UW-MILWAUKEE

UW-MILWAUKEE Employee Reviews

United States48 reviews
Good place to work. very flexible. They teach you alot of things and you learn alot. Meeting new people and the diversity is very good. If you could work here, do it!
It was a good school. I went there for biology and pre-dental. The teachers were helpful and I learned a lot. The tuition is also very affordable. I would reccomend.
Great place of learning and opportunity to use the skills you learned in school into practice. As well it's great to work with others in your field that are classmates and provide opportunity to build soft skills and team work skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
na
I was truly able to grow as an individual not only that I was able to build a very strong network. One of my joys working in this position was that I was able to make a difference in the youth lives who came to our programming. Having them come back and speak on the positive impact that he programs and I had on their life was rewarding.
I liked the environment that this team has. My manager was always very helpful. He always focused on having the team work together and aim for high goals.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
UW Milwaukee had many opportunities for advancement and self improvement by providing college tuition reimbursement. There also internal educational options such as training to use new forms, new software, etc.

Each division was huge yet we felt like a united campus.

Fun activities were planned for students and the staff.

Excellence in our work was rewarded.
Good environment to learn in a lab setting. The professor that oversees the lab is patient and will to show you proper lab etiquette. Overall an enjoyable experience.
Teaching & research assistants have to work with professors. Most of them are helpful and provide sufficient guidance. TA ship can include teaching problem solving and lab sections.
Worked here for 2 years while in school. My favorite job held throughout my career at UWM.

Great opportunity to meet people and see the campus at Milwaukee.
I enjoy working here as a graduate student. Management in my department is very kind and willing to assist with student issues. I would recommend this graduate school.
Absolutely loved working here as a group exercise instructor. The people and management are very helpful and want you to succeed. I highly recommend working here!
I loved working as a research and teaching assistant in UWM. The atmosphere was professional yet flexible enough, our mentors provided good guidance and everybody tried to elevate each other.
learned a lot about company and corporate compliance guidelines working for UW-Milwaukee. i was able to take a lot of computer classes, and attend several regulatory seminars.
Pros
Classes and relaxed environment
Cons
Pay was not good
I loved working in the catering department, the chefs that were above me were amazing mentors and the student workers listened well to direction and worked amazing as a team.
Pros
great hours, pay and training
Cons
clothing sizes were to big for my uniform
It was a very good experience to work for uwm police at the time It was just best for me to find something that fits my life. Also the supervisors and staff were great.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
This was your typical college job. As a student I was able to work around my school schedule, classes came first and the management understood as a student I may need time to study and finish projects.
Great place to work if you have a collaborative mindset and like a good balance between work and home life. Fast paced yet still a relaxing work environment. Get to learn and use popular software and productivity platforms. Good compensation and opportunities to advance your career.
Pros
Vacation and sick time along with insurance benefits
Cons
Employee collaboration outside of the workday was not prevalent
Great opportunity to aply classroom knowledge to problems of real companies. Had the opportunty to work with other students and seasoned staff to bring real solutions.
The environment is beautiful and my coworkers along with my managers are very nice to me, but I really don't get paid enough for what I do. I was supposed to have gotten a 30 cent raise along with my raise for being promoted. It's been going on two months and I still have yet to get them and I'm doing more work with more responsibilities still at the rate of $9.20. This is ridiculous.
Productive and Busy

Work was always busy and exciting. Problem solving I believe was key in this position as a director's assistant.

I really had to think on my feet and problem solve on and off location.

I learned many different great skills, abilities, and developed tools to use in many different applications.
The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (also known as UW–Milwaukee, UWM ) is a public urban research university located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States.It is the largest university in the Milwaukee metropolitan area and a member of the University of Wisconsin System. It is also one of the two doctoral degree-granting public universities and the second largest university in Wisconsin.

PhD program in Engineering is much stronger than the numbers in the US rank.