V3 Transportation Employee Reviews

Clean state of the art building, with a gym to workout during down times.
OTR Driver Class B CDL (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 19, 2019
Pre trip Inspection to start the day off
there's always something to take in with each new day. Management was poor, however, the supervisor was great
Cant tell you i would say dont work here
Pick Up and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 14, 2019
Do not work here. I would not trust people. We worked thete and very new. The person who was to train us was sick. We trained ourselves. Was not happy. We worked long hours. If you dont know the rules. Yo dont get paid.
Bad experience
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 8, 2019
I’m still waiting on my paystubs which I guess I would never receive. The pay is BS so is the owners. You will lose everything back home working for this company. You sit more than you run.
Free washer and dryer
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 7, 2019
Slow time of season. Used to be excellent running for team now really slow and costly but is excellent for seeing the country like a paid vacation to places you have not been before
Pros
Free lunch at orientation
Cons
Real slow deliverys at present moment
The transportation industry is unstable, pay is inconsistent
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHJune 9, 2019
The company culture at v3 is relaxed and family oriented. Dispatchers are very friendly and never cop an attitude with drivers during potentially stressful situations. We are all in this business to make money and, ultimately, v3 has a style of dispatching loads that is different than other carriers--which may be off-putting to some drivers. They call the driver about a load before bidding on it to make sure the driver is interested in taking it--then they bid on it. Lots of those bids miss the mark and you have to wait for another call.

If you want a friendly work culture where you know the dispatchers by name and they appear to care about their drivers--where the President of the company works the phones, then v3 is for you. On the other hand, their bid, wait, bid approach to getting loads for drivers means you sit a lot--like a dog on a leash waiting to fetch the freight.

Too many trucks are sitting lately and team drivers are only moving solo miles each week. (barely) Maybe--they should hire more freight brokers so their trucks won't sit as much. I don't know. This business is just--inconsistent.

Home time is another sore point for most drivers. Personally, I have only been able to get a load going toward my house once in (almost) a year. It makes one feel that, once you say you need to go home they stop looking for loads for you and move on to other trucks. You will sit for a week and eventually drive yourself home. On the other hand, the big boss is just as likely to authorize a comchek for $100 in fuel to help with the cost of getting home if you're struggling.
  more... Like I said, very friendly and understanding company culture.  less
Don’t fall for the scam
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHMay 5, 2019
A company? No more less an embarrassment. Plans for bankruptcy? If so come to V3 and live the life as a homeless person living in a van prior to loosing your home cars and all. Office staff suck!
Unproductive place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 17, 2019
Horrible dispatch and owners. 60/40 split on 83 cents a mile and you pay for gas, tolls and insurance. Owners vans break down and the gas is on you to get to mechanic. Dispatch books about 60-70 loads a day with a van fleet of over 90 vans. Dispatch caught in to many lies, AVOID, vans have over 300,000 miles and break down all the time leaving you stuck with no work
Pros
Cons
Making money
Run.
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 3, 2019
As far as you can get away, do just that. The fleet manager was nice but everything else was beyond subpar and well past horrible. As a driver you shouldn't be worried if you will be able to pay $100 phone bill. I was constantly counting pennies.
Pros
Nice truck.
Cons
Everything else.
Low miles,no money
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 26, 2019
This company isn’t for the hard work person that have bills to pay. V3 will leave you out on the road in different states like the west coast for weeks with a load how I know because it happen to me not once not twice but three times and I’m not b/s you one bit... for a team driver u won’t get miles at all maybe 1300 miles a week, and all they gon tell be patient be patient well that patient don’t pay my bills so screw this company because they will have you living in someone truck broke
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
No miles
Nice place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Love traveling this place is it. Good people to work for. Away from home 4 to 6 weeks then home for 4 to 6 days that’s the only down fall. So if you caring for children or parents this is not the place for you.
Nice atmosphere.
Sprinter Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHNovember 20, 2018
It was basically the same as All State Express but much more laid back.I was offered loads the same way as All state but it seemed that V3 were more professional about.But still a fun place to work at.
Unless your homeless Stay Away!
Team OTR Expedited Driver (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHNovember 4, 2018
If your already homeless this might be a good choice for you. Very nice trucks, very easy to park in the truck stops that you'll be living in. Fully equipped with all the amenities for the several days you'll be sitting without a load. However if you are out here to make money, STAY AWAY! Dispatch will black ball certain owners and only give them short runs that no one wants. If you even manage to get close to 3000 miles a week (that's for a team) you get parked! Upper management does own trucks but that's not the sole grounds for special treatment, excessive butt kissing on social media and in the office seems to be more of a factor in who gets loads. Hometime? Hahahaha......hahahaha. They pretend they care but when your asking for help getting more miles they don't really care, they don't really help. Bottom line If your looking for work DONT come here, they don't have the freight, they don't have the resources, and what they do have goes to other people. You'll get the scraps.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
No money
Dont fall for the dream
Driver otr (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Please goto to a bigger company that has benefits theyll sell you the dream but you have more down time waiting on loads in please dont let your truck break down they do not pay detention pay theyll leave your out there hanging your better of with a job paying 14hrs
Pros
See the country
Cons
No benefits lucky to make 600wk if that
Amazing
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHMay 8, 2018
Currently a dispatcher at V3 and love it! The owners are amazing people and so are all the office folks. I can see myself working here till V3 or I is no longer.
Pros
Great owner. Great pay. Works with you
Cons
Cant name any
You are in control of your earning potential
DRIVER (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 29, 2018
As a relatively new company, V3 Transportation will soon be one of the leaders in the expedited freight industry. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that their drivers are taken care of out on the road!
some of the dispatch agents didnt seem to care about the drivers
Team Driver/ Owener Operator (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHFebruary 27, 2018
V3 is a good company. Their new, so the available loaded mileage is some times poor. Even for a team. My husband & i as Team drivers would some times wait for more than 24 hours to get a load.
Pros
Cons
having to be on the road all the time to barely make a living....even as a team
load pros, try'd to keep you running
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 4, 2018
My wife and I enjoyed working for V3 Transportation as a driving team. V3 worked very hard to keep us running when loads were available. The whole office of trip coordinators did a wonderful job.
Pros
on down time (if at base) there was showers and clothes washer and dryer available to use.
Cons
away from the family to much
Transporter
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJune 7, 2017
Deliver loads to companies, send in BOL. I have driven to many different states... and followed all laws in other states. Preform pre/post trips on vehicle.
good place to work
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHMay 2, 2017
It was a good experice. Coming from the tractor trailor world I expected it to be different. I didnt mind being paid a percentage of the load opposed to being paid cpm. The downside to expediting is the sitting in a city for days at a time. Dispatch was good but sometimes there was no communication between them but they did the best they could. The other downside was working for an owner operator there were no benefits and the 1099 form .
Pros
Traveling, New Truck
Cons
Unwanted downtime, small low paying loads
Unprofessional
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 30, 2016
This company has no positives if I could I would have given them a zero on their ratings. They don't even deserve a score but I am trying to prevent someone from making the same terrible mistake I did. From the first day at work I knew they were gonna be a company with no future. The bathrooms were disgusting and the managers were rude to say the least. The orientation class lasted 2 days and you learn nothing about anything. They are pro friendships and if they don't like you or you don't know someone up high you get left out of Everything!!! They are rude and unorganized.
Pros
Not 1
Cons
Pay is below average, attitudes