UTC Aerospace Systems Culture reviews

Found 179 reviews matching the search See all 1,061 reviews
Great Learning Experience
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTOctober 10, 2018
Learned a lot from experienced coworkers who were always helpful and kind.
Great pay.
Management was kind and understanding.
Was exposed to various part of the company.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work is sometimes repetitive
Bad place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRSeptember 26, 2018
Horrible, poor management ,lots of politics and no place for advancement . There a lots of backstabbing from co workers and lots of gossip. Sexual harassment is a common thing and mangement never do anytthing very hostil environment towards worker and no job security if you like working with fear stress and hostility this is the place for you
Pros
Cons
Whole operation
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 5, 2018
One can experience the worst and the best from management and leadership. Some solid and very progressive new leaders. Leaders from acquired companies tend to be inflexible, combative, resistant to change and progress
Pros
Advancement, tuition reimbursement, technical growth
Cons
Culture, lack of strategic planning, uses micromanagement and brute force to sales goals
Great place to intern and learn the skills you need to succeed.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 4, 2018
The workday starts early with meetings and planning for the day. Management likes to constantly be informed on progress and any issues. The people are great and all love what they do. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Fun place to work, great people, great products
Excellent Wok Enviorment
Landing Gear Actuation Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 27, 2018
Easy to get along with. Excellent training procedures. Valued every employee for their role and experience they brought. Hardest part of the job was keeping Maintenace busy, testing Equiptment had long down times
Productive and experience
Project Engineer/Contractor Employee (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRAugust 21, 2018
Excellent. I learn more than I expect in this job. the supervisor guide me on how I need to improve in the next step and teach with patience and carefully to improve myself as a project engineer.
Fun and rewarding
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 17, 2018
Great place to work. Very good culture, management recognizes great work. I would encourage you to look at UTC for your next employment opportunity.
Meh
AEROSPACE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 3, 2018
The people of company(the workers) are great and most everyone gets along. Management is however toxic and disregard people with families. Often expecting people to work 15 or more hours a day. There are many other workplace culture issues that have led to a lot of long time employees to recently leave for better treatment/pay for what is expected.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 26, 2018
UTC is a challenging company to work for. You meet some really intelligent people and will occasionally work long hours but you are compensated well for it and are able to work on some really cool products.
it was nice
assembly (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 16, 2018
fun the people were fun the job was cool and you learned new things ever body would help you stayed cool year around it was something to do everyday and great
Pros
people job
Cons
down sized
Unhealthy work environment
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 30, 2018
There are very few people who will genuinely care about you in this company. The "rank and yank" culture encourages even the most human entering this work environment to side-swipe and crush coworkers. There is no collaboration or team work. You're better off surviving among Velociraptors.
Pros
Pay was good, but you sacrifice your family, friends and health.
Cons
Working here will shave several years from your life.
There's a lot of room for improvement in all of the departments within the company
Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 27, 2018
The workplace culture is very stressful and frustrating. It's either very busy or very slow, there's typically no in between. The hardest part of the job is the slow advancement and low salary. You do a lot more work than what they pay you. You also do tasks that are not part of your job description. The enjoyable part is you get to work with wonderful people who are going through the same struggle in the company.
Cons
Medical Insurance sucks, low salary, slow progression, very little advancement
Enjoyed woring there
Wire harness assembler (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working there but the commute was too much. I enjoyed the work. My team leader and group leader were great. I think that if I lived near there I would like to continue working there
Third Shift , random products to work on .
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
the products ,I was to work on were intermittent , which forced me to compete for work with overtime hogs from previous shift , which meant I either had to wait for an hour or so to work on something or go home with no work that night . The politics were horrible .
Great People, Challenging Work, Excellent Compensation
Staff Engineer, Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
I really liked working here. I only left because they offered me a substantial Voluntary Separation Package for people to retire.
My co-workers were friendly and professional, the office environment was clean, neat, well lit - lots of full length windows.
They had flexible hours and paid overtime after 45 hours a week for full time employees.
Managers were encouraging and not dog-eat-dog.

One downside was the tendency to not fully appreciate the time and cost needed to complete a project. We were always going over budget and slipping schedules. My immediate supervisor had a major health breakdown in the spring/summer of 2017 after working himself half to death to get a project done that was inadequately funded - and had "an aggressive schedule" (i.e. no allowance for inevitable, unforeseen design challenges). We also had to hire contract engineers who worked on a salary basis and then were worked 60 hour weeks with no overtime pay to finish the design work.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. People. Culture. Flextime.
Cons
Slowly becoming too bureaucratic, Too much paperwork. Scope creep. Poor project planning.
company is growing
Landing Gear Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2018
Very good company, but there are too many chiefs not enough indians if you know what I mean. The pay is very competitive and upper manangemnet is ok but dont have as much experience.
Utc
Aftermarket Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 11, 2018
A typical day consisted of customer telecoms, report preparation and the management of engineering output.
Learned to manage the challenges of an entry into service of a new aircraft.
Workplace culture was different from department to department. Aftermarket was supportive of the employee's needs at the same time the pace of work was demanding.
The hardest part of the job was reaching maximum output from employees.
The most enjoyable was the connections with employees, customers, and vendors.
I would recommend this company
Crew Chief on F-16 aircraft (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 7, 2018
A good company to work for with competitive wages and benefits for the area. three most important concepts for the company are safety, quality, delivery. In that order.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work life/ social life balance
Terrible culture and management unwilling to adapt to changes
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 6, 2018
Management is committed to keep perpetuating the inefficiencies for the sake of tradition. There is a strong brown sniffing culture at the moment of getting a promotion. The people look sad in general and it has created a toxic work environment. Since the system is so broken, it relies heavily on manual input and long hours of work are expected. The management love appearances but it is just for show. I am surprised this place is operating without the FAA closing it down. This site operates without input/supervision from UTC, which has spoiled management into doing whatever they want... for decades.
Pros
Having a job?
Cons
Keep away, your welcome
I have no complaints
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2018
UTC is a great place to work regardless of what level you are. They are respectful, value you, and have great engineers. Management was tops, but unfortunately they outsourced many jobs overseas and laid off many people I doubt that location still exists.
Pros
great place to learn and advance yourself
Cons
culture can be improved a little

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

46out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UTC Aerospace Systems.

Powered by Comparably