UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Quality is in control
Sr Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2018
Poor management on a daily Audit processes to assure compliance to Quality practices, accuracy and completeness of Quality records, and work instructions. Support and participate in the Internal Audit process.
 Interface with SQA when necessary to support resolution of Quality problems associated with supplier components.
 Influence effective control and efficient movement of inventory throughout the value stream, by prompt stocking of hardware, making appropriate enterprise system entries (within Site and between multiple sites) of material disposition (e.g., scrap, excess & obsolete, etc.) and support of bonded material control and disposition
Utc
Aftermarket Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 11, 2018
A typical day consisted of customer telecoms, report preparation and the management of engineering output.
Learned to manage the challenges of an entry into service of a new aircraft.
Workplace culture was different from department to department. Aftermarket was supportive of the employee's needs at the same time the pace of work was demanding.
The hardest part of the job was reaching maximum output from employees.
The most enjoyable was the connections with employees, customers, and vendors.
I would recommend this company
Crew Chief on F-16 aircraft (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 7, 2018
A good company to work for with competitive wages and benefits for the area. three most important concepts for the company are safety, quality, delivery. In that order.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work life/ social life balance
Terrible culture and management unwilling to adapt to changes
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 6, 2018
Management is committed to keep perpetuating the inefficiencies for the sake of tradition. There is a strong brown sniffing culture at the moment of getting a promotion. The people look sad in general and it has created a toxic work environment. Since the system is so broken, it relies heavily on manual input and long hours of work are expected. The management love appearances but it is just for show. I am surprised this place is operating without the FAA closing it down. This site operates without input/supervision from UTC, which has spoiled management into doing whatever they want... for decades.
Pros
Having a job?
Cons
Keep away, your welcome
Good benefits
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTMay 4, 2018
Led a team in performing RRCA and Corrective Actions for a cracked glass issue that cost the company over $65K per year in scrap and rework. Only wish I had more support.
I have no complaints
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2018
UTC is a great place to work regardless of what level you are. They are respectful, value you, and have great engineers. Management was tops, but unfortunately they outsourced many jobs overseas and laid off many people I doubt that location still exists.
Pros
great place to learn and advance yourself
Cons
culture can be improved a little
Learing
IT Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2018
A great place to get an education. You can transfer between business units and keep your or increase salary. Some people can work remotely and have flex work schedules.
Easy work poor work environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2018
It's all push push push. Hurry up and ship. Management doesn't support the quality team. No work life balance. Poor management, overall affects the employee morale. I highly wouldn't recommend this place for anyone.
Pros
The work itself was easy.
Cons
Poor management, no clear path for advancement, overworked, under paid.
It was a nice place to work
Parts Inspector/packing (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed the years I were there. I didn't like going from 8 hours to 12 because I have 3 children and it got kind of difficult. The co-workers , we got along really well, no issues with me. We had Holiday dinners with family and co-workers, traveled together, it was nice. I got along really well with all the Engineers, it was part of my job when I had issues with customers.
Too much bureaucracy to get anything accomplished.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Peshtigo, WIApril 20, 2018
Antiquated manual system and too much bureaucracy leads to high levels of daily frustration. The people are great though, a place where everyone knows everyone.
Friendly and supportive coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 20, 2018
Even as an intern, I was well integrated into standard work flow. I got to see and learn a lot about the manufacturing process, and the employees were always willing to teach me about their work and how it is important
Pros
Great and skilled employees
Cons
Early starting time
Excellent place to work
On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
The culture and the work environment it's great, the product it's amazing, there's so much to learn, loved to work there, the hard part was the personal growth.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Growth
Great Place to Work!
STAFF ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
The best part about working at UTC is they value Customer focus, Team work and Quality. I met a lot of sharp people here and learnt a lot about a methodical and analytical way of problem solving.
Production
Materials Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 9, 2018
production was very important ,we had to make sure the product is
on the truck for delivery.Make sure to attend the employee meeting.
Standing a long time.
Pros
A great place to work.
Cons
a lot of overtime
Had high hopes, but it was too good to be true
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 8, 2018
The way management treats employees is unfair and sometimes discriminating. HR only protects management and is not there for the employees. You're on your own. If you like being a phony individual to get ahead, this is the place for you. If you're a hard worker looking for recognition, look elsewhere.
Pros
Salary is fair
Cons
No work/life/balance, favoritism by management, lack of recognition
varing work experience, good benefts
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2018
Very various work skills, excellence benefits, easy going work atmosphere, close to home, short commute to work, designing and building production equipment.
Stressful
Quality Engineer/Supervisor, NDT Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNApril 6, 2018
The work environment is stressful and often complicated. Management is based in Oakville Ontario and not personally connected to working conditions in Tullahoma.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Pressure to meet schedule causes high stress.
The bad definitely outweighed the good here
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work is being placed in a situation where you are overwhelmed and underpaid. I believe the pay is so low because it forces you to work overtime in order to survive.
The benefit packages they offer are a disgrace to humanity and the way they treat their employees like robots did not sit well with me. The majority of their employees are bullied into sacrificing their mental health as well as their personal lives and holidays to assure they are not fired for insufficient reasoning. The only good thing they offer are the paid vacations and sick time which you will have to blow through in order to keep sane while taking that time away from UTC. That's only if it gets approved.
Pros
Paid Vacation hours, Personal Time
Cons
Everything else not mentioned in Pros
My First Job experience
STOCK ROOM ATTENDANCE (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRApril 5, 2018
UTC was my first job experience. In that moment I search for a job when could acquired experience in a workplace with excellent job culture and the opportunity to grow professionally.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
2nd shift
No temp to hire
STOCK ROOM ATTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2018
I worked here for two years before contract expired. Worked 6 days a week and the occasional on call.this company likes t use temp workers. With little to no chance of becoming permanent.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
A lot of work no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.