UW Neighborhood Clinics

UW Neighborhood Clinics Employee Reviews

Good starting point
Emphasis on being a teaching clinic, so good place to get started right out of school. Some disconnect between admins and employees/specific clinics. Could use better pay and perks.
Great Place to Work
great organization. They are a large group, so the administrative support structure could be better (HR, finance, etc) however, everyone I ever worked with was wonderful, and as long as you can navigate a larger system, your time there will be great.
Management condones and encourages bullying.
UWNC Woodinville was a place of team building and encouragement. However, since new Manager began employee morale has declined and great staff members have left. Micromanagement and bullying are the Managers' go-to tools. The once happy environment has been replaced with petty, backstabbing behaviour.
Pros
Union Shop
Cons
Short-staffed, abusive environment, low pay
Admin Life is Slow at UWNC Head Office
As an admin assistant one primarily performs complex calendaring/scheduling of multiple person recurring meetings. Meeting prep to include; facility booking and set up, agenda preparation, packet printing, A/V set up and take down, and meeting minutes. Very routine from month to month with some but not many opportunities for other projects.
I had never performed complex scheduling before and I became very adept at it, as that's primarily the job.

Management: there was major restructuring from the top down of management during my tenure. My new supervisor was delightful, and I enjoyed all the directors I supported. The new Executive Director restructured everything and laid off a majority of the support staff, many who dedicated to the organization lost their jobs. But not one Director.

Work place culture: everyone is very professional, dress is business casual, everyone is always looking very busy even if they aren't. No one eats lunch together, they all eat at their desks/offices. But everyone is also friendly but Seattle Freeze Friendly.
Pros
Health Care Immediately, Free Bus Pass, Opportunities for Learning
Cons
Clock-In, Clock-Out, 20 days vacation included sick days
MA staff is a family
I love my co workers and the provider that I work with. This is an extremely high performing and dedicated group of employees some of which have been here over 10-15 years and none less than 5. We recently hired a new manager and the clinic and network leadership did not include peer interviews as per the usual. New manager is an extreme micro manager who does not support work/life balance. Culture has changed from an enjoyable place to work in which made the staff proud to be a part of and encouraged us to give 110% every day to an extremely stressful unsure environment.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, pay.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
UW Neighbors Clinics
When I started, the UWNC was a much better place. Toward the end they were getting into debt and started cutting in every place they could. Dumping more work onto MAs and given us less time and absolutely no over time. Lots of us were working off the clock because “patients first”. I loved my Clinic but the drive to Seattle was quickly not worth it.
Pros
Tight knit family type feeling in clinics
Cons
Always short staff, never wants to allow overtime, unrealistic expectations
My employer of choice.
in my 30+ year career, this is one of the best places I ever work at. I have been appreciated through my career at UWNC. The workplace culture is amazing.
Good work environment
Good work environment for medical billing staff, although billing is no longer being handled at the clinic level. Billing is being handled at the corporate level, so this position no longer exists as such.
Pros
Clear goals and performance metrics
Cons
Crowded clinics; space not always available for support staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UW Neighborhood Clinics?
50-50 place to work
As in any health care field if you are a physician your job is secure if you are anyone else you are at the mercy of the economy.
The culture here is better than most, they make sure you are heard, supported and have all the tools you need to do your job.

There is little opportunity for advancement and you will do more with less when layoffs take place.
Pros
Management makes an effort to support you
Cons
Lay-offs, little opportunity for advancement
Nice place to work
Great doctor's to work for. Fair opportunities for learning new skills. Providers don't talk down to the medical assistants and always willing to answer questions.
Pros
Friendly
ravenna
great place to work. everyone was always so welcoming and the potlucks were always amazing. providers did not act as if they were better then anyone else in the clinic, we were really like a family.
Clinical Nurse Supervisor
I currently supervise clinic staff, case manage, teach classes, triage, and provide nursing care.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UW Neighborhood Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2