Utopia Home Care Culture reviews

Great place to work!
LPN (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 15, 2019
Great office and field staff! Great communication and teamwork. Private company with locations through out Connecticut. Good territory. Competitive pay.
Requires alot of work.
Home Health Aide and Hospice Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 15, 2019
This is an extremely unconventional working situation. You are living and working in the same environment which can sometimes be challenging. There is a strong culture of accountability and this is due to the fact that you are responsible for the care of the clients, sometimes above your own.

However, it can be an extremely rewarding job because you develop trust and understanding which goes a long way in ensuring the health and wellbeing of all involved.
They have their workers at heart in time of decision making and planning patient care.
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2018
Utopia is good company to work for, they support and motivate their workers and provide flexible working environment for their workers.
They have great relationship with their employees.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us; it's the hard work and dedication of our great employees that have allowed us to serve the community for over 30 years.

If we can ever be of help to you in the future or you'd like to come back, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (631) 544-6005.

Ok job if its temporary
Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYAugust 14, 2018
workplace culture is pretty easy going. The upper management is a little disorganized and political but nothing major. Not a bad company to work for just has the disadvantage of not being able to advance as quickly as one would hope.
August 20, 2018

We take our online reviews seriously and we're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with Utopia Home Care. Since this review is anonymous, we encourage you to call our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005 so we can address your specific concerns.

Again, we take these reviews seriously and if there's anything we can do to help you or others who may have had similar experiences, we certainly will.

Career Stepping Stone
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 16, 2018
Workplace culture is stressful and very unsatisfying. Lack of leadership and often no direction from leadership. Think of a ship floating in the ocean with no destination in mind. Senior leaders attempt to lead through fear rather than respect. Benefits are awful outside an hour paid lunch. Facilities are falling apart and haven't been maintained or updated in decades. High turnover rate among supervisors. Revolving door office culture
Pros
Paid one hour lunch
Cons
Lack of career advancement, poor leadership, poor benefits (no match on 401k), stressful, no direct deposit
October 1, 2018

Hello - We take our online reviews seriously and we're sorry to hear that you feel this way about Utopia. Since this review is anonymous, we encourage you to call our Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005 so we can address your specific concerns. Again, we take these reviews seriously and if there's anything we can do to help, we certainly will.

dont do it
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kings Park, NYNovember 10, 2017
not a great place to work. It is a family run company and there is no real training done. You are almost left on your own. The billing staff were very nice and accommodating but its not great place to be the new person. Especially when they don't give you a chance and lie to you about the reason they were letting you go after 5 days
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
awful place to work
November 15, 2017

We're sorry you feel that way about your limited time (5 days) with us. You were hired as an experienced medical billing representative; at least 6 different Utopia employees worked directly with you during your training, all of whom were also experienced. In addition, our entire New York billing department sits within arm's length of each other, so your comment about being "left alone" and "no real training" is unfair.

Best of luck to you in the future,

at Utopia i feel like i am apart of a family that's really care about their clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 10, 2017
the hours are very flexible,
patience
management are very good
most enjoyable part of the job is to know that the clients are satisfied
the staff are very friendly.
October 1, 2018

We're glad you're enjoying your time with us; Thank you for the positive review!

A positive work place
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 4, 2017
A great place to work. The supportive environment encourages higher education. A place that promotes internally. Team building environment and has longgevity in its employee.
August 8, 2017

We're glad you're enjoying your time with us; it's the hard work and dedication from employees like you that help make this a great company to work for. Thank you for the positive review!

great hours
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Loved it until i got hurt, Great place to start for someone who wants to be a nurse. I liked the hours and i loved my client. Any health care agency is a great place to start
Visiting Nursing
RN Case Manager/ Admission Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 24, 2016
Typical Visiting Nursing company, no surprises. Hardest part of the job is managing traffic and travel time with charting and family time. Co-workers were great to work with.
Good companies to work for
Homemaker/Companion (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 8, 2016
I worked five days a week Monday thru Friday 7:30am-3:00pm doing what I love to do best, taking care of people. I had the best clients, easy to take care of. I learned to provide my services for different types of cultures, food, health and learned assist them in their daily care. I worked with my clients, nurses, doctors and family members. The hardest part of my job is when my clients get sick and end up in the hospital or past away.
Pros
Made my days go by smoothly
Cons
Dealy with all types of illness is not an easy task
Workday was very busy
Home Health Aide Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 17, 2016
Learned different types of families
Management and co-workers were easy going
The hardest part of job was finding employees for call outs
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Very busy
calm
providing assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 13, 2015
waits for patient to call when she needs us in a nice home like environment where co-workers are friendly. There no hard parts to this job maybe for some the timesheets.
About my Job experience at Utopia Home Care
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 3, 2015
It was a nice agency to work for but once you get settled into one case they would take you off of that case and give it over to someone else and place you on another case. The hardest part of my job was leaving patients that I had a very good rapport with.
Nice place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed working with different people. I got along well with every one. Every day was a surprising day never the same. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient.
Pros
I got along well with my co workers
Cons
No benefits
nice place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 30, 2014
friendly environment, nice people who care about you, many opportunities for advancement
productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  rockville center long island nyApril 27, 2014
productive work place, I enjoyed working with different patients,
Fun and flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 6, 2014
Great place to work at, fun and flexible schedule. great co-workers and supervisors are very good as well. Good pay.
Lot's of fun to work at
Staff Coordinator/Staff Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 14, 2013
Amazing people, a lot of fun to work at, my immediate supervisor Miss Meurice Bryan was amazing. Loved to laugh.
Very long hours, definitely a lot of work available and a lot of opportunities for advancement within.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Healthcare
Very nice work place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 13, 2013
I enjoyed workinhlg for utopia everybody was awesome. I love faring for people so that job was great for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utopia Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.