Utica College Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 19, 2018
Best place to work as an adjunct. Very flexible hours and hard to compete with salary from other adjunct facilities. Had of education department is attentive and always willing to help.
productive and fun workplace
Communications (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 18, 2018
Working with Utica College Admissions was always fun and fast paces. We were seen as a team yet we always made it a competition to see who could talk to the most perspective students to lighten the mood and talk to these students as one of us instead of just a script. The days we set up open houses though we always collaborated as a team and these were extra fun days. We spend mornings setting up the entire campus and the rest of the day giving tours and talking to these students in person. The hardest part was waking up at 5am to set up.
Awesome!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 14, 2018
As a student I have an on-campus job working in the Opportunities Office. The people that I work with are awesome and I love working with them. They are very flexible with my schedule and always let me do my homework if the day is slow and there is not much for me to do. Would definitely recommend to students to look for on campus employment opportunities such as this one!
fun environment with great benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 30, 2018
Working at UC is great because the people you work with become family. they have great benefits that include free tuition and you cant beat that. Although it is great to work at UC I have experienced that there is no room for growth in my field of work there.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
healthcare plan is expensive and no room for growth
It is a place to work
TECHNOLOGY AND MEDIA SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 22, 2018
There are good people they are nice and understanding, there are plenty on knowledgeable faculty and staff. It is not perfect but it is a fine place to work.
Relaxed and rewarding
intern (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 20, 2018
The office setting was relaxed. It was a great work experience. The people were very kind. The work was simple and easy to understand. Being able to interact with the college students was rewarding.
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 23, 2018
I absolutely loved this job, I made my own hours because the students reach out to me whenever they need me. It felt good that I was able to help them understand the material and raised their grade in the class.
Pros
Helping the students
Cons
Limited hours
Great PT
Adjunct Nursing Faculty/Online nursing faculty (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 14, 2018
Taught online courses. Enjoyed working administration and other staff. Class sizes were ok. Consistently keep adjunct involved. Students were diverse and seemed enthusiastic about career.
Pros
flexible
Cons
flat pay rate/standardized curriculum
Fun workplace
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 8, 2018
Great place to work I enjoyed the staff the students and the environment.Beautiful landscape and environment.The weather can be a challenge at times because you have to patrol and work in all environments.
Small fun place to work
Undergraduate study/Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 29, 2018
This is a tight knit community that works extremely well together. It's a great department with wonderful faculty and new lab space. Not a huge student population, giving one on one work.
Productive Environment
Office Assistant-College Work Study (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 22, 2018
To work directly with an office that promotes student sucess as a freshman was very rewarding. You are exposed academic adivising while on the clock. This is definitely a recommended work place for any student who wants to or is taking his studies seriously.
Exciting work study job
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 21, 2018
Working as a work study in the athletic center is one of the best work study jobs you can get on campus. There is always something to do and is a good way to work on communication skills with the public.
good job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
good job for temp work, it was a project to repair the dome at the college and the work was very fast pace and very stressful because their was a deadline to be met and the weather sometimes did not allow the work to be done on some days
It was good experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working there because it was good experience for graduate school. I was able to learn how to work with students as well as learn how to work in a lab.
Student
Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 5, 2018
I can't fully say how working there was, I was a Student so I did work study. I don't think having a work study job can say how the work environment is.
Secure place to work, but pay is not good
Online Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NY 13502February 18, 2018
Training opportunities, but no increase in salary. Not too many chances to move up. Work can be stressful, but it comes with the territory. We have a lot of contact with students, phone calls to families, one on one visits all while helping students understand the ins and outs of financial aid.
Pros
Security
Cons
Low pay
What You will learn
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The work does not equal the pay you will receive. Many individuals work extremely hard but do not get paid the appropriate wage. The overall environment is very friendly and somewhat supportive.
Utica College
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I loved being and intern and graduate assistant at Utica College. I spent many years there as a student and it was beneficial to my career to do the work asked of me and perform it to the best of my abilities. While it wasn't exactly related to my career goals, I did learn a lot from it.
Enjoyable
Assistant Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I just worked as a work study, but enjoyed the opportunity of working there.I worked a fair amount of hours and got paid a fair amount. It was nice working there.
Good benefits if you do not need capital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 9, 2018
As with many places this day and age, the cost of living does not exactly match what people need to make. The college is working on improving revenue which changes the workplace culture. The first place many cut back on is a lot of the fringe benefits. So, now there seems to be a bit more turn over because the focus is no longer on employee retention. It's about the bottom line. The danger in that tunnel vision is not seeing the cost of onboarding adding up in years to come when the reevaluate their first fiscal year of administrative change.
Pros
tuition reimbursement for family members, Pto
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utica College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3