Utilities Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 19, 2018
This was a great office to work in. Everyone was easy going, polite, yet professional. We got our work done but had fun doing it. Everyone there had been there a long time which says a lot.
Management big joke
Utilities CSR (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 4, 2018
Horrible management team who gossip about everybody behind there back. If you wanna work where management hires their friends who have no customer service experience or people skills. Dead end job with no room for getting promoted . No overtime or raises. They'll write you up for bs to keep from giving you a raise. Not good company to work at all.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Be prepare to be talked about
Good people
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2018
Good ppl, liked everyone I worked with. Great management who cares about you and knows how to get things done. Interesting field and had some minor difficulties learning the complexity of private water.
Pros
Good ppl
Cons
Very busy atmosphere with a lot of support from team members
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVFebruary 24, 2018
I would recommend working here. This is a very supportive environment with main offices across the country that interact on a regular basis to ensure quality and compliance.
You would be better off literally anywhere else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 26, 2017
If I could give this place 0 out of 5 stars, I would. If you're looking for a dead-end job with absolutely no chance to grow within the company, this is perfect for you. Utilities Inc are the slum lords of utility companies who make a profit off of screwing their customers in areas that can't afford their obnoxious rates. Management is hired from the outside with no basic-level training to give them any kind of understanding of the job their employees are doing. No competency test is given to potential hires, so they end up hiring illiterate employees. To say that job responsibilities are unevenly dispersed is an incredible understatement. No increase in pay or change in job title whatsoever to go along with any large changes in job duties. Director over Customer Service is a snooty micro-manager with no faith in her own employees' abilities.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
Good luck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 24, 2017
If you are looking for work place where you will be overworked, underappreciated, understaffed and underpaid this is the place for you. If you speak up against disparity in treatment you will be met with swift retaliation. Zero chance of advancement and nepotism is running rampant. Expect managers to micromanage every facet of your daily work routine while turning a blind eye to large important issues that need to be addressed.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, understaffed
Constantly busy workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Scott, LAMay 1, 2017
I was assigned certain sites to maintain sewage pumps. I drove to each site to pull pumps and make sure things were running properly. I typically worked alone unless I needed assistance from a coworker. The hardest part of the job is working in the rain.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short lunch breaks
Advenure everyday
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 27, 2017
Everyday hold something new or different. I enjoy the challenges that are brought to me to work with.
The hardest part of my job dealing with the frustration of not meeting the budget due to non payment from customers. Then making deciding what areas to re-forecast to meet that short fall.
Go elsewhere
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDNovember 3, 2016
No matter who you go to in upper management, their hands are tied by HR. They won't get rid of bad employees so you lose good working co-workers because they are tired of working more to make up for those not working and then they don't compensate you for it.

This used to be a great company to work for until Human Resources became God himself. There are companies comparable to this one with better pay and less aggravation. There is absolutely no communication within this company. No one knows what's going on.
Cons
Human Resources
good place to start out at.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVSeptember 28, 2012
Utilities Inc. is one place where a young person or even an older person can start out at and lean a new trade.
Pros
a good place to start a new career
Cons
no creditable edu' programe to train the employees in water and waste water regulation and tretment, this should be high on an employers list of training and educ

Want to know more about Utilities Inc.?

Ask a question
Exciting Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2012
Enjoy working here learning of new things and ways to service the communities.