UW Health Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxed
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2018
made appointments for mammograms and x-ray department, entered information into epic system, and in patient charts, answered telephone and transferred to appropriate departments as needed.
Pay good Work Stress and life Very Poor
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  hostpialSeptember 28, 2018
New Manager of CS has no clue what she's doing! Way over her head. ALWAYS Short STAFF and has STRICTS RULES for all the new HIRES of 3 -6 months. Work LOAD is too much. Always HIRING! Fast turn over rate. Over WORKED not worth the pay. Go else where. No one can leave our (department due to (LACK of STAFFING) Were stuck!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Over loaded high turn over rate. Always short stafted
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on and we take these concerns seriously. So that we can address this, please call: 608-263-6500.

Great place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Great work/life balance, benefits, etc. Room for advancement. Great training program and excellent management. I would work again for UW Health.
clear established goals and expectations
Optician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 5, 2018
U.W. Health is a great place to work, they encourage you to grow with the company. U.W. Health is the best so they only hire the best. I had to move down south, but I didn't like leaving. They are great people.
Health Referral Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 28, 2018
Amazing environment. Fabulous staff with infinite
knowledge, great team work. Patients can be challenging at times but working together makes it such a great place to work.
I love the providers here
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 9, 2018
I also love most of the MA's that I work with. Management needs improvement - honest communication is lacking. There is good teamwork in most areas of the clinic. The people who are affected most should be involved in decision making and planning of new ways of doing things.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
communication from management, CEO should be more involved.
Good job
Chefs Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2018
I loved it perfect place to work. Pay was great and everything I did there I loved it. Met many new people and so diverse. Didn’t like the manager in my position.
productive and fun
Health Information Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 1, 2018
UW Health is a great place to work. They make sure you have a life and work balance and are very understanding. They always try to engage co workers in activities in celebrating the hard works of an employee.
Negative Environment
Environmental S (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 28, 2018
With all of the budget cuts in the UW Health system, the hospital has (as I am still employed there) become a very negative, ever changing place to work. Policies are constantly being changed, and not for the better. :(
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on. Please call HR at 608-263-6500 to discuss further.

Job satisfaction depends on what department you're in
Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 28, 2018
Pros: decent pay for what you do
good benefits if you qualify(I don't)
good work/life balance
people are nice

Cons: don't promote from within
no flexibility with hours
lots of cutbacks led to bitterness and anger among employees
which affected productivity and relationships
Pros
good pay, work/life balance
Cons
no promotion from within(gotta apply with all the others and hope you get it), lots of angry people due to cutbacks
managers
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 23, 2018
A lot of housekeepers need better training.hospital needs a good cleaning. lack of staff. a n.p was rude to me denied me my heart meds. cafeteria over priced.
Pros
good pay
Cons
managers
July 25, 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d like to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at: 608-263-6500.

Don't recommend the stress
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2018
I'm a current worker and I'm just letting you know that it is super bad here. Management doesn't know that they are doing forcing people to work 7 days straight without a day off and on top of it all of they are forcing us to do the job of 4 people by yourself. Way to stressful
Pros
Cons
Overworked under payed.
July 23, 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry to hear you're unhappy in your role. Please contact HR at 608-263-6500 to discuss your concerns.

Supervisors time spent in too many meetings
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
As a supervisor, it was required that I attend several meetings a week which took away time that I needed to spend on tracking productivity and training.
Pros
Workout room on site (at AOB)
Numbers Driven
Business Intelligence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2018
The organization is becoming more and more numbers driven. Employees try to shield patients from it, but there is a lot of pressure to perform to ensure organization is running as lean as possible.
Really focuses on patient care and anything that can advance that.
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2018
UW-Health puts patient care above all else. If you are in a role that directly impacts this, you are treated very well. Support positions (non-nursing or non-providers) are treated well in general but are definitely secondary to the aforementioned patient-care units. Salary is decent but slightly under market. Benefits, people and work environment are good.
Guest Service Am (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 25, 2018
They should have more training for the jobs at hand. If the manage more then one department they should have training in all departments. Or they should have at least some experience.
Benefits are great
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2018
Good place to work the night shift. The benefits are one of the best in the state of WI. They reimburse for tuition. It can be challenging to get a break when it's busy.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Rewarding job if you're willing to work for it
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 10, 2018
I cannot speak for positions outside of those which I have personally held, so to that effect, my overall impression of UW Health is that the work is incredibly rewarding, but not without it's stresses.
Great Place to Work
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
I loved the culture and people at UW Health. The benefits are great and you have access to so many different Health Care options. It's a great place to work.
June 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here.

Good place to work but hard to move up.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 3, 2018
I learned a lot from working at UW health , but people hardly get promoted. The workplace culture can be a little hard to deal with. Some management tries to get people to get a long and change it, but have succeeded yet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UW Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight