UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NWHJanuary 10, 2019
Management is severely lacking in both number of personnel and level of professionalism. Staff nurses are “cliquey” and management is often the largest part of gossip chains. Workplace bullying is rampant here with management as the largest offenders. The level of disorganization from the top to the bottom is honestly staggering. The hospital pays less than most in the area which doesn’t help. I would absolutely NOT recommend working here, especially during this terribly orchestrated UW merge. Fingers crossed it gets better once the dust has settled, but that won’t happen for years if ever.
Pros
Low acuity
Cons
Unprofessional, disorganized, poor management
I enjoyed working at Northwest Hospital
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2018
Going to work each day was rewarded . I Learned that i love Nursing and is my passion . managment was supportive . I enjoyed helping my Co -Workers n my pts . I loved being part of a amazing team who do a great job
fast paced and inclusive work envorment
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very inclusive catering to the melting pot that represents our country. It is very fast paced, but the staff are among some of the most laid back and fun people to be around.
Pros
benefits, staff
Cons
commuters nightmare
Workplace Culture
Respiratory Therapy Department Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2018
The best part about working at NWH is the workplace culture. Everyone is nice, and really approaches patient care as a team. Doctors are easy to collaborate with.
Great learning experience on a daily basis
RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2018
Supportive management along with the interaction with other staff and especially patients. A very organized schedule during the day and encouraged to go home on time and provided breaks during the day.
Pros
Supportive management and staff
Variable of learning experiences, great staff
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2018
Great employee, peers, very bad management! Management has favorites, discounts others. Isnt interested in supporting staff, very narassisstic, prootes his own career over the staff.
Great Medical team
Medical Registrar (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonJanuary 22, 2018
Loved working with such a great compassionate team to work with, very organizes hospital. excellent managers and nursing staff of all departments. Love the volunteers and their leaders.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Strict place to work at
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 30, 2017
Supervisors are okay. They are very strict on attendance and there isn't a seven minute grace period.I loved the patient interaction and involvement. Also there are many other departments with in our department to work at.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
favoritism and supervisors
Status
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
Its a private hospital, my nurse crew was nice. The only thing about this place was the care put towards patients with money or investors of the hospital, they were priority over the other ones.
Pros
Pick up extra shifts
Cons
PCA's float all the time
Loved working on med/surg unit
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
arrive receive report , assessment of each patient , check skin , iv lines , comfort VS

med pass. call MDs , give prns , help cnas

manager was always available to help , talk to

hardest part was drug attacks and etoh patients

enjoyed going to work each day
Pros
wonderful co-workers nurses all kind and helpful
Cons
Continues to go downhill for employees and patient care
Employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
Lowest paid in the area for most professions and very poor management all the way up the chain. It seemed to have potential to provide excellent patient care when starting there years ago, but has progressively become worse.
Pros
Many nice people to work beside
Human Resources I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
I had clear defined duties and I was always busy. If I had down time it was has to most 15 minutes per week. I did loads of filing in my position and the best was the monthly on-boarding seminar that I facilitated.
Pros
Great location
Cons
It is a 24 hr operation, a small city
HealthCare
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDAugust 31, 2017
I've been employed at Northwest for nine years. At first it was an exceptional place to work. Over the years things have changed tremendously. Poor management as well as very political. Healthcare is not what it started out to be.
Pros
to assist in the healing care of patients
Cons
Poor management.
Run
Admitting Rep- Outpatient Reg (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2017
hostile work environment between coworkers overworked not enough staff and definitely underpaid for amount of stress and work done.
poor management more like what management
no work life balance
benefits
Cons
pay, advancements, management, hostile
Exciting
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2017
This job was very exciting because I was exposed to events and things that most people are not exposed to or get to experience everyday. I learned so much here and I would love to work for this company again if time permits me to. People are very friendly and they take the safety of their patients very serious and have the most skilled and talented doctors i have ever worked with or had a chance to get to know.
Pros
free lunches
Struggling Company with Great Coworkers
Float Pool, Primary Care Clinics (Former Employee) –  Outpatient ClinicsJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed my position as a float to the outpatient clinics. However, it is clear that the management is struggling financially. There was a good environment within each clinic but the upper management could use some lessons in treating their employees with a balanced perspective (ie, not just money)
Pros
Family feel to clinics
Cons
No extra budget, most clinics unsupported staff-wise, technologically behind
Ok,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2017
Great staff on gero psych, always ready to help out but hospital has little funding and needs new stuff and building ASAP. pay is not good compared to other hospitals. Only 34hr for 4yrs exp as RN.
Fantastic Place to Work
Northwest Medical Specialties Lead CPSS (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2017
I have really enjoyed the time that I have spent with this organization. I feel that the Hospital truly cares about both its patients, and its staff. There is some mild disconnect between the hospital and ambulatory side which can cause some frustration with progression of projects.
Management available and engaged with staff; friendly work environment
Clinical Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 11, 2017
Excellent orientation and training for new staff; friendly work environment. My job involved commuting between widely varied outpatient and specialty clinics and hospitals in the UW system, so my experience is unique. Never had a problem with staff or management at any UW job site.
Work History
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 20, 2017
I have enjoyed every aspect of my nursing career. I have worked in a variety of settings for over 28 years and have found each job fulfilling and satisfying.
Pros
Patient appreciation for nursing care
Cons
Mandatory mandation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center Reviews by Location