UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Found 819 reviews matching the search See all 1,107 reviews
Job Work / Life Balance
Supervisor, Manufacturing / Operations (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCJanuary 17, 2019
UTC offers Dependent Care to attend to sick child or spouse if needed. The flexibility and the ability to manage everyday life while working at UTC was very helpful. Management backed you a hundred percent when there's a crisis in your family. That's what I loved most about my job was being able to assist and counsel my employees when necessary without any back lash.
Cultral state of the company
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2019
The culture of the company is changing, it is becoming more business and less people oriented. Management is not regarding their people as vital resources to help improve the process of quality.. They are also lacking the value of team building and relying more on self preservation.
Pros
Job security
Cons
.poor mangement
Quality work and great people to work with.
Materials Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 10, 2019
The culture was positive and everyone was always driving for change. Unfortunately, the employees were not informed well when the changes took place and this caused issues in the change process.
Nice place to work
Assembly Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2019
Nice place to work, Supervisors are not on the same page. It should have standards for everyone not favorites. I don't like the ideal of using your vacation for sick time, You come out short when there's no work.. Your vacation is used for that purpose to fill in time missed or no work. Not just one area affected but several.
Pros
Free lunches to cells of the month
Cons
Workers don't want to train others, lack of work in a lot of areas .
N/a
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99204January 9, 2019
Not a bad place to work. Management can be better. Always room for advancing if you put the effort. Good benefits. 4 days on and 4 days off. Rotating shifts every 6 weeks.
Would work there again
Paint Shop Painter (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 3, 2019
Much like any production line facility. Work is face paced and can be demanding at times but this also makes the day go by fast. No real issues with this company.
Demanding, high-tech workplace
Propulsion/Structural Design Engineer, MRJ (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Fast paced workplace with challenging work assignments. Very nice locale and many people walk outside during lunch. Interior was remodeled such that cubicles were too small without the privacy to focus on your workstation. Culture was a mixed bag, reasonably friendly, but demanding.
Pros
High-tech interesting assignments and good pay.
Cons
Hectic and fast-paced, lack of privacy for workplace cubicles.
Good company
Surface Mount Technology, Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Zona Urbana, PRDecember 30, 2018
Company has a lot of opportunities for improvement. It has weekly shifts and weekend shifts. A lot of overtime when production needs to be increased and offers small breaks during long shfts
No management direction or support
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 27, 2018
The company only promotes the people they consider favorites and the management turns a blind eye to people not doing their jobs, allowing goofing off over doing their jobs.
Executive Mission excellent. Supervisor implementation dismal.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 22, 2018
If only the Mission statement could have been actualized, UTAS would have been an amazing company to work for. Unfortunately senior employees toxic behavior and counterproductive work ethic ultimately ended my time with the company. Eventually those hostile and ungrateful employees will retire, but will it come soon enough?

Want to know more about UTC Aerospace Systems?

Ask a question
Benefits are great, actual compensation terrible.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  York, NEDecember 19, 2018
Fairly laid back place to work, until you start dealing with the management. The business managers dont do anything to assist with an issue. They have their favorites and if they don't like you, you'll know about it. You can work 180% efficiencies, but if you're not part of the good old boys you'll get the same base 3% annual raise. Glossed over for promotions, stuck on an off shift.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Everything else
Good workplace with good environment
FP&A Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 17, 2018
Worked for the summer as an intern and enjoyed my time there. Ws challenged to learn about the business while also being trained at a good pace and was given the chance to show my abilities multiple times. Would be very happy to get a full time position with them in the future.
Safety working ,following checking on work site
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pandan gardenDecember 11, 2018
Can learning new method new parts of filght ,understanding of work site safety come first go for traning team work ,using of tools in right time and proper tools .
Pros
Tea and coffee
Cons
30min tea brek one one hour lunch
n/a
Sr Manager, Operations Support Engineering (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034December 10, 2018
learned to manage different product lines and engineering department. Learned lean manufacturing concepts to improve processes to ensure employees are successful.
UTC empowered their employees
Business Development to Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTDecember 9, 2018
After twenty years of working at several locations, I was a able to run the business as I wished as long as I staid within the strategic plan and met my objectives
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Located in remote areas and relocation was necessary every time I was for a transfer
Enjoy being team player with self motivation, a strong work ethic, and I take pride in a job well done.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Hodges, SCDecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work is having to multi task, learning something new everyday while maintaining a positive attitude. I have learned to be a team player as well as going the extra mile to make sure that we meet customers expectations as well as good quality.As far as management, I have to work hard at balancing differences between engineers and quality. The hardest part of my job would be trying to maintain a positive attitude knowing that the plant is closing, Such great people that I consider my work family will no longer be there on a daily basis.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I never have anyone looking over my shoulder and they trust me fully to do what ever is needed to get the job done.
Poor training
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 8, 2018
I was an intern for 2 summers with this company, and did not feel i was prepared well enough to begin working there. The company is unorganized. I had a bad experience with HR on multiple occasions. First, hiring process took unnecessarily long with no communication on their part. Second, another miscommunication when being offered to come back to following summer of 2018, They believed I no-showed on day 1 - Orientation, when in fact, I was never contacted by them about an offer. Once I did start working there, I had no real training on what I will be doing. I was given very few amount of tasks throughout my internship in the summer of 2017.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Work
Industrial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 1, 2018
I worked with facilities world wide helping with Supply Chain issues. I helped the facility meet delivery goals, reduce turn-time, reduced cost. I conference calls with each facility
Pros
work with people world wide
Cons
Poor middle management
Great place, terrible manager
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2018
Don't work under craig baker. He'll lay you off right before holiday season because you won't work for free off the clock. Other than him, that place is an awesome and interesting workplace.
Fair (not great) place to work.
TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 28, 2018
Fair (not great) place to work. The layoffs they choose do not seem to make sense. They lay off good workers. Company is in the process of merging with another company as of end of 2018.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss