UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Incompetent, inexperienced management at Pomona site.
Schediling Staff (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 17, 2018
Small raises, no lean or continuous improvement even though they claim to drive ACE. Only promote favorites and not much room to grow. Could pick up some very bad habits if you don't know better. Management has little to no experience in lean aerospace manufacturing and are not interested in improving processes. Supervisors are just the favorites picked off the floor regardless of lack of experience. Unethical management.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, gym
Cons
No growth opportunities, very low pay compared to other aerospace companies, even some commerical ones
it was nice
assembly (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 16, 2018
fun the people were fun the job was cool and you learned new things ever body would help you stayed cool year around it was something to do everyday and great
Pros
people job
Cons
down sized
People Philosophy
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 13, 2018
Great friendly environment with lots of advancement opportunities and career growth. Great education program. People Philosophy, employee appreciation
Pros
Education
Cons
No pension
no opinion
Manager; Process Improvement and Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJuly 8, 2018
a typical day is like every other freaking job and this is ridiculous to have to write something like this. I am not going to offer my opinion on anything about this place
You wont be valued here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJuly 7, 2018
There are better places to work, no room to grow and advance.You are better off in a larger company. Go to a place that will value your worth and acknowledge what you bring to the table.
Pros
Schedule, pay, company activities
Cons
Poor management, cut throat environment- bunch of s***talkers
Acojedor
Tecnico electronico (Current Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJuly 2, 2018
Deberían subir el sueldo mínimo a los técnicos electronicos. De lo de mas muy buenos beneficios y un ambiente laboral agradable.
Pros
Plan medico
Cons
Sueldo de tecnicos electronicos
Unhealthy work environment
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 30, 2018
There are very few people who will genuinely care about you in this company. The "rank and yank" culture encourages even the most human entering this work environment to side-swipe and crush coworkers. There is no collaboration or team work. You're better off surviving among Velociraptors.
Pros
Pay was good, but you sacrifice your family, friends and health.
Cons
Working here will shave several years from your life.
There's a lot of room for improvement in all of the departments within the company
Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 27, 2018
The workplace culture is very stressful and frustrating. It's either very busy or very slow, there's typically no in between. The hardest part of the job is the slow advancement and low salary. You do a lot more work than what they pay you. You also do tasks that are not part of your job description. The enjoyable part is you get to work with wonderful people who are going through the same struggle in the company.
Cons
Medical Insurance sucks, low salary, slow progression, very little advancement
Fun everyone is friendly and they have a ping pong table
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 26, 2018
Great place to work! Everyone was so friendly and helpful when i first started. The environment was clean. Staff was friendly. The manager was super nice.
Management style
Financial Control and Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Those with kids should be ready to be under scrutiny anytime you take time off if your kid is sick. Managers do not seem to care about the employees, just their own backs to climb the ladder.
Great workplace that invests in their employees
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 24, 2018
UTC is a great company that invests in their employees and tries to promote work life balance as much as possible. Flex-work schedules are offered as much as possible if it supports the business.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Bureaucracy typical of a large company
Not a particularly fun place to work
Senior Customer Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTJune 23, 2018
too focused on $ and not taking care of the employee. long day and little or no positive feedback. little or no opportunity for upward mobility or lateral for that matter.
Pros
location and gym
Cons
too cut throat
Great place!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJune 20, 2018
A lot to do, days goes super fast! There is a lot of engagement to improve and be better. A lot of opportunity for growth within UTC Corporation for those willing to work!
Pros
Great team environment!
Cons
Lots of working hours
Avoid this place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 17, 2018
Do not work there, managements does not care about their employees. H.R department does not listen to your concerns. Poor management. Very poor management
Cons
Very Poor management
Good benefits, no advancement opportunities
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJune 15, 2018
I actually worked at Goodrich Corp(purchased by UTC). Lots of design work there. They were always very busy, which I prefer. All Management decisions were made at the home office in SC, so very little got changed or improved at Goodrich. Low level management often times had little idea what was produced or what was needed. The most difficult part of the job was the fact that Goodrich was "for sale" most of the 11 years I was there(2 as contractor) and they acted like it. No new ideas or improvements, just keep production moving. Many people lost their jobs in order to make the bottom line look appealing to any prospective buyers!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No long term vision for the business
UTC has some improving that needs to be done
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2018
Work/life balance is not there, the UTC Flex is not for everyone, just certain individuals. I really did not enjoy the company and the information I was given prior to employment was not true.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
UTC Flex
Computer program
Materials/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 6, 2018
got discouraged when I could not learn on the computers on field; even though have no access to the program and to improve my skills I actually need to need to practice!
Work Enviornment
Sr. Engineering Staff Analyst/Lean Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 5, 2018
It was an awesome place to work in. I had some of my best days working at Rohr/Goodrich/UTC.

I learned so much from working in the office to working my last 5 years supporting the shop floor.

The company was very family oriented.

It saddens me that after 34 years of dedicating myself working 10-12 hours a day and then being laid off!!

It's been almost 3 years and there is not one day that I don't think of where I would be in the company by now.
Great place to work.
Sr Delivery Assurance, Global Ops PR (Current Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJune 5, 2018
I enjoy working with the co-workers I have in my office and teamwork is a must. Enjoy what I do in Supply Chain. Satisfied with UTC's benefits and pay.
Pros
Flexible time; can work remote from home at times.
Cons
Distance from home to work.
Third Shift , random products to work on .
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
the products ,I was to work on were intermittent , which forced me to compete for work with overtime hogs from previous shift , which meant I either had to wait for an hour or so to work on something or go home with no work that night . The politics were horrible .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight