V2 CIGS Employee Reviews

VMR / V2 Cigs is the greatest company I've ever worked for!
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2018
I've been employed with VMR / V2 Cigs since near inception, and I've watched the company grow to a successful, international business enterprise. I have the utmost respect for our CEO, who maintains a forward-thinking vision of the company to remain competitive in a relatively new and ever-changing industry. The workplace is relaxed, with high expectations on performance. The corporate office is located near Wynwood / Midtown, which is convenient for Miami Beach residents, downtown and greater Miami; many employees even commute from Broward area. The team is very diverse, and the company remains focused on being a technological pioneer in the vapor industry. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with opportunity for growth and advancement, look no further. Highly recommend. A+
Pros
great benefits, competitive, opportunities for growth/advancement, diverse staff, fun work environment, great people overall
The cream of the crop, rises to the top.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2018
Entrepreneurial mindsets & creative ideas are encouraged.

A typical day for me? If i'm in before 10, I can leave at 6, 1 hr lunch.
I prefer to be here 9-7 & I find I get a lot done in the quite hours on either end of the day.
A normal day is split up (as I see fit) between:
-Cold calling [vape shops, head shops, bodegas, tobacco outlets, dispensaries, e-commerce sites & distributors] to offer free samples, create/gauge interest in a product, or gather pertinent market information.
-Following up on samples to do walk thru & offer quote, log feedback.
-Following up on walk through and quotes to close deals.
-Processing: new account entries as contacts & customers, sample requests, quotes, and orders through our NAV CRM.
-Maintaining existing accounts with check-in calls & emails.
-Attempt to grow existing accounts by introducing new products, services, and strategies.

I've learned much about business, product & brand development, along with the deep understanding of many, many different markets. I feel this job has prepared me with invaluable real world job experience that employers look for. Experience I'd be able to take anywhere to practically any industry if need be.

Management has fluctuated. Last VP was awesome, learned a ton. That VP recently left for personal reasons. Previous 2 VP's not nearly as effective, but still easy to work for. Full confidence and often impressed by the CEO and VP's of other departments.

Awesome co workers. When doing walk thru's for PROHIBITED I'm teaching folks how to vape cannabis products using our device.
  more... Those are always a fun call, and these elements create a lighthearted & enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Otherwise, on V2 calls i'm educating retailers about the benefits of our closed & open e-liquid vape products. Both conversations I find rewarding because they bring folks enjoyment, and a better alternative opposed to inhaling carbons from combustion & smoke.

Hardest part: (beyond learning products and polices & the CRM as you get started) is to stay focused, self organized and motivated, using your time wisely. If you worry about the $150k annual quota & spend peak hrs writing emails or slacking off, you will be your own worst enemy; running yourself out of the job, real quick.

Most enjoyable part? The freedom, pride and satisfaction in what I do, the rush of closing a sale, and the commissions. Love making commissions. Doubling my income in less than 4 years.
Pros
Flexible hours, Competitive pay, Great products & Services, Free samples, Paid travel, Fresh fruit, Cuban coffee. Amazing co workers
Cons
No 401k, No gym (yet), No onsite daycare, No employee investment opportunities (yet)
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2016
I had so much fun working for this company. I learned a lot from management. If you work hard, you will be rewarded and will be given the opportunity to grow. I read some bad reviews from this Company but I do not agree, because, I have seen coworkers doing nothing and expecting everything....so I guess the bad reviews are coming from lazy people that expect to get all when doing a terrible job. If you are a good employee, do what you were hired for and work hard....believe me, you will grow in this company. A great place to work! The only reason I had to leave was because I relocated, but if I go back to Miami, I will definitely go back to V2.
Pros
Environment, location, benefits
This Place sucks
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 12, 2016
if you want to have good benefits YOU MUST BE CHINESE otherwise forget it. Management are incompetent one track sided with no vision.
Happy That I am HERE
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2016
V2 has taught me some valuable lessons working here.

I value my time, my co-workers and my bosses. The environment is awesome and questions are welcomed and encouraged.
Hard work is constantly rewarded with opportunities to grow and the potential to earn more.
Co workers are happy, the management is not only fair but open to listening when something needs to be addressed and schedules can be very accommodating.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the team environment It is encouraged and helps you to accumulate new skills and refine old ones.
the most challenging part is sometimes dealing with an irate customer but you truly have to rely on your skills in that aspect.
It is a growing receptive environment and a pleasure to be a part of the V2 family.
Great Place to Work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Miami FLNovember 12, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I have been here a few years now and I can honestly say that my hard work has not gone unnoticed. If you come to work everyday and do your job well, this is definitely a company you can grow with.
The few times I've had issues come up in my personal life my manager has been very accommodating. Couldn't ask for better work environment.
Classic Tech Startup - Think Zappos
Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2015
As a developer, I was excited to see a Tech company in Florida that conducted itself in a similar fashion to the silicon valley startups we all love.

VMR has flexible hours and follows a simple motto: Quality over Quantity. This applies to hours put in... and reflects on your ability to execute on deadlines and implementations.

While some departments are stricter than others, I found that the Tech department was more relaxed (as long as you hit your deadlines / project milestones) and used a ticket system to manage the departments resources, as well as leverage the other developers strengths to best allocate priorities.

I am a bit of a health freak, so I was thrilled when I saw that there was fresh fruit and snacks made available to the Tech team.

Management is straight forward, I reported to the CTO and found that he emphasized the above company motto.

If I had any constructive criticism to give, it would be similar to what you hear about most startups, that the eagerness to accomplish a lot often times leaves you feeling without focus - for example, working on a proposal only to have it cancelled because the financial side didn't pan out (too expensive, etc.)

If you are looking for a different kind of Technology/Developer environment - you have my vote!

I left due to personal issues (wife couldn't find a job after relocating to Miami to work for VMR).
Pros
Project-oriented deadlines, flexible hours, holiday schedule
Cons
No 401K
Working for this Company has changed my life for better
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL.October 21, 2015
Because is relatively a small company, you can grow within the company really fast. I myself started in a low position and have grown a lot. Really happy with the Company! Management appreciates good employees, and if they see you work hard, they will help you grow. You get great benefits, paid holidays, and unlike other Companies we close two weeks in December with pay!!!
Pros
Great Benefits, and pay.
Management is horrible
shipping (Former Employee) –  miami, flJune 10, 2015
Worked here for a little over a year. Human resources sides with upper management all the time. They constantly change their minds on what and how they want something done. If you have family and/or are unable to stay late they don't want you there and you are sure to be fired. Turn over rate is very high. None of the hard working people stay very long.
Pros
half paid healthcare
Cons
small work space, warehouse in bad neighborhood (others and myself have had cars broken into)
This is not a diverse company and it is very discriminitive. Hard work and good work ethics are shunned
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wynwood, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I worked here for almost 7 months until I quit. If you are not a slacker of Hispanic descent, do not expect proper compensation for your hard work, any bonuses, raises or promotions. Also, be prepared to be managed by people who have no experience or education at all. Nepotism is show cased in every department of this company. There are no general rules; management makes them up as they go along. Preference is shown to friends and family in every aspect. Focus is more on trivial concerns than the increasing work load.
Pros
good location
Cons
everything; waste of time even applying
ok place to work at
Shipping Clerk/Kit Maker (Former Employee) –  miami, flSeptember 16, 2014
its ok when you have to miss due to a personal issue but other than that some people work their hardest and don't get a raise and the new employees get more benefits than the older employees.
best warehouse job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 4, 2014
Not hard work easy to do everyday enjoyed doing it. Will do it again.
Pros
free products
Cons
nun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at V2 CIGS. Our community is ready to answer.

V2 CIGS Reviews by Location