UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Found 790 reviews matching the search See all 1,071 reviews
UTC Aerospace Systems Review
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 18, 2018
Typical work day starts with an engineering meeting to go over what needs to be done that day and what is planned for the week. I then will have discussions with the operators on the floor about how my database and UI is helping them and if it needs any improvements. I would then work on the improvements for the database.
1 year
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 12, 2018
I've worked with this company for 1 year now and I have to say, everyone has treated me better than my previous job. I get along with almost everybody at the company and most of them would recommend me to get hired on permanently. I love the vibe of this place, or at least the department I'm in. The only few things I really have to say about this company is that Management isn't really up to par with their employees. I've only been here for a year and knowing so, I've noticed a lot of changes. I can't say much, but the bottom line is, I've only been here for a year and I've noticed that there is no communication between management, engineers, production employees, and test technicians. It seems to me like everyone favors one another. For example, if my department, the test technicians, have an issue with a product during testing and verification, it seems to me when we bring it up to management, every department is always blaming the test team for multiple product failures. To be honest, we're only doing our job, as intended and as we were trained.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No communication
Standard work day
EO Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 10, 2018
-Characterize focal plane arrays
-Interpret schematics fro hardware troubleshooting
-Write test procedures
-Review specifications
-Meetings on specification failures for image non-uniformity

-Good to do daily business, but lack the long term game plan.

-Fundamentally learned the importance of quality conformance and how to continually maintain customer standards in mind.

-The commute.

-The various technical opportunities available everyday.
Pros
Volume of specialist engineers at the company for support
Cons
Employee career development
Wlb
Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 1, 2018
Finding a good manager here is important so you will have career advancement. If not, you will be easily lost in the company with what you are suppose to do.
No individual accoutablity, very poor management operations
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  York, NENovember 1, 2018
Very disappointed in how things are handled with standard rules, you can get punished for someone else's bad decisions, instead of management holding the individual that made the bad decision accountable. Management has their hands tied behind their back when it comes confronting individuals and punishing them in the correct mannor
Pros
Vacation and some benefits
Great family atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
I would recommend UTAS to a friend. It's a great place to work full of excellent managers and excellent benefits. The work that is done at UTC is very interesting and there's no place like it.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
IT services
Productive Work Space
Test Engineer/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 29, 2018
Well balance work time management
Plentiful opportunities to continue learning.
Offer different programs to enable higher education.
Department management quality is dependent on the department. engineering department is spotty but overall good, efficient team overall.
Good Place
Software /Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work. Good opportunities. Flexible work hours is a huge plus which contributes to an ideal work/life balance. I would recommend this place for others to work.
Great place to work, career advancement
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 21, 2018
First and foremost, the people are what makes this company great to work for. Depending on where you would like to drive your career you can find opportunities!
Stable place to work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2018
You will not have to worry about getting laid off here. With work ramping up they are hiring a lot right now. Very good stepping stone to get into the Aviation Industry.
Review is an overall assessment
Senior Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 18, 2018
The company offers excellent opportunities for growth and educational attainment. Employees are given autonomy to make decisions and to promote the work processes.
Pros
Autonomy to make decisions
Cons
Too few benefits
hard on your health unless you work in a cleanroom.
metal etcher (Former Employee) –  Union, WVOctober 14, 2018
when you need to talk to your supervisor it's as if he's hiding. I worked in the etch room where there were always hydrochloric acid leaks. often times ending with a sore throat and a headache. no telling what it's doing to your lungs. maintenance is good when they have the parts on hand. but the pay is good if you don't mind selling off your health .
Pros
good pay.
Cons
short breaks, health care is for others benefit.
a great work place.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PROctober 12, 2018
A great place to work, awesome coworkers which over the 4 years i worked there they've become close friends of mine. A very friendly oriented low stress workplace .
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Management in Puerto Rico Plant is the worst that I have seen
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 11, 2018
Worst place to work ever, in Puerto Rico plant. Top management, especially the Operations Director does not have the highest ethic code. There is no clear definition of what is expected of the employee. If you are in Puerto Rico and you are looking for a new job, Do not go to UTC in Santa Isabel.
Production
Operator of machinery (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PROctober 11, 2018
I was hired for a full-time job and I was only two months full-time the rest of the time they always sent me to my house for low production.
It was a factory that had to have only two last ones and it worked better
Pros
2 lunch
Cons
no pay lunch
Great Learning Experience
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTOctober 10, 2018
Learned a lot from experienced coworkers who were always helpful and kind.
Great pay.
Management was kind and understanding.
Was exposed to various part of the company.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work is sometimes repetitive
UTC Aerospace Systems is where Data Driven Cost Estimating goes to die.
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 9, 2018
Both Estimating Groups lack viable Predictive Analytical skills, ARCO and Learning Curves are the analytic ceiling for this group's skill set. Parametric Estimates are not Trendline based, if done at all, in fact they are completely lacking in any in house Risk Modeling and/or Data Fitting tools. Leadership demonstrates no willingness to comprehend that Estimating is only as good as the information at hand(Estimating doesn't operate in a vacuum, viable values don't come out of thin air, viable Estimating is rooted in Data Analytics).

Mfg Performance and Engineering Data are woefully mismanaged, making it prohibitive to analyze and formulate the necessary correlations to effectively identify meaningful Cost Drivers, both internally and externally. Making matters worse, their BOE and WBS Templated Methods are gaslight on extremely over valued and self-appointed SME based conjecture, biases Round Table methods, coupled with IE time standards that are 20+years old and disconnected(irreparably) from their originating data sources.
Pros
Ignorance is Bliss
Cons
Antiquated Business Intelligence
N/a
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bamberg, SCOctober 9, 2018
Plenty work, safety, cool in summer, heat in winter. 1st or 2nd shift, drink machine, ice machine, snack machine.clean bathroom,cool lunch room.good parking spaces.
UTC had extra benefits to working at the company such as computer entries to win a variety of things.
Shipping Clerk, UTC (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDOctober 8, 2018
I did a variety of tasks from computer data entry to packing parts according to the shipping order. If your area was slow , we would help in other areas.
Pros
Give away contests
Cons
Where I worked, you didn't know your ending time due to loading trucks.
Company Culture
Systems Integration and Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAOctober 5, 2018
Good company to work for because they develop interesting products. The work/life balance is good with UTC. They removed the bonus program, which was a good feature under Goodrich.
Pros
Engineering
Cons
Bias promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight