UTC Fire & Security Employee Reviews

nothing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 7, 2018
I was only a temp and after 9 months they were still not hiring although my agency said they would. I don't know what else you want me to say. Trying to fill this up.
Unproductive rate race
Engineer (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 20, 2018
This division of UTC is very disorganized and has been upon them acquiring it. People will transfer in (rarely) and immediately transfer back to their old position in a different division- that should give you an idea about the work place environment, management, and compensation for it.
Pros
Scholar program pays upfront for classes
Cons
no career advancement
Poor management
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Horrible management, workforce incompetent, training inadequate, quality is a joke id never purchase a product made by this company, 6 day a week work week, occurrence for being 1 minute late but they have no problem asking you to stay late, pick up shifts or work on a Sunday with no added benefits, they offer programs that sound good on paper but will never approve you request, they can careless about family or your health.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
productive
Production Assembly (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTDecember 11, 2017
People was nice to work with and helpful. Learned to build firw alarms and the saft=ety of them. some times it was quick pace but made the time go by faster
Fast Paced, Many work hours
Surface Mount Technician, Tech II (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEDecember 9, 2017
Worked with a great team. Employees loved their jobs. Hard workers.
Developed soldering skills and gained experience with high-speed modular placement equipment.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Overtime could overtake social life.
decent place to work but it is almost impossible to get full time
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NCNovember 10, 2017
as stated above it is a decent place to work at but after 6 months of working there full time wasn't something that was even on the table. If you feel like wasting months of your time only to be laid off once work gets caught up then this is the place for you.
Peaceful work enviroment
Assembler/production/machine operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MESeptember 28, 2017
I went in to work know what to do. I taught my self everything I had a list of things that needed to be done. and I would sit at my station and get right to work, I had the blue prints in front of me and all I had to do was build, test than package and ship it out. Nothing hard about the job at all.
Pros
work at my own pace
Cons
Maybe more pay
Managed by Idiots
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJSeptember 15, 2017
The middle and upper management came from industries other than security, and this was/is a security company. They had a branch manager who had sold uniforms, who knew nothing about technical electronic or physical security products, running the area. They had no idea how to properly staff the service department. They had a mysterious number in mind that they divided the service revenue by and the result was the number of technician's they would have. The number was never enough to service the existing customers so they ended up losing customers...the revenue would decline to the level that could be supported by the number of technicians. This caused a death spiral that continues to this day.
Pros
I was well paid
Cons
Managed by morons.
High volume call center
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 17, 2016
High volume call center, professional environment,Great co-workers state of the art multi-task systems.people oriented. Never a dull moment at work. Always learning and challenging yourself.
Productive workplace
Machine Operator, CSD (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEApril 22, 2016
ran automated machines. management treated everybody fair. worked well with co- workers as a team. hardest part of job was trouble shooting machines when broke down. getting a lot of production out.
Productive place
Inspector, Tester, & Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 24, 2015
Learned a lot from this job being a inspector to different furniture daily an also being around different environments an personality's .
Nice work place to focus on business ethics and employee safety
Product Quality Leader (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2015
UTC is a good place to work for because the company really focus on business ethics and safety.

They have quarterly trainings address all ethics issues and make sure all employees are on top of those.

Also, the company is great for life/work balance. They have $300 incentives annually when employees can reach their health goals on time.

Safety is another good part for UTC. They have training courses and address all safety concerns across the business.

Overall, UTC is a good place to work for.
Pros
Good focus on ethics, safety, and life/work balance.
Cons
Not many career opportunities.
Best-in-class operations
Global Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNMay 7, 2015
The philosophy at UTC is continuous improvement that drives increased value to its customers and its stakeholders. The best-in-class business practices create better employees and attract the best talent in the marketplace.
Pros
Business practices promote change for the betterment of the company and its employees.
Cons
The decentralized nature of the business inhibits swift process changes.
Over all a good place to work
Export Coordinator/Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEMarch 26, 2015
I worked there 19 years and loved it, we had good benefits and always felt like you could learn more ever day. Lots of cross training which helped out my resume a lot.
Pros
It was a very friendly work enviorment, also very good benefits. Also lots of cross training to make it easier to cover people out of work.
Cons
It is closing and moving overseas I am going to miss this job.
was a very fun place to work
Mechanical associate (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonMarch 24, 2015
I really enjoyed coming to work. i liked my job and work environment. the pay was decent and learned some skills. I do think it lacks authority
Corporate slow moving environment. Bad management.
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 8, 2014
Bad environment for programmers. Noisy cubicles - tech support all around. Equipment beeping and buzzing all day. No advancement in job or salary in any visible range. Boring work, working on projects that anyone hardly cares about. No admin privileges and no freedom to work how you want, only by their strict and often wrong rules.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Técnico de electrónica (Former Employee) –  I+DOctober 28, 2014
formacion constante.
buenos grupos de trabajo.
lugar de trabajo en buenas condiciones.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Sr. Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 5, 2014
Management is fantastic! Co-workers were also fantastic! You are not treated like a number you are treated like a family member! They are courteous, smart, well respected, hard working and very helpful! They have a tuition reimbursement program, full benefits which include a fantastic life insurance policy. Very, Very generous sick and vacation pay! I would recommend UTC to everyone!
Pros
Everything about this company is a pro!
Cons
There were no Cons
Plant closing down
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJune 24, 2014
Was a good company to work for until they started closing down the plant I work at.
Cons
Closing plant
Was a great workplace
SCM MANAGER & BUILD/RELEASE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2013
My 17 year ride is now over, it has been a great place to learn and grow. I will miss my co-workers.