UVA Health System Employee Reviews

Diversity
RN Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAFebruary 5, 2019
UVA does not promote cultural diversity in this company. No matter how much experience you may have or how many degrees you may have than another person of a no Caucasian back ground you will not have opportunities' for advancement with UVA unless you are a token minority and even then you will still not be considered an equal.
Pros
Cons
work hard
Fast paced accountability stressful responsibility
Office Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 4, 2019
I really liked working there. The job was fast paced and stressful,but the other e employees were like family because you seen them more. The manager in my department was a little short on fairness,but it worked out. UVA is a great place to work they have the best benefits and really take care of the employees. The stress of the job is over whelming,not it is part of the job. I left my job a little early but I had to be a care taker for my parents and it was worth it.
Pros
Benefits and free food on hollidays.
Cons
Stress
Not enough staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 4, 2019
Many responsibilities not enough help. Responsible for clinic flow,responding to faxes and patient phone messages. Not enough time to complete tasks completely. Not much team work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Short breaks
Registred Respiratory Therapist
Staff Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  UVA Health South Charlottesville, VirginiaJanuary 3, 2019
UVA Health South now called Emcompass UVA is a rehabilitation hospital and my position is to care for patients in need of Respiratory Care during their stay from Nebulizer treatments to LVAC units. The facility is a well structured facility and cares for its patients and staff.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
sometimes late hours
Great place to work!
Hyperbaric Nurse, RN Clinician 3 (CWOCN) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 2, 2019
UVA is a fantastic place to work with multiple job benefits while working alongside some of the brightest and patient oriented colleagues. It is about the patient!
Ot-s
OT Student (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 30, 2018
Workplace culture could be stressful at times, as per the nature of the setting itself. Supportive staff willing to collaborate to refine efficiency to the best of their ability given a few limiting factors specific to the setting itself. Overall, knowledgable staff, committed to patient and progress, ethically, and continuous effort to stay current with regard to best practice standards.
Pros
Strong staff support
Cons
Stressful in terms of patient/staff density/ratio
Problematic
Animal Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 27, 2018
Could be a good position if one could remove the government nonsense and pay was commensurate. All the problems of working for a government agency. Most employees would never have been hired in the private sector.
I did enjoy it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 20, 2018
I get longer with people around me.
I do my work as my boss said
I learned to be patient
The hardest job is to blame someone
to be social with everyone around me
Pros
Cons
Everything is possible
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 10, 2018
The chaplaincy department is small, and the supervisor appears overworked. That said, UVAHS is a wonderful place to work and learn. Parking is a nightmare.
High stress
RN (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 11, 2018
Busy, busy, busy. Pay needs to be increased, based on expectations. Unit managers very helpful & supportive. Dining & coffee availability should be increased for staff.
Pros
Middle management
Cons
Pay
It's ok
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 29, 2018
It's not the worst place in the world to work. The problem is that no one takes responsibility for their actions. Managers do not learn enough information to be able to teach it to employees, leaving it up to the new hires to learn their job duties on their own.
Pros
Making new friends, learning about healthcare
Cons
No accountability for supervisors
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 6, 2018
Managed day to day operations pertaining to maintenance, housekeeping, and security. Ensured patient rooms were pristine and addressed any issues of concern. Patient care was our main priority. I enjoyed working with the staff, however, we were always short on help which put the strain on everyone.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Short staffed
Enjoyable experience
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time and learned a lot from the staff. I would resume this position any time. Every day was a new learning experience. The staff there were pleasant to work with.
Pros
Lenient management
Cons
nothing
Productive, fun, workplace
Assistant Residency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy my job. The environment is friendly and professional. Management is incredible and understanding of not only work life, but life outside of work. The team dynamic is fabulous. My co-workers and I all work together to get the job done.
wonderful coworkers
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 5, 2018
great place for patients to be treated. I have learned a lot about physical disabilities and the wonderful qualities of our staff. I am free to work independently and complete the tasks at hand.
Pros
wonderful job
Cons
good job
job security
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 4, 2018
no job security, company is unstable as of now, new ceo has terminated long term employees and cut hours. This isn't stable for employees who rely on their income
Amazing Place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 26, 2018
UVA is an amazing place to work. At UVA, employees are well respected. The leadership is strong and friendly. It is the best place in terms of patient care.
Research-driven medical care
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 26, 2018
I have great respect for the research, especially in cancer, that UVA Health System conducts. Medical staff members are dedicated professionals, caring for patients from all walks of life.
Pros
Good people
Cons
RNs are not very welcoming to other medical staff.
Great benefits but managed very poorly
Charlottesville - Transporter (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 15, 2018
Great benefits and enough work to keep you busy but the management was very poor and it's not nearly as professional inside as perceived on the outside.
Not paid enough
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  charlottesille, VAFebruary 23, 2018
It's not a terrible place to work but we don't get paid nearly enough for the job we do and e are not made to feel secure in our positions. We can easily be replaced and so they don't care that we are unhappy. I love the job I do but the schedule and pay is not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UVA Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight