UtiliQuest Employee Review

Easy to make overtime money but on call can interfere with life
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VADecember 6, 2018
Have to drive to first locate job and arrive by 7 am, work until 4:30 minimum other times working over. A lot of walking and work outside all day. Random drug test

Other UtiliQuest Employee Reviews

Unprofessional as it gets
Locator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2019
From the very first day I was hired the entire company and onboarding process is a joke and full of false promises. They don't care about anything except making money. Upper management doesn't communicate with other managers or HR for that matter. They expect a brand new person to communicate for them since none of them like each other and then fire you when you dont. The trucks are trash they don't clean them but once every 3 months. You'll be recorded the entire time you are driving their truck via drive cam. If you failed a drug test in the last 3 years you can't work here. If you have 4 driving events or 1 accident in 90 days your fired. You get treated like a piece of meat here....But hey the pays good....lol.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Immature unprofessional management team
Can make alot of money, bad management
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 9, 2019
this is a okay company to work for, if you do your job you can advance a lot. you get your own truck to take home, trucks have drive cam in them which can be a pain sometimes. Has okay benefits and starting pay is okay also. During the summer they always want you to work 10 hours a day and work weekends to stay caught up, not very much work/life balance I thought personally. Sometimes the job got repetitive. Also at times can be stressful because of jobs going late. If they don't like you they'll find a way to get rid of you I witnessed this multiple times. All and all if you're looking for a job where you can get lots of overtime make a lot of money this isn't a bad place to be, I got bored with it so I left and found something different.
Pros
Work truck, by yourself
Cons
long hours, on call sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UtiliQuest. Our community is ready to answer.