UtiliQuest Employee Reviews

811 system
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Great job if you can work 6 days a week & work 50+ hours almost every week. Not so great if you are a single parent.
Very stressful environment and work by yourself everyday.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Work by yourself everyday; Very stressful; Expected to work lots of hours, 6 days a week
Management sucks
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 9, 2018
If you don't know what you're doing they treat you like you're stupid. Don't expect to get time off if your sick or family is in the hospital. I notified my manager of me going on vacation three times and 4 months prior to me leaving and he threw a hissy fit. When I was sick I called off and they showed up without warning and took back the work truck.
Not a stable workplace
Meter Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 1, 2018
We can’t work in rain or snow which is crazy considering we are in NWI. The benefits are sky high, pay is fairly good at $14. Management is hit or miss at times they don’t respond to calls or texts. They are pushing now for numbers more than ever, but what job don’t.
Pros
Work truck
Benefits
Utiliquest...Meter Remediation ..Northwest Indiana
Meter Painter (Meter Remediation) (Former Employee) –  Northwest In.January 30, 2018
My experience with being hired at Utiliquest (Meter Remediation Dept specifically) was a huge waste of my time to say the least.The HR department has poor attitudes, the management doesn't know what there doing, and treat people poorly with threats about making unachievable daily numbers do to poor weather all the time. Then on top of that they always call you off if weather is bad with no pay. Who can pay there BILLS like that!! Beware of this company.. HUGE WASTE OF TIME!
Decent job.
Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2018
There is nothing good and nothing bad I can say about this company. The training you receive is kind of mediocre and I do wish they would emphasize on having certain skills before applying. For example: construction experience, knowledge of wiring and electronic utilities and equipment, etc. For someone with no experience with this stuff I was very lost from the start and it did not help my career at all.

As for some pros, my supervisor and lead tech were very very helpful and supportive. Never felt like I could not count on them for anything. It's easy to move up as long as you don't f*ck up all the time. You get to make your own schedule in a way.

If you're looking for something temporary or have some kind of experience with things I mentioned above then this is an OK place to apply for and work.
Pros
Normal hours while starting off, helpful supervisors(at least in my office)
Cons
Mediocre training, some questionable working conditions.
Lacks management, Common sense, no structure
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 2, 2018
This is a good summer job. Nothing else!
Their expectations are wild, they continuously say it's not about numbers, but then they say it is. This place is the definition of inconsistent. Managers don't what's going or what to do. Painting meters in 5 below weather conditions when painting conditions state that we shouldnt be painting below 45 degrees. This management team is a joke. I feel bad for supervisor. We don't work in rain or in snow but yet they can tell us what they consider rain or snow. We don't know if we're working sometimes but don't get told untill late at night. Which makes it diifucult to plan accordingly. Overtime is only pro other than that stay clear of this place.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Everything about this job
decent work , no room for career advancement
DAMAGE CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 30, 2017
very challenging work in an environment i had not worked before. not a position i can see myself doing in the future and not much room for advancement
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
Not that good
Locator Technician III (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 19, 2017
Very slow to advance and never pay you what you are worth. Work all the time never a thank you or a good job. Cool supervisers, manager not so much.
Pros
company truck
Cons
camera in truck, always in trouble
Had potential to be a great job. Managment would rather replace you then let you advance.
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 13, 2017
There are days where it is ok to work for this company but the days a few and far in between. Management is unorganized and does not back their employees up they will just replace you. No incentives other then to keep your job when your work load is way overloaded they do not help out they make you work long hrs all they care about is getting the jobs finished not the well being of employees.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Low pay overworked bad management.
under staffed
Utility Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2017
good place to make a lot of money but diffidently is not a long term gig, poor management and very under staffed. management does not show support or care for techs in the filed
Its good OT
Utility Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CADecember 2, 2017
Lots of OT and chance to travel whichbis all paid for but stressfull at times but i mean what job isnt. I cant really complain there is always work if not your route then u can help someone in theirs
Bad management
Procurement/Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2017
Bad management. Worst job ever. There is no guidance from upper management. Lack of communication. This job put my career path back 10 steps. Hardest part of the day was just showing up
When you first start they allways say take your time .don't rush so you won't get a damage. Then when you get almost a year in there rushing .
Gas line locator and water and electric (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDNovember 19, 2017
They don't say anything about production in the beginning. When you start.And be taking your time like they told you . They start saying your production is slow you need to move faster. Then thats when the damage come from trying to speed up.They want you to do 20 or 30 tickets in a day.
stressful
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 17, 2017
its a locating job so you have to over work yourself to get your job done. and you have to work weekends to be able to have a clean load for next week
Pros
pay is good
Cons
stressful place to work
Training oppertunities
Lead Claims Investigator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 7, 2017
Utiliquest does a great job training employees for the job they are hired to complete, employee benefits include an assigned company vehicle that you take home
Pros
independence
Cons
advancements
Not the ideal place to work the strees lvl is to much to handle
Utility locater technician (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CA 91754October 24, 2017
The strees lvl is so high that ur mistakes u do on the field can get u fired if the camera on the truck does not strees u more then what U r

Also lead person on the field makes u do stuff the class teaches u not to do
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
Everything they teach you nor to do on the field you’re superviser on the field tells u to do it
Very stressful
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
This is the perfect job if you like being stressed. Immediate manager was great, but at the end of the day all they wanted was to get tickets done and make money. The well being of employees and their stress levels didn't seem to bother the regional manager.
Pros
Great coworkers, compnay truck and gas card
Cons
stressful, long days
Great job.
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 12, 2017
The pay is good. Advancement opportunities. Paid job training. Vacation time and PTO. Minimal supervision. Able to set your own schedule. Home everyday.
Pros
Good pay, minimal supervision.
Cons
Long hours, production driven, high cost of insurance.
Ridiculous hours, pay does not match production expectations
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 12, 2017
If you're single with no hobbies, this type of work is good for saving up money but not much else. You're expected to work always no exceptions and throw in the on call 24 hours for on e week every two months. It's a lot to ask of someone
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
More hours than can be handled, never a day off. Your work output will exceed your pay
Great place to work if you can deal with the drive cam.
Utility Locator (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 10, 2017
Work as much as you like. there will be mental stress at times when dealing with difficult locates but other than that this is an awesome place to work take home truck as long as your performance is good you'll be getting a raise just like they say and they give bonuses for going damage free for a year. Great personal freedom in this place work at your own pace and work as much overtime as ya like.
Pros
Plenty of money to be made and consistent work year around.
Cons
Drive cam

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UtiliQuest. Our community is ready to answer.