, students
Cons
The university can improve its teaching assistant program, specifically the music department
App Camp
App Camp Mentor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 3, 2018
Quick and easy- I took this job as a summer camp and was able to be rehired the next year as a mentor. The camp was fun to do and the supervisors were very helpful.
part-time position
Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 23, 2018
I work part-time for the Utah State University Extension office. I was very fortunate to get this job as it was mostly made up to help the home economist to answer phones, give classes and be there in the office to answer questions.
Pros
I was able to use my college education
Cons
Funding ran out.
Utah State University Review
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 21, 2018
Utah State University was a great experience. I was able to work at a university with a strong academic and athletic reputation. I was able to work in a great environment with awesome co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight