UW Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supervisors time spent in too many meetings
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
As a supervisor, it was required that I attend several meetings a week which took away time that I needed to spend on tracking productivity and training.
Pros
Workout room on site (at AOB)
Numbers Driven
Business Intelligence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2018
The organization is becoming more and more numbers driven. Employees try to shield patients from it, but there is a lot of pressure to perform to ensure organization is running as lean as possible.
Guest Service Am (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 25, 2018
They should have more training for the jobs at hand. If the manage more then one department they should have training in all departments. Or they should have at least some experience.
Benefits are great
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2018
Good place to work the night shift. The benefits are one of the best in the state of WI. They reimburse for tuition. It can be challenging to get a break when it's busy.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Rewarding job if you're willing to work for it
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 10, 2018
I cannot speak for positions outside of those which I have personally held, so to that effect, my overall impression of UW Health is that the work is incredibly rewarding, but not without it's stresses.
Great Place to Work
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
I loved the culture and people at UW Health. The benefits are great and you have access to so many different Health Care options. It's a great place to work.
June 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here.

Good place to work but hard to move up.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 3, 2018
I learned a lot from working at UW health , but people hardly get promoted. The workplace culture can be a little hard to deal with. Some management tries to get people to get a long and change it, but have succeeded yet.
Enviromental
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 3, 2018
Great place to work wonderful hours treat staff with respect, they have some of the best doctors and nurses. friendly service a great company to build and growth
Unhappy worker
CNA (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2018
Bad management....rude and treat the co workers poorly... I should of just left when the others employees starting to leave. Everyone tattletale on everyone.... none of them smeed happy
Pros
Getting paid
May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at: 608-263-6500.

Positive working environment
Health Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2018
A great place to work filled with helpful, friendly, and hardworking people. It's a place dedicating to protecting the information of patients of UW Hospitals and clinics and exemplifies organization and excellence.
Love my job
Registered Nurse Family Medicine/Primary Care (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMay 20, 2018
I love my job at UW Health. The only reason I am leaving is that I am moving out of state. benefits are excellent and they have helped me to advance from my LPN role to my current RN role.
Pros
benefits, excellent co workers
Cons
staffing
Poor management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 17, 2018
Executive management is trying to cut costs by not replacing vacant positions and pilling more on to existing employees. Management needs to be improved.
Relaxed working environment
BadgerCare Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 17, 2018
The organization is forward thinking and offers opportunity for advancement plus training. At this time, however, there is a hiring freeze and there is much discussion on finding workspace for the current employees.
Pros
diversified
Cons
hiring freeze
UW has great benefits but they don't upset the work environment.
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 16, 2018
The department I work in refuses to train people equally across the board. They refuse to make critical changes that affect job performance and the ability to work independently and iffectively. The work environment is toxic and the manager refuses to make necessary changes in order to establish a good work dinamic. When it comes advancement there is no room to advance, the manager is close minded, doesn't listen to employees and can be very unprofessional.
Pros
Goood benefits
Cons
Employees are treated as things not people
Excellent place to work
Clinical RN (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMay 14, 2018
Opportunities for advancement, excellent compensation, and excellent management. Competent supportive staff who show their dedication through their work.
Pros
Opportunity for learning
Cons
Health care concern is focusing toward reimbursement.
Great Co-workers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 14, 2018
The co-workers were supportive though their was a definite hierarchy between workers. Nurses look down on anybody not an RN. Many aspects were micro-managed (which was not for me) such as don't clock in or out more than 3 minutes early/late. While on the phone don't say um or ahh or hmm and have no dead air time. Only clear liquids at work station in a clear water bottle.
work summary would rather not give opinion for publication
Health Information Specialist-Document Imaging (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 13, 2018
Reviews documentation for required data elements and sorts documents according to established guidelines, reviews documentation to determine all information is present and correct the document type, descriptor, encounter number or order number.
Not a good place to work at all
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 10, 2018
They dont care at all about their employees and no i don't want to speak to hr they dont care if you are sick even they well not exept a doctors not dont care if the whether is bad you are still expected to be at work if you get in a accident going to work do to bad whether its not their fault
Pros
Some benifits not worth the hasale
Cons
Not a caring working envierment at all
May 14, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience. However, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input.

Great Place to Work
Dietary Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53718April 17, 2018
The staff is all wonderful and it is a great place to work. It is also amazing to connect with patients and family members. Dietary Aid Assistant is a great part-time position for high-school and college students and the scheduling is extremely flexible.
April 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad you enjoy your role.

Horrible. Would not recommend
Information Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 5, 2018
New management is horrible to work for. They care more about quantity of work than quality. There should be a better balance. Benefits are good, but I found it difficult to do sub-par work which was required.
benefits
Cons
management
April 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d like to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at: 608-263-6500.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UW Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight