V Shred

Working at V Shred: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

companypeopleworkhardworkinggoodgreatteam

Focused on Growth

Great startup to work hard and play hard. CEO is amazing. This is not the easiest place you'll work, but the challenges lead to awesome professional growth.

A good place to start and quickly move on

Every task directly impacts the bottom line. Most of the coworkers are good people. A good place to start your career and move on. The hardest part of the job can be the fast pace, frequent change of directions, and communication that is not well streamlined yet.

Pros

401k, Monthly stipend, Can be flexible depending on your team

Cons

Leadership curses at employees, Managers have no idea what they are doing, Communication is poor

V Shred insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place to learn, terrible place to grow.

Learned a lot working here, but honestly was a terrible place to grown with awful work life balance. Felt like there was no clear and concise communication among departments.

Pros

Not too many aside from learning some valuable skills.

Cons

Work life balance, minimal prioritization of employees mental health.

Amazing group of people

I've never worked so closely with this many exceptional people! It's a great place to work and I've learned a ton from the team and my manager. The pay is really good and the work is challenging but fulfilling, it may not be for everyone because things move fast but if you want to learn and grow and be part of a rocket ship then it's a phenomenal place to work.

Pros

The people and team, the inspiring energy, the impact we make helping people every day! Great pay, top notch equipment, encourage and generously cover career growth costs (classes, subscriptions, etc.)

Cons

long hours (if that bothers you)

Super stressful working environment.

The pay is good but I never felt that there was enough time to complete a project. Management always seems to be on your back to get things done, often literally yelling at you to hurry up and make it good enough. Also, what passes for “good enough” is constantly shifting. This makes almost everyday stressful.

Growth Opportunity

I chose to accept the opportunity to work at V Shred for several reasons. First and foremost, many of my personal and professional goals aligned very closely with the company's as well as the individuals of the leadership team. However, the primary reason; being presented with a role that came with challenges and growth. For this reason, I've continued to progress in my career, elevate and refine my craft, as well as my personal and professional goals. For those pursuing a career who also embody this type of mindset will find excitement in their role as they discover the volume of opportunity available to have impact in their role and contribute to the success of the company.

Give 110% each and every day and you will be rewarded!

We normally begin our day with our Daily Standup as most teams in the company have adopted some variation of Scrum methodology. Other non-essential meetings have been relegated to the afternoons to free up as much work time in the morning for all of the team members, which helps reduce unnecessary interruptions for those who need to be hyper-focused. During my time here, I've learned much about the company, how we do things, our ideals and most importantly, why we do things. It's been a roller coaster of a ride, but I do believe we are headed in the right direction. The owners understand that improvements can be made all across the company and just needed a little breathing room to go from being reactive to proactive. To be honest, there have been some turnover with management roles, mainly due to a few bad hires. However, roles and responsibilities have now been clearly defined and I feel like it's made a huge difference. Kudos for the leadership team in identifying and addressing the issues right away. The owners liken the company to an elite level sports team and if you are not elite, you will definitely be exposed. If you are self-motivated and have thick skin this is the place for you! Our quarterly meetings and teams outings have improved overall workplace culture. Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks also helps! Give 110% each and every day and you will be rewarded! I'm excited about the future of the company!

If you want to grow everyday, be challenged and excel at your craft, this is a good place to work. Very fast paced environment with a very talented team of people that do know what they are doing most of the time. Only gripe is not having good medical benefits for employees with family and kids.

It's not for everybody, but it's definitely for me

Highly competitive, fast-paced meritocracy where smart work trumps hard work. We're given top notch computers and equipment, free access to books (monthly book club lunch is awesome), educational programs and very little pushback when requesting to do seminars and conferences to educate yourself... what's not to love

Vshred

If you like to be in a room full of grinders this is the place for you. They teach you how to be the best at your job and provide you with the best equipment.

A well oiled machine

I didn't know what to expect when starting with V-Shred but after working here for awhile it really starts to put you into a very creative and productive mindset. I have never been apart of a company where I have been exposed to such valuable knowledge and energy! My favorite thing is the monthly book club meetings.The entire company is very much into personal and group development which is one of the main reasons I chose to accept the job offer. You will find yourself working around a lot of really smart and passionate people as well. If you're into grinding as much as me then you will certainly enjoy working for the company.

A very well ran company.

V Shred is a very well ran company. At V Shred we always put our best foot forward and try to make the absolute most out of everything we have. I enjoy coming to work it is a amazing environment to work in a whole bunch of hungry people working very hard to accomplish one common goal.

VShred helps shred the fat and the bureaucracy

This is a startup and there is consistent sense of urgency for all projects. The pace and urgency of this company might not be for everybody. The people that I work with are at the top of their game. It is a joy working with high-performing people. The leadership is very supportive of your professional growth. The leadership happily sent me to a conference related to my profession. Book-club meetings are held every month to discuss business books. If you are looking to work at a high-performing, fast-paced fitness and health company that is aimed at helping people live their life at their fullest health potential then VShred is the company for you.

Great place to work!

I have worked at various companies over my 18 year career, and V Shred has been the best home for me out of all of them. It's a culture where you want to perform well, and never settle for mediocrity. Everyone pushes everyone, and are quick to respond. Being a relatively new company, I have learned to wear many hats, and figure it out as I go. Two days are never the same. We work hard, and play hard. Our quarterly meetings are fun, and we usually spend the evening with some sort of casual entertainment. I highly recommend V Shred!

V Shred is for hard-workers only :)

My typical day starts at 9am. I go straight to my desk, put my headphones in and grind. I have learned that work is work and no one has time to mess around. You will be held responsible for your work, good or bad. I like working here because it teaches responsibility and accountability.

culture

the culture here is not for everyone, we outwork everyone else but we also all get along great and share the same values. this is not a place where you can scrape by doing the minimum amount of work

Rewarding Work in a Fast Paced Company

The work I do is very rewarding. The projects come in fast and with great importance and urgency. There is no dull moment, which makes the job fun, as the work that is put in directly impacts the products and campaigns that are being rolled out. The culture is definitely one of "work hard, play hard" where the work is rewarded. Self determined and self starters are the ones that make it through here, it is not for everyone, but if you have the go getter mentality, this is the place to be at.

Life Changing Experience

This company does everything right. Bottom line. I was actually really nervous when I started working here because it all seemed too good to be true. Turns out, after over a year here, it was both good and true. I come from a history of start ups and I've never been treated with more respect for my position in any company I've ever worked for. The owners are some of the most humble, motivating, hard working, and honest people on the planet. They've created an environment where everyone wants to keep pushing themselves and keep doing better. They also support any opportunity for further education. Whether that's books, courses or conferences, they will go out of their way to make sure you get it or attend it. If you're looking for somewhere to truly grow as a person and in your career, this is absolutely the place for you.

Dynamite place to work 🧨

Working at V Shred has been the most intense and rewarding job I've ever been in. It has challenged me to sharpen the tip of my spear and put me in close quarters with the greatest group of guys and gals I've seen in any other company I've worked for. The atmosphere is of a startup done right and it just keeps getting better as we grow at an explosive rate.

Great, hard-driving work environment.

V Shred is a team of driven professionals who take pride in their accomplishments and tend to be less than accepting of mediocrity. This is great place to work if that environment appeals to you.

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Working here is a great opportunity and a great experience. I have a blast every day working here. Most of my time is spent learning new stuff and putting it into action, my days are not taken up by ridiculous meetings, only a daily stand-up every morning. It's wonderful!

Common questions about V Shred

Answered by current and former employees at V Shred

Ask a question about working or interviewing at V Shred. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits