UTC Aerospace Systems Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 161 reviews matching the search See all 1,023 reviews
Third Shift , random products to work on .
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
the products ,I was to work on were intermittent , which forced me to compete for work with overtime hogs from previous shift , which meant I either had to wait for an hour or so to work on something or go home with no work that night . The politics were horrible .
Great People, Challenging Work, Excellent Compensation
Staff Engineer, Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
I really liked working here. I only left because they offered me a substantial Voluntary Separation Package for people to retire.
My co-workers were friendly and professional, the office environment was clean, neat, well lit - lots of full length windows.
They had flexible hours and paid overtime after 45 hours a week for full time employees.
Managers were encouraging and not dog-eat-dog.

One downside was the tendency to not fully appreciate the time and cost needed to complete a project. We were always going over budget and slipping schedules. My immediate supervisor had a major health breakdown in the spring/summer of 2017 after working himself half to death to get a project done that was inadequately funded - and had "an aggressive schedule" (i.e. no allowance for inevitable, unforeseen design challenges). We also had to hire contract engineers who worked on a salary basis and then were worked 60 hour weeks with no overtime pay to finish the design work.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. People. Culture. Flextime.
Cons
Slowly becoming too bureaucratic, Too much paperwork. Scope creep. Poor project planning.
company is growing
Landing Gear Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2018
Very good company, but there are too many chiefs not enough indians if you know what I mean. The pay is very competitive and upper manangemnet is ok but dont have as much experience.
Utc
Aftermarket Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 11, 2018
A typical day consisted of customer telecoms, report preparation and the management of engineering output.
Learned to manage the challenges of an entry into service of a new aircraft.
Workplace culture was different from department to department. Aftermarket was supportive of the employee's needs at the same time the pace of work was demanding.
The hardest part of the job was reaching maximum output from employees.
The most enjoyable was the connections with employees, customers, and vendors.
Terrible culture and management unwilling to adapt to changes
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 6, 2018
Management is committed to keep perpetuating the inefficiencies for the sake of tradition. There is a strong brown sniffing culture at the moment of getting a promotion. The people look sad in general and it has created a toxic work environment. Since the system is so broken, it relies heavily on manual input and long hours of work are expected. The management love appearances but it is just for show. I am surprised this place is operating without the FAA closing it down. This site operates without input/supervision from UTC, which has spoiled management into doing whatever they want... for decades.
Pros
Having a job?
Cons
Keep away, your welcome
I have no complaints
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2018
UTC is a great place to work regardless of what level you are. They are respectful, value you, and have great engineers. Management was tops, but unfortunately they outsourced many jobs overseas and laid off many people I doubt that location still exists.
Pros
great place to learn and advance yourself
Cons
culture can be improved a little
It was a nice place to work
Parts Inspector/packing (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed the years I were there. I didn't like going from 8 hours to 12 because I have 3 children and it got kind of difficult. The co-workers , we got along really well, no issues with me. We had Holiday dinners with family and co-workers, traveled together, it was nice. I got along really well with all the Engineers, it was part of my job when I had issues with customers.
Excellent place to work
On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
The culture and the work environment it's great, the product it's amazing, there's so much to learn, loved to work there, the hard part was the personal growth.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Growth
My First Job experience
STOCK ROOM ATTENDANCE (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRApril 5, 2018
UTC was my first job experience. In that moment I search for a job when could acquired experience in a workplace with excellent job culture and the opportunity to grow professionally.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
2nd shift
production
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 27, 2018
Greatest place to work. Great benefits, great people.
but have more vendor issues than they should have. The changes in management happens to often
Pros
benefits, fellow associates
Cons
can't keep up with changes in management, run out of parts to often
Utc
Production Control Assistant (Assembler) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 20, 2018
Management and job culture was immensely horrible. No room for growth even if you're qualified and educated. Salary and Union make everyone compete against each other versus work together. Managers seems to lack knowledge in their departments and they do things in an unethical way. It goes against its gears of integrity, people, performance, and ideas.
fun
Aircraft component technician and TPM Champion (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 17, 2018
a good place to gain experience
fair wages
good management
great work culture
the most enjoyable part of the work are co-workers
I have learned the testing and troubleshooting motors, control panel, pendant Hoist and Winch Rescue.
The company provides the full reimbursement for school which is the best part of UTC
Great people. Good company.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  50 William White blvd. Pueblo,CO. 81001March 2, 2018
People there are nice and professional. It's a 12 hour day. Machine shop co-workers are really good at the job.
Management is good.
Hardest part of the job is the working shifts.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the benefits.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Working day and night shifts. Hard to have a home life.
GENERAL FINANCE INTERN (Current Employee) –  York, NEFebruary 5, 2018
UTC is a great place to work and I have enjoyed every moment of it! I have learned so much from working here and everybody that works there is so nice and willing to help everyone out.
Fast-paced work environment
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Very fast-paced work environment. Organization is going through many structural and technological changes. Employees need to be highly organized and able to perform job with little guidance.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, work-life balance, employee scholar program, ERGs
Cons
HR management is new and unorganized, No entry-level HRBP training guide
Good
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Good place to work. Good training. Good management. I worked in management, heat treat operations, forming, warehouse, sheet metal manufacturing, shipping and receiving, assembly.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
A lot of politics
Productive and Good place to work
Program Manager/Project Engineer/ PDT Lead (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at UTC as I had opportunities to grow both vertically and horizontally. I also had opportunities to learn about different cultures and travel.
Pros
good culture
Good place to work at
Site lead in Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Nice place to work for with good work life balance. Decent benefits. Good teamwork between co-workers. Positive people culture that makes you feel like a valued employee.
poor culture, good pay
Global Repair Program Management Co-op (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 4, 2018
They pay well and you leave your job at the office. This makes for a good work-life balance and you have time to spend your hard earned money however you want.

While at work, there is practically no culture. There were those who got things done and had goals of advancing and those who looked like they were there to cry everyday.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Productive place to work for
Q.A. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 1, 2018
Productive place to work for with a potential for a stressful environment. The pay and benefits is highly competitive with competing companies. Employers are usually friendly
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight