UtiliQuest Employee Reviews in Gainesville, VA

Field technician
Feild Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJuly 8, 2018
Well this job is very stressful because you got to find the utility’s in the right exact spot because someone life or utility’s could get damage if your even slightly off. There no lane control so you have to get in the street sometimes without lane control so you got to work quick and smart.
driver/Utility technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 6, 2018
typical work day- 8 hours outside driving to different
location.

what have i learned- i learned to locate underground
utility's

managemen- some great some not

work culture- different mixtures

hardest part of my job- trying to locate some thing that is hard to loacte

most enjoyable part of my job- is getting paid lol
Too Much Demand Not Enough Supply
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with all managers and technicians. Everybody was nice to me. The type of work can get to be confusing at times. Overall I thought everything is great except one thing. I see this company is thriving with work load and well that's great but it might be too much. Everybody looks busy and stressed out especially during the times of Spring Summer and Fall. I think the biggest problem with this company is that they are trying to bite off more than they can chew when they just are not quite ready for the work load with the current available employees. There is too much demand (work) with not enough supply (workers). I think it is creating an even further hole when some people are quitting due to reasons that I guess have relations of being overly loaded with work. I see they have advertising with magnets on trucks. I constantly saw new employees in training, but I guessing it might not be enough when I still saw a high turnover rate. If I could help out with any ideas to share maybe put up billboard signs on I 66 and I 95 commercials on T.V. or radio stations, raise the price for clients to pay for services. Some days in the summer, I worked in the office and I spent the entire day helping in the dispatcher out asking customers for time extensions to help the technicians, and I am sure it helped but it's not lowering much in the overall demand load.

I saw the managers trying to give the employees the location where they wanted to work but I thought maybe this idea I had in mind could be beneficial, create an optional survey for all technicians that involve
  more... asking where they live, then where they want to work a) work in the same city b) a different specific location c) I don't care I like working in different areas everyday. Then map out everyones location and maybe give more preference to those technicians who have had more months/years of experience.  less
Pros
Most everything was fine to pretty good.
Cons
Felt a little too exhausted sometimes, didn't have much free time.
was not ran llike a professional company should have been
Locator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 3, 2017
overloaded everyday, supervisors have no concern for their team, management was lazy, no desire to help or look after employees, expected to do more then reasonably possible
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
everything else
Productive workplace with alot of things to learn.
Locator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 15, 2017
A normal work day would start around 430-5 o'clock am, i would drive my company vehicle to my first job site from there i would clock in and begin to work. Most of the work I did involved me being on my feet for long periods of time and outside in the different weather conditions.
Job Sucked
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 11, 2016
The pay was not great and you where mirco managed all the time. I was not pleased with the job. I did learn how to locate underground wire and pipes. I also learn how to inspect gas meters.
Locate Utilities
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 30, 2016
Damage prevention specialist, locates underground utilities (electric, gas, water communications etc.) to prevent hazardous damages before contractors and construction crews before digging.
Pros
Work truck, gas card
Cons
On call
Good job but horrible company
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Horrible, the compensation does not match the work, management is clueless and the company as a whole is horrible. Good people are quitting in droves. This job would be great if it were unionized for the benefits and employee protection. Great stepping stone for other opportunities in the utility industry. Don't work here!!!!!
Pros
Take home truck, and gas
Cons
$$$, benefits, stress, undertrained, general working conditions !!!!, drive cam
Very busy
Damage Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMarch 31, 2015
Typical day at work I was drawing lines and checking lines for gas, phone, electric and water. I like my manager who was easy to get along with. my co workers were on other sites so I generally worked alone. The job was not hard at all.
Pros
bonus pay