UTLX Manufacturing, LLC Employee Reviews

Unless you are in dire need for a job KEEP LOOKING!!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Don’t waste a precious moment of your life at this place. They just need to hire temp workers because that’s how they treat you. I gave them 1 star because I couldn’t leave a -5. The very first day I worked here I knew I had to find the next job quick. Poor management that don’t respect the workers. No chance for any raises. Where you start is where you end. I toughed it out for a month and hopped on the first ticket out of there. LOL and there sign on bonus don’t happen until After 90 working days. 4 days a week so it will take roughly 5-6 months to collect it.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Utlx
Poor managing=high turnover rate
Welder class A (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, TXDecember 12, 2018
Long story short I went through the whole process of weld testing, background check, medical clearance an was going through the safety on boarding orientation 2nd day of training ...I had came down with some sort of stomach bug causing me to vomit an defficate periodically the night prior it kept me up most of the night so by the time I did go to sleep an taking medication to help this matter ..I woke up later in the day called as soon as I did awake, was asked did I have a doctor's note , I said could get one if needed, an was told I had been terminated due to not contacting by the company standards as stated in company policy... Weld tested 7 hrs was told i was coming on as a welder class A!!! was told not many A class welders come through often , oh aced my mental check they do as well on comprehensive problem solving, 3 panel interview went really well to ....so I went through this whole two week long process an before I can even hit the job scene to really show them what I can contribute I'm dropped like a wet towel ...there loss, because I'm awesome , in truth they helped me see the real side of how poor there management skills are , i gave alot of my time just to be told they lost interest how sad....might as well been snatching food out of my children's hands in my perspective... heartless management there seriously
Cons
Great place for consistent work. Learned alot.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 10, 2018
Only reason I left was because I had to relocate. The work is physical. I learned a lot about various welding procedures. My manger was fair and treated me good. Good people to work for, felt like a family and the big bosses actually cared about you and were fair and would talk to you. The benefits were the best I've ever had.
Pros
Low cost benefits. 401k. Pay
Bad outweighs the good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 26, 2018
The only positive thing I have to say about this place is their insurance is the best and the pay is reasonable.
The culture is comparable to “a prison life”
Management is the worst ever! Production employees are treated as though they are beneath management,when in reality they are the blood, sweat & tears of the company.
They talk the talk but certainly don’t walk it. It’s extremely segregated, teamwork is foreign to them!! Which explains the enormous turnover rate there.
Workforce reduction happens pretty regularly, no job security.

What I learned is........No job position is secure and employees have NO voice!!!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Too much to list
Fast paced work enviroment
Material Handler/Switchman (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, TXNovember 9, 2015
Structured work environment with safety precautions due to nature of job. Offers opportunities to learn operating multiple types of equipment. Supervisor supportive and politics typical of large company.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not many paid holdays
welder
Welder, Gun (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 14, 2015
Typical day at UTLX required full concentration. Work environment was pleasant. The management was great.The hardest part of my job was over-lifting parts. The most enjoyable was my co-workers.