UTHealth Houston
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

UTHealth Houston Employee Reviews

United States306 reviews

Its a job

Its a job. Pays the bills. I just go in, put in my time and go home. most people are fake but it doesn't matter to me because I don't deal with them..

Revenue cycle Management

My experience at UT HEALTH Houston for RVCM was horrible. I have never been so disrespected before in my entire coding career (5 Years). I wasn't valued as a team member. Everything was blown out way out of proportion.If you do work for them make sure you don't plan on any vacation for 6 month don't ask for help or clarification on anything. Also, if you do one thing wrong and don't know the rules from the start they will give you a zero for job knowledge. When you are trying to understand your job they will put it on your 2 month review. It was literally the worst experience ever. Benefits might look great but not the drama. I did like doing the coding in my job but there was just too much drama and conflict. Very hostile work environment. Save yourself the stress and drama and find something better! They will say they are not micromanaged but they are.

Pros

TRS Fund, insurance and pto

Cons

drama, strict scheudle, hostile work enviorment

UTHealth Houston insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Flexible Company

One of the most flexible companies to work at that allowed remote work and handled any problems that arose in my life. They are authentic in their statements and you will truly be valued in any role.

Shining gem in TMC

I’ve worked in the Academic and Healthcare industry for several decades within TMC. Most were worked at another nearby institution and have only recently discovered UTH. There is a wealth of opportunity and room for growth here…both for newbies and the experienced. UTH pays a bit less to start off but make up for it quickly with generous increases. Great benefits and generous sick time/PTO. The overall environment is collegial and relatively laid back. Who knew that two institutions in UTS and blocks away from one another could be so different.?!

Great system to work for with dedicated staff and supportive managers. Plenty of opportunities for growth and development in a department that has a good overall collegial culture.

Great Company

Overall great place to work. Manager was helpful and flexible. Benefits are very good. Seems there is always a bad apple in the bunch that makes your work less enjoyable, but that’s almost everywhere. Some people are just miserable.

Benefits

Cons

You have to pay for parking

Need new young blood

Uthealth Houston is a big campus. Many different departments, clinics and educational environments. My experience has been in the office of development. This department lacks communication, LEADERSHIP, and trust. Management is old & with that comes old school thinking. Turnover rate in this department is HIGH for those reasons.

Benefits

Cons

Micro management, old school management

I have been here for almost a year and a half as a casual employee. Best place I've been for part-time work! The environment is great and the professors are most helpful when I have questions about exams.

UT is a great company/University

Depending on what department you work, parking is horrible! paying 20 and up to park for a job?? Benefits are what keeps everyone here. But if you have great management in your department then you should be fine! Overall a great company to work for.

Average university, #1 concern is public image

I enjoyed my time as a TA, though this was largely because the professors I worked with were great. Get higher up in the bureaucracy and you get the people you'd expect—afraid to make any changes that may actually help students in the long run.

Great benefits

The benefits are great but the pay could be so much better. Management depends on every department and you have to know the right people to have a better working environment.

Benefits

Cons

Management and low pay

Exceptional coworkers, good work environment, good benefits

I worked at UTHealth for many years in many different positions. Not all the positions were particularly engaging, and I ran into some difficulty in navigating bureaucracy on occasion. However, I will say that my colleagues and supervisors at UTHealth were supportive of my career goals, and I had ample opportunity to learn and grow with the University. The culture is great, very supportive.

Your experience depends on your team and department.

My department is fine. Good people. Pay could be better. Great benefits. Lots of room to grow and advance. Love the flexibility of WFH since covid hit.

Pros

flexible, benefits, generally nice people

Cons

pay

Great Benefits but pay is lower than average

Benefits are great. Pay is lower than average. Team is great but management is kind of a mess. Working here is a very department-specific experience.

Pros

Benefits, good people, flexible

Cons

Pay

Very stressful

The working environment is fine. The department manager is very pushing. People working there are not trusted. I feel very stressful working there. Suggestions and inovations are not welcomed there.

Productive and nice people

I worked part-time as a graduate research asistantant. I learned a lot from the job. I also developed my dissertation thesis from my work. My supervisor is very nice and the professors are always willing to help.

Yez

Good work environment. Got the chance to learn a lot. I recommend working as a researcher assistant at the school, great experience. Got to learn a lot too

Great work life balance

Overall one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Amazing work life balance and good benefits/pay. Unfortunately no upward mobility, could be years before you receive a promotion. It really depends on the area you support and the departmental need.

Pros

Work life balance, fair compensation, amazing benefits, work from home opportunities

Cons

No upward mobility, you can work the same job for many years

Good job and benefits

They provide clinical supervision, remote work, decent benefits. Highly respected entity in the Houston area, although the pay sometimes seems lower than other comparable work places. Overall, happy with getting to work from home and receive clinical supervision.

Pros

remote work, clinical supervision provided

Cons

pay on the lower end

Micromanagement

Management is poor as they like to micromanage patient schedules. It's always what the patient's wishes over the patient wishes. So much politics and playing favoritism.

Pros

Benefits, holidays

Cons

Pay, poor management

Great place to start career

I am grateful for the opportunity I had here at UT. I appreciate all the support and respect I had from management. I feel UT gave me the tools to succeed further in my career.

Pros

Career development

Cons

N/a

Common questions about UTHealth Houston

Answered by current and former employees at UTHealth Houston

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTHealth Houston. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight