Utopia Home Care Employee Reviews

No benefits
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2019
No benefits,no good salary plus I have five year we race salary no vacation time because you need to complete 21,000 at year no to much hour to work. No compensation benefits. Es una compañía que lo único que tiene bueno es que te sacan los taxes, aparte te ofrecen 401k no pagan vacaciones porque tienes que tener 1700 horas al año y nunca casi nadie la tiene no aumenta el sueldo si empiezas a 10 dólares por hora hay te queda porque no aumentan tampoco pagan tiempo y medio en los holiday solo paga un dólar más por hora .
Waste of time
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 12, 2019
The pay isnt enough. Not many hours it was good in the beginning. Lack of communication. They don't value or appreciate the caregivers. They want you to run errands but don't want to pay mileage only from client to client. August will be my last month working for the company. Other companies around offering better pay rate. No bonus no raises at all. No perks or anything
Never worked for a company who cared so little for their employees.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 9, 2019
I worked fpr UTOPIA for about 2 years. It was my first homecare job. I had been working in nursing homes for 9 years prior. That being said. I was hired at $12.00, normal rate for HHA. It was almost impossible to get more than 30hrs/week for an extended period of time. Management was a joke. My entire 2nd year there, the HHAs didn't even have a supervisor. No raises, no paid time pff, and no noliday bonuses. Including Christmas!! Which i found unbelievable! I've never worked for a companu who cared so little about their employees not to give them a gift, giftcard, bonisn nothing! Not even a company Christmas party!! And if you worked holidays, ypu only got $1.50/hr more, instead of the usual time amd ahalf more. The only good things i can say about Utopia is that you can make your own hpurs,very flexible. I meet some interesting,sweet people who were clients. And the nurse who cared for most pf my clients was awesome. I DO NOT recommend working there.
Requires alot of work.
Home Health Aide and Hospice Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 15, 2019
This is an extremely unconventional working situation. You are living and working in the same environment which can sometimes be challenging. There is a strong culture of accountability and this is due to the fact that you are responsible for the care of the clients, sometimes above your own.

However, it can be an extremely rewarding job because you develop trust and understanding which goes a long way in ensuring the health and wellbeing of all involved.
Awesome place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMay 31, 2019
Loved working in home-care. Unfortunately I left to be a stay at home mom. The patients were really sweet people to work with. I was able to make my own schedule so I could pop in at home and check on my family in between patients.
Pros
treat you like family
Cons
hours lacked smometimes
Buen ambiente laboral
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 29, 2019
Buenos días de trabajo buena calidad buen trato patronal
Patients Homes
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NY 11901April 11, 2019
they're some days that will be very easy and theyre some days where its very hard. somethings were difficult to handle with. you have to have patience.
Pros
you get alot of hours
Cons
some days they dont want you to take off
not what I expected after 3 years of working
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 14, 2019
Lack in communication, poor bed side manners, no incentive for the employee at all. travel to clients house most times to be refused and is a waste of time and effort
Cons
I love utopia mostly because they work around my son school schedule and flexibility is key for me
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2019
I like how you can chooses your own cases and hours. Utopia works around my son school schedule, all cases are close by my house so not too much traveling, you. CAn choose to work part time or full-time and they also pay for travel time which is awesome,The only thing I would say is the pay is not enough but the flexibility makes up for it.i been with this company for over 8 years and I absolutely love the company and live what I do.
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Cons
The pay is low
Poor manager
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noank, CTFebruary 22, 2019
I was per diem, yet even though they were short. I wasnt given full time. The nurse had the tack of a hole in the ground. I was no perfect aide, but I tired. My hours and hard work didnt matter. The nurse was our direct supivor. She was highly critical. She was very demanding. Major health concerns she knew nothing bout in general.
Pros
Hours aviable if you needed usually
Cons
Went through alot of staff, poor pay, poor nurses and h. R. Staff.
March 8, 2019

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Since this is an anonymous review and we can't speak to your specific situation, please feel free to call our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005 so we can discuss it further. We take online reviews seriously and will try our best to make sure everyone has a great experience with us.

Utopia was good to my and fit my schedule
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 28, 2018
I love utopia because, I had all the patient in the town I lived in which was Trumbull. I referred family member to Utopia for care. I would refer family friend Utopia.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
You were not compenstate for good work
December 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us overall and even referred a family member to us for care. We always have work available throughout Connecticut (especially the Bridgeport/Trumbull area), so please feel free to call our office at (203) 371-6119 if you're ever looking, even part time.

job takes a lot of heart
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
This is a job that keeps you on the road a lot. Due to cases ending

you could be kept in limbo for a while waiting for a new case to

open up or you might have to do several different cases in different

locations to make ends meet.
Pros
you meet people from all walks of life
Cons
requires a lot of driving
December 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us overall and if you're ever looking for work, please feel free to call our office at (631) 544-6005.

I loved my job and was sadden to leave my position
Office Manager/Home Health Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CT 06512November 13, 2018
I held my position for ,16-17 years, managed a staff of 48 HHA/CNA's
There were three shifts to staff which were 7-3p 3-11p and 11-7p. I worked in close and considerable contact with families and aides.
My goal was to cooperate with families and consider patient well being. I had respect for the aides that worked with me, families and
patients. My supervisors were excellent to work with.

I resigned my position when our agency was notified that Masonic
Care would be the primary Assisted Living Carrier in Tower One.

I would appreciate any opportunity to work in any capacity
again be it full or part-time.

I can give references of my nurse site managers if needed.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us overall; it's the hard work and dedication of our great employees that have allowed us to serve the community for over 30 years.

They have their workers at heart in time of decision making and planning patient care.
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2018
Utopia is good company to work for, they support and motivate their workers and provide flexible working environment for their workers.
They have great relationship with their employees.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us; it's the hard work and dedication of our great employees that have allowed us to serve the community for over 30 years.

If we can ever be of help to you in the future or you'd like to come back, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (631) 544-6005.

Very good company
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Very good company to work and to have your love ones very respect full and very responsible company with everything and everyone no complaints at all very good company
October 1, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us; it's the hard work and dedication of our great employees that have allowed us to serve the community for over 30 years.

If we can ever be of help to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005.

never again
Homemaker/Companion (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 24, 2018
lack of hours, lack of clients. whenever a client goes to rehab or is admitted to the hospital you're out of a job because they don't have any clients. and the staff does not care about your availability times, they will still call and ask if you can go to this client house and knowing that you don't work on certain days.
August 27, 2018

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with Utopia Home Care. We take our online reputation seriously and would like to address your comments.

Your review states that we never provided you with enough hours or replacement hours if a client was hospitalized, but the next paragraph says we called to see if you would like additional work outside of "your availability times". While we do our best to keep all of our staff busy, if your availability is limited to certain days/hours, that will effect what cases are available for you to work...this applies to any employer. Our client's determine the days and hours they need service, and since staff availability changes all the time, the Coordinator was only trying to do their job when offering you more hours based on what was available at that time.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to contact our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005.

RN Supervisors go elsewhere
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYAugust 16, 2018
No respect for nurses, family owners / " administrators " very unprofessional and severely lacking knowledge. This company just can not retain nurses . Very unpleasant work environment . No opportunity to learn, grow , advance or thrive . Conduct healthcare business like it were the stone age . Expect RN supervisors to file papers, assemble folders, basic clerical tasks. Clerical staff are better respected here than RNs. This is a family owned business members which care about each other not the functioning of a thriving healthcare business. A dead end street.
Pros
none any company offers better
Cons
poor salary, disrespect, unorganized, way behind the times, severely lacking management
August 21, 2018

It’s unfortunate that employees who abandon their job and clients have the ability to leave “anonymous” reviews.

Whether it’s an office employee, a Registered Nurse, an aide, or a client, everyone is treated equally and with the same respect at all times. This is absolutely necessary in order to maintain an excellent reputation for 35+ years, as well as contributing to the success of the business.

Utopia has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for employees who have a history of being disrespectful to their coworkers. A Registered Nurse who REPEATEDLY used inappropriate language, wore headphones in the office, ignored coworkers questions about her clients, who refused to answer the phone, and even refused to file her own documentation is not someone we can have on our team.

We hope that you can one day find happiness and the joy in caring for other people, which is a pillar of not only being a good natured person, but a great nurse…Best of luck in the future.

Ok job if its temporary
Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYAugust 14, 2018
workplace culture is pretty easy going. The upper management is a little disorganized and political but nothing major. Not a bad company to work for just has the disadvantage of not being able to advance as quickly as one would hope.
August 20, 2018

We take our online reviews seriously and we're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with Utopia Home Care. Since this review is anonymous, we encourage you to call our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005 so we can address your specific concerns.

Again, we take these reviews seriously and if there's anything we can do to help you or others who may have had similar experiences, we certainly will.

I enjoy working for this company
LPN - Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 1, 2018
Supervisor is awesome. Office staff are very helpful. No tuition reimbursement or educational seminars. Good scheduling, no micromanaging. Small Mom and Pop organization/
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
RNs dont stay
August 21, 2018

They don't appreciate their employees
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 1, 2018
While working with Utopia I did everything expected of me and more and they still deemed me as non rehire able even though it was often the family that asked me to leave early.
August 20, 2018

We take our online reviews seriously and we're sorry to hear that you feel this way about Utopia. Since your review is anonymous and contains only personal opinions regarding your time here, we encourage you to call our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005 so we can address your specific concerns.

Again, we take these reviews seriously; we recognize that it's the hard work and dedication of our staff that makes us the great company we are, so if there's anything we can do to help, we certainly will.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utopia Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.