UtiliQuest Employee Reviews in Beltsville, MD

When you first start they allways say take your time .don't rush so you won't get a damage. Then when you get almost a year in there rushing .
Gas line locator and water and electric (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDNovember 19, 2017
They don't say anything about production in the beginning. When you start.And be taking your time like they told you . They start saying your production is slow you need to move faster. Then thats when the damage come from trying to speed up.They want you to do 20 or 30 tickets in a day.
What I learn with Utiliquest you have to sacrifice quantity than quality.
Utility Locator Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 20, 2017
If you want to take your time to do your job better you are wrong because you are not going to make a good production. To get a good production finish all your ticket in a record time. They evaluate your production according how much you did and not how good your work is. If your production is lower than other workers you send you home when they don't have a lot of tickets. Sacrifice quality than quantity.
Didn't get to experience anything substantial with this company
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 18, 2017
A typical day on a work site, is marking and locating utilities on a work ticket. I learned an abundance, in my short stint with UtiliQuest. I learned how to identify, different utilities marked out on the pavement. My manager, either didn't like having subordinates or didn't like me wasn't clear on that. The culture there, was extremely cut throat and confusing. The hardest part of the job, was not being able to locate and mark a work ticket. The most enjoyable part of the job, was to be able to finish your work load at a reasonable time of day.
Pros
Being able to do On call
Cons
Very short break for a 10-12 hour shift
Damage Prevention Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Awsome company to work for, ability to clock in and out directly in the field of work. Measure twice cut once, Saftey is Key. Management is intertwined with the pulse of the employee. Hardest part of the job is lack of support in the field, most enjoyable part is the sense of self accomplisment when figuring out how to do something on your own.
Pros
someone not over your shoulder
Cons
Disciplanary resluting in DriveCam technology.
Not a good place to work.
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 2, 2016
They are understaffed and they over work individuals. When it comes to getting a pay raise they hold back as much as possible no matter how well you are doing.
Utiliquest
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 7, 2015
If you like to work alone, this is the position for you. Very easy work and competitive pay. This is definitely a job for someone who doesn't enjoy being micro managed
Free and easy work environment
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 22, 2013
Great place to work and learn. You can do a lot of networking also. Nobody looking over Your shoulder. you are responsible for You own work day.
What I Learned
Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 24, 2013
Utiliquest was a great experience. I learned the importants of Ms. Utility laws. I had never held a job dealing with utilities before then. I understand construction, from blue prints, to code regulations, and how different utilities effect where things can be build.